Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

How I Stopped Persistent Hiccups - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Stopped Persistent Hiccups (330 Views)

Persistent Rashes On Skin / Instant Cure For Persistent Hiccups! / Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Stopped Persistent Hiccups by Rikze: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2021
Hiccup is a spasm of the diaphragm, or the resulting sound.

It can cause a lot of discomfort to someone, causing breaks in discussion and for some, chest pain during the period it lasts.

Just last night, before 11pm I was in bed trying to catch some sleep after the days activity. Then, suddenly, there comes the hiccups... So persistent that I was so scared it might make me sleep too late than I wanted.

My wife asked me to go take some water, I refused as it would make me wake repeatedly at night to ease myself. As I was struggling with what to do to ease the stress orchestrated by the hiccups, suddenly, a thought came to my head.

I opened my mouth wide and breathed through my mouth and exhaled loudly repeatedly, to my surprise, within minutes the hiccups stopped and I slept so well till about 6:25am today, Wednesday.

This was my first time experimenting this, and it worked so well. Could this be one way to effectively stop hiccups? If you've had a different experience stopping hiccups, please share.

The idea of drinking water has long existed, however, I think it doesn't stop it immediately, in my past experiences anyway.

Please share your experience!

Sissy3, dominique

2 Likes

Re: How I Stopped Persistent Hiccups by MEGA4BILLION(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2021
I don't know what the op is talking about.
But I know that one of the requirements to be a medical doctor is bad handwriting

Re: How I Stopped Persistent Hiccups by UncompletedBuil: 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
I don't know what the op is talking about.
But I know that one of the requirements to be a medical doctor is bad handwriting

Are not a human? Which one is you 'don't know what the OP is talking baout'?

(1) (Reply)

9 Foods To Help You Sleep Better / Joy As Couple Welcomes Triplets After 15 Years Of Waiting - Photo / Abeg This Heat Reach Una Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.