Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,053 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Do You Ever Feel Like You Have Missed Your Chance To Make Make It In Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Ever Feel Like You Have Missed Your Chance To Make Make It In Life (870 Views)

Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you / 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Ever Feel Like You Have Missed Your Chance To Make Make It In Life by marveangel(m): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2021
Do you ever feel like maybe you might have missed the opportunity to do something meaningful with your life? Like you look back at your youth and wonder about things you should have don't but for some inexplicable reason you chose to do otherwise and now there is no going back, there is no way for you to turn back time and redo or do them again?

I've lived a life full of mistakes, my biggest mistakes was pursuing how to make money online with the mind set that it's a lot easier than making money offline. I should have known better, then maybe I wouldn't have made the very costly mistakes I made over and over again.

Being the typical "get it now" young blood that I was, I started my journey into making money online as far back as 2013
Yes 8 years ago and up till today I haven't hit the mega millions, I had imagined that before my 27th birthday I will be counting my millions.

I was just an undergraduate when a friend suggested blogging to me, he said and I quote "all you need to do is write something, post it and Google will pay you as people read your post". I was hyped--

It sounded unbelievably easy, I have been telling and writing short stories just for my and my family's entertainment since I was in primary school writing had always been easy for me, same as telling stories I could just see an event unfold and an entire story will play out in my head. I literally could make a story out of anything.

I was so good that by the time I got to SS1 I had most of my class mates believing I was born on 29th February, (I'm talking about classmates who knew me so well they had even been to my birthday parties which which always in March) it was just a harmless prank but because of how believable I was when telling stories they completely bought my fake story of being born on 29th February and only having a birthday once in 4 years.

So when my friend suggested I pick up blogging I thought easy pizzel, I'll write so many articles in a short period of time that Google will come looking for me. But it never happened, as a matter of fact if Google was ever going to search for me it will be to arrest me for leaving my blog dormant for close to a decade even I can't remember the email and password to the blog.
Blogging was supposed to be easy, but what I didn't put into consideration was the fact that I was an undergraduate, and I had classes everyday except weekends, with very little free time for myself, also I had test and exams to prepare for. To add to all that I didn't even know a single thing about keywords search or how to write SEO rich articles I didn't even know how to promote my blog across social media( well Facebook and Twitter cos those were the only social media i was very active on back then). imagine how limited my reach was I had less than 10 followers on twitter. I had started something I couldn't finish.

So after a few bright hot weeks, and some not so well written articles, I dumped the project without making a single penny. I was done with blogging. I sort the next big thing. But The next adventure almost left me bankrupt.

I came across one guy promising to reveal to me the. "secrets' of the internet. He had promised an ebook detailing how the top 20 successful online millionaires made their money and he swore there was no way I'll read the book follow through on all the very detailed steps and wouldn't be raking in at least $10,000 by the end of the month. ("All my ear stand"wink

I could barely contain my excitement, I was already calculating how much I'll be making by the end of the month, back then a dollar exchanged for about 150 naira official bank rate, so 10,000 dollar was give all take 1,500,000 unbelievable I looked at the dirty hall 3 ( Uniben Male hostel) room I was sharing with over 9 other students, I smiled telling myself just bear, by this time next month I'll be in BDPA(self con) I'll get a brand new HP laptop not this old school Pentium M my elder brother finished its life before handing over to me.

But I needed about $10 dollars to get the "magic" E- book and I had to get a PayPal account to enable me purchase the ebook unfortunately back then you couldn't open a PayPal account from Nigeria. But I wasn't going to let that stop me, it's 10k dos we are talking about here. I search online and discovered another guy who promised to help me open and fund PayPal Account for a fee.... if I remember vividly about 8k so everything it will cost me to become a million by the end of the month will be less than 15k. It was a bargain , one I had to grab with both hands.

But I didn't have the money then, so I did what every good student would do, I "invented" a textbook I needed to buy. I called home, told them we needed to buy text book and do another clearance but my dad wouldn't bulge he said whatever clearance I had to do can wait ( this is how devil tries to frustrate you when you are on the verge of a breakthrough I thought- shey devil is using my own father against me). The devil doesn't know who he is up against, I won't let the devil stop me from making my first millions online, so I piled pressure on my mom and being the sweet sweet mother she is she sent me money, she couldn't send the whole 15k I asked for, she sent me about 9k and asked me to wait till end of the month when my dad will send me more money. But I couldn't wait, no way this opportunity could vanish the next day, so I squeezed out all the emergency change I had saved up and signed up for my next adventure.

Everything cost me about ₦11200 when I was through getting the PayPal account and paying for the magic ebook, I was left with 1500 and take note this was on the 9th of the month.

When I got the ebook, I forgot about classes for an entire week, I focused, read the entire thing from cover to cover, so many testimonies and "steps" on how to make this #10,000 online. You know what the most annoying thing is? The secret strategy to make money online that this ebook advertised was to write and sell ebooks online just like the author did....������

So indirectly they were taking me back to writing and posting, the same thing I couldn't do with a blog because of school how would I be able to write an entire book, and promote it enough to drive sales online if managing a blog proved too challenging. My heart broke, so I was still going to be stuck in this smelly hostel for the forseable future, and to make matters worse I was now left with only 250 naira. I just bought a way one ticket Sapa land.(Wetin hunger use my eye see that month)

So I quit, and decided to focus on my studies, I'll study hard, graduate and get a job in an oil company even though no member of my family works in an oil company, I have never been to any oil company in fact the closest I have gone to an oil company is Total filling station. But once I'm through with service I'll get a job in shell... No Chevron my course mate Gesi, say Chevron pays higher than shell, so Chevron it is- once I graduate with 2:1 and I'm able to locate where the company is, I'll get a job and start earning at least ₦250,000 monthly...The plan was set in motion.

So I did just that studied finished school and got a job at Total Assurance Mirco Finance bank. (Ha u never see anything- this na real life not Nollywood)... My first salary was not 250k I no even see half self I was placed on 20k monthly salary, 3k transport and 2k wardrobe allowance- at least you can't say there were no add ons to the salary����)

After slugging it out for over six months, a friend of mine introduced me to his friend who had just "collected" from Malaysia ( Don't ask, if you don't what I mean, just read on), the said friend wanted to open a night club.

I went to see him, without any real expectations in mind as a matter of fact if he had offered me a job for 30k I'd have jumped at the offer. He offered me the position of a supervisor, when I heard my salary was 50k I almost knelt down to thank him. How life had straighten my brain...from 10k dos to 50k naira that is not grace to grass again o this one is Grace to sand sand.

Sometime I look back at what would have been...Truth is during my undergraduate days I had been exposed to good opportunities to make money online but maybe because of how naive I was or how the marketers choose to deliver their sales pitch I felt like if I wasn't making this money in a short period of time, I had obviously done something wrong and should quit. But that is not true the truth is any of those things I tried could eventually have made me money online if emphasis on if....if only I had stuck with one long enough. But for some reason make money online sounded more like make money quick in my ears that was my personal undoing. So here I am many years still working in the hospitality business asking whatever happened to the million dollar dream.

I have made my mistakes, all I can do is try to ensure that for as many people as I can help guide them unto the right path. If you are trying to make money online either as a student or a fresh graduate or even if you are already working I admonish you to learn from my errors;

1. There is no easy way to make money, be it online or offline if anyone tell you it's easy they are lying to you. Forget about sales pitch or YouTube videos that insuates that there is a secret or hidden technique that will allow you to start raking in millions by the end of the week its pure lie. Take it from me.

2. If you can't perserve don't start, my major problem back then was that I lacked patience. Once I hit a bump all my motivation automatically evaporates always running to the next shinning thing, like I detailed earlier the moment I encounter any sort of difficulty or a big challenge I start searching for the next shinning thing with the hope that this next thing will be easy than the current one.

3. The best time to start is now, don't leave till tomorrow what you can do today that's the saying right- don't procastinate, the sooner you start the more time you'll have to make mistakes and learn.

5. Don't set unrealistic goals. I know we all want it now, but it's not gonna happen like that especially with online business, you need to be realistic with your target. Don't start a blog today expecting 10000 page views by the end of the week, not gonna happen unless you already have the reach.

6 Don't quit again I repeat don't quit there is no venture that isn't profitable you just have to take your time to learn properly and be very very patient.

I hope you pick something that helps you both in your online and offline endeavours: Yours truly "broke Yahoo boy"

Kindly comment and share with your friends. Help my hussle. Visit my blog click all the Ads biko make I fit feed my unborn children����

Source: https://www.brokeyahooboy.com/2021/08/have-you-missed-your-chance.html?m=1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Like You Have Missed Your Chance To Make Make It In Life by olaleke2(m): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hmmmmm

You just chronicled my life history as well...well done, sir...

I'm still running things in the hole...the largest my bank account has ever seen at once na #110,000...about 3 or 4 years ago...since then, just roughing things up...

I write articles, though..that has been my main source of income... currently striving to learn Copywriting...

This is not what they told us about making money online oh...but we move...

It is well...
Re: Do You Ever Feel Like You Have Missed Your Chance To Make Make It In Life by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
We all have, one way or the other.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Like You Have Missed Your Chance To Make Make It In Life by marveangel(m): 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2021
olaleke2:
Hmmmmm

You just chronicled my life history as well...well done, sir...

I'm still running things in the hole...the largest my bank account has ever seen at once na #110,000...about 3 or 4 years ago...since then, just roughing things up...

I write articles, though..that has been my main source of income... currently striving to learn Copywriting...

This is not what they told us about making money online oh...but we move...

It is well...
I really hasn't been easy, but I'm still on it I believe something real good will eventually come out of it

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Like You Have Missed Your Chance To Make Make It In Life by Oluhills007: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2021
marveangel:
Do you ever feel like maybe you might have missed the opportunity to do something meaningful with your life? Like you look back at your youth and wonder about things you should have don't but for some inexplicable reason you chose to do otherwise and now there is no going back, there is no way for you to turn back time and redo or do them again?

I've lived a life full of mistakes, my biggest mistakes was pursuing how to make money online with the mind set that it's a lot easier than making money offline. I should have known better, then maybe I wouldn't have made the very costly mistakes I made over and over again.

Being the typical "get it now" young blood that I was, I started my journey into making money online as far back as 2013
Yes 8 years ago and up till today I haven't hit the mega millions, I had imagined that before my 27th birthday I will be counting my millions.

I was just an undergraduate when a friend suggested blogging to me, he said and I quote "all you need to do is write something, post it and Google will pay you as people read your post". I was hyped--

It sounded unbelievably easy, I have been telling and writing short stories just for my and my family's entertainment since I was in primary school writing had always been easy for me, same as telling stories I could just see an event unfold and an entire story will play out in my head. I literally could make a story out of anything.

I was so good that by the time I got to SS1 I had most of my class mates believing I was born on 29th February, (I'm talking about classmates who knew me so well they had even been to my birthday parties which which always in March) it was just a harmless prank but because of how believable I was when telling stories they completely bought my fake story of being born on 29th February and only having a birthday once in 4 years.

So when my friend suggested I pick up blogging I thought easy pizzel, I'll write so many articles in a short period of time that Google will come looking for me. But it never happened, as a matter of fact if Google was ever going to search for me it will be to arrest me for leaving my blog dormant for close to a decade even I can't remember the email and password to the blog.
Blogging was supposed to be easy, but what I didn't put into consideration was the fact that I was an undergraduate, and I had classes everyday except weekends, with very little free time for myself, also I had test and exams to prepare for. To add to all that I didn't even know a single thing about keywords search or how to write SEO rich articles I didn't even know how to promote my blog across social media( well Facebook and Twitter cos those were the only social media i was very active on back then). imagine how limited my reach was I had less than 10 followers on twitter. I had started something I couldn't finish.

So after a few bright hot weeks, and some not so well written articles, I dumped the project without making a single penny. I was done with blogging. I sort the next big thing. But The next adventure almost left me bankrupt.

I came across one guy promising to reveal to me the. "secrets' of the internet. He had promised an ebook detailing how the top 20 successful online millionaires made their money and he swore there was no way I'll read the book follow through on all the very detailed steps and wouldn't be raking in at least $10,000 by the end of the month. ("All my ear stand"wink

I could barely contain my excitement, I was already calculating how much I'll be making by the end of the month, back then a dollar exchanged for about 150 naira official bank rate, so 10,000 dollar was give all take 1,500,000 unbelievable I looked at the dirty hall 3 ( Uniben Male hostel) room I was sharing with over 9 other students, I smiled telling myself just bear, by this time next month I'll be in BDPA(self con) I'll get a brand new HP laptop not this old school Pentium M my elder brother finished its life before handing over to me.

But I needed about $10 dollars to get the "magic" E- book and I had to get a PayPal account to enable me purchase the ebook unfortunately back then you couldn't open a PayPal account from Nigeria. But I wasn't going to let that stop me, it's 10k dos we are talking about here. I search online and discovered another guy who promised to help me open and fund PayPal Account for a fee.... if I remember vividly about 8k so everything it will cost me to become a million by the end of the month will be less than 15k. It was a bargain , one I had to grab with both hands.

But I didn't have the money then, so I did what every good student would do, I "invented" a textbook I needed to buy. I called home, told them we needed to buy text book and do another clearance but my dad wouldn't bulge he said whatever clearance I had to do can wait ( this is how devil tries to frustrate you when you are on the verge of a breakthrough I thought- shey devil is using my own father against me). The devil doesn't know who he is up against, I won't let the devil stop me from making my first millions online, so I piled pressure on my mom and being the sweet sweet mother she is she sent me money, she couldn't send the whole 15k I asked for, she sent me about 9k and asked me to wait till end of the month when my dad will send me more money. But I couldn't wait, no way this opportunity could vanish the next day, so I squeezed out all the emergency change I had saved up and signed up for my next adventure.

Everything cost me about ₦11200 when I was through getting the PayPal account and paying for the magic ebook, I was left with 1500 and take note this was on the 9th of the month.

When I got the ebook, I forgot about classes for an entire week, I focused, read the entire thing from cover to cover, so many testimonies and "steps" on how to make this #10,000 online. You know what the most annoying thing is? The secret strategy to make money online that this ebook advertised was to write and sell ebooks online just like the author did....������

So indirectly they were taking me back to writing and posting, the same thing I couldn't do with a blog because of school how would I be able to write an entire book, and promote it enough to drive sales online if managing a blog proved too challenging. My heart broke, so I was still going to be stuck in this smelly hostel for the forseable future, and to make matters worse I was now left with only 250 naira. I just bought a way one ticket Sapa land.(Wetin hunger use my eye see that month)

So I quit, and decided to focus on my studies, I'll study hard, graduate and get a job in an oil company even though no member of my family works in an oil company, I have never been to any oil company in fact the closest I have gone to an oil company is Total filling station. But once I'm through with service I'll get a job in shell... No Chevron my course mate Gesi, say Chevron pays higher than shell, so Chevron it is- once I graduate with 2:1 and I'm able to locate where the company is, I'll get a job and start earning at least ₦250,000 monthly...The plan was set in motion.

So I did just that studied finished school and got a job at Total Assurance Mirco Finance bank. (Ha u never see anything- this na real life not Nollywood)... My first salary was not 250k I no even see half self I was placed on 20k monthly salary, 3k transport and 2k wardrobe allowance- at least you can't say there were no add ons to the salary����)

After slugging it out for over six months, a friend of mine introduced me to his friend who had just "collected" from Malaysia ( Don't ask, if you don't what I mean, just read on), the said friend wanted to open a night club.

I went to see him, without any real expectations in mind as a matter of fact if he had offered me a job for 30k I'd have jumped at the offer. He offered me the position of a supervisor, when I heard my salary was 50k I almost knelt down to thank him. How life had straighten my brain...from 10k dos to 50k naira that is not grace to grass again o this one is Grace to sand sand.

Sometime I look back at what would have been...Truth is during my undergraduate days I had been exposed to good opportunities to make money online but maybe because of how naive I was or how the marketers choose to deliver their sales pitch I felt like if I wasn't making this money in a short period of time, I had obviously done something wrong and should quit. But that is not true the truth is any of those things I tried could eventually have made me money online if emphasis on if....if only I had stuck with one long enough. But for some reason make money online sounded more like make money quick in my ears that was my personal undoing. So here I am many years still working in the hospitality business asking whatever happened to the million dollar dream.

I have made my mistakes, all I can do is try to ensure that for as many people as I can help guide them unto the right path. If you are trying to make money online either as a student or a fresh graduate or even if you are already working I admonish you to learn from my errors;

1. There is no easy way to make money, be it online or offline if anyone tell you it's easy they are lying to you. Forget about sales pitch or YouTube videos that insuates that there is a secret or hidden technique that will allow you to start raking in millions by the end of the week its pure lie. Take it from me.

2. If you can't perserve don't start, my major problem back then was that I lacked patience. Once I hit a bump all my motivation automatically evaporates always running to the next shinning thing, like I detailed earlier the moment I encounter any sort of difficulty or a big challenge I start searching for the next shinning thing with the hope that this next thing will be easy than the current one.

3. The best time to start is now, don't leave till tomorrow what you can do today that's the saying right- don't procastinate, the sooner you start the more time you'll have to make mistakes and learn.

5. Don't set unrealistic goals. I know we all want it now, but it's not gonna happen like that especially with online business, you need to be realistic with your target. Don't start a blog today expecting 10000 page views by the end of the week, not gonna happen unless you already have the reach.

6 Don't quit again I repeat don't quit there is no venture that isn't profitable you just have to take your time to learn properly and be very very patient.

I hope you pick something that helps you both in your online and offline endeavours: Yours truly "broke Yahoo boy"

Kindly comment and share with your friends. Help my hussle. Visit my blog click all the Ads biko make I fit feed my unborn children����

Source: https://www.brokeyahooboy.com/2021/08/have-you-missed-your-chance.html?m=1

This is me

(1) (Reply)

Emergency!!! Is The Address Valid? / Looking For A Cisco Certified Personnel / I Need Help On Ccna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.