Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

#EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters (24050 Views)

#EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Police Release & Apologize To Protesters, Journalists / Yeye Osun River Goddess Runs As Police Use Water Cannons On Protesters (Pics) / Lagos Denies N500,000 Fine For COVID-19 Violators On Cross-over Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2021
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu did not order a crackdown on End SARS protests, the State Government insists.

Information Commissioner, Gbenga Omotoso spoke on Wednesday in an interview with Arise News.

Omotoso denied Sanwo-Olu stopped event centres from renting their facilities to organisers of programmes commemorating the October 20 anniversary.

The commissioner disclosed that the governor actually interceded when such case was recorded.

He recalled how some planners of a memorial gathering visited the governor some days ago.

The citizens complained they were being blocked from using the Landmark Centre in Oniru.

Omotoso said the governor immediately put a call through to the manager.

“The man stated that the Governor never issued such order, adding that they had not spoken for several months.

“This was to the hearing of the protest organisers that came to make the complaint. They even recorded the call.

“We did not order any event centre not to allow them to hold their memorial protest,”
Omotoso clarified.

Daily Post

7 Likes

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by OG1BABY(f): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2021
Okay
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Davash222(m): 10:50am On Oct 20, 2021
Okay.

I believe it was my Grandma in the village that ordered the crackdown, then. cool

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by inoki247: 10:52am On Oct 20, 2021
ok na so u people deny say dem send Soldier
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by KashApp: 10:54am On Oct 20, 2021
That activist guy that was interviewed alongside the commissioner was on fire. He said, "we all know Lai Mohammed...believe him at your own risk" grin

53 Likes

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by seunmsg(m): 10:56am On Oct 20, 2021
Davash222:
Okay.

I believe it was my Grandma in the village that ordered the crackdown, then. cool

If you are the owner of the event centre, would you rent it out to them considering how things turned out at Lekki toll plaza last year?

You can’t go about burning private and public properties just a year ago and expect people not to come up with so many excuses not to allow you access to their property for another event that may turn violent.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by ajumma(m): 10:59am On Oct 20, 2021
before nko...the event of last year is still fresh on our memory.
wait oo... where is that lesbians' aka DJ Switch?

in CANADA now doing ashawo with Oyibo people

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by DoggoneDogg: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2021
In other words, Sanwo-Olu is not in control of Lagos State if someone else ordered heavy military presence to his own state.

Afonjas are sophisticated fools

15 Likes

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2021
I know that no man can never brainwash me to go protest, die or fight for any idealogy.

I can never be used as a tool for politicians to achieve their ambitions.

I know i am not a sheep and will never be influenced by any group or peer pressure to protest or fight for any idealogy to feel among.

Get a job, create a business and get a hobby,stop having a victimized mentality and it will be very difficult for these crazy people with dangerous ideas to influence you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by FvckAllMods: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2021
No maybe na my grandma for village lol
Davash222:
Okay.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by FvckAllMods: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Government full of lairs
inoki247:
ok na so u people deny say dem send Soldier

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Maxymilliano(m): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Lol .... Fear fear governor

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by treesun: 11:08am On Oct 20, 2021
fergie0o1:
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu did not order a crackdown on End SARS protests, the State Government insists.

Daily Post

So who did? Sanwo-Olu said one of the Commissioners wife called him they are shooting in Lekki. Only to say power beyond him. One day the loader will LOAD!
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Perfectnumber6(m): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2021
ajumma:
before nko...the event of last year is still fresh on our memory.
wait oo... where is that lesbians' aka DJ Switch?

in CANADA now doing ashawo with Oyibo people

And you are in Nigeria , hopeless and frustrated doing owo mi da in parks ��

15 Likes

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by ajumma(m): 11:38am On Oct 20, 2021
Perfectnumber6:

And you are in Nigeria , hopeless and frustrated doing owo mi da in parks ��

I better be doing menial job in Nigeria than been a fugitive or refugee in abroad or doing yahoo, yahoo and lesbian .

No place like home ..Dj switch & co like you have murdered sleep

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Lightway: 11:40am On Oct 20, 2021
How come we have never seen these endsars victims but we saw that protesters killed 27 policemen

1 Like

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Perfectnumber6(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2021
ajumma:

I better be doing menial job in Nigeria than been a fugitive or refugee in abroad or doing yahoo, yahoo and lesbian .

No place like home ..Dj switch & co like you have murdered sleep

And that menial job is what you will continue to do for the rest of your life . Hard currency too sweet abeg .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Cosmatikka: 11:40am On Oct 20, 2021
That shows he's not in control in his state.

This is the more reason why every sane mind should call for restructuring or balkanization of the zoo, so that we'll know who to hold responsible for everything that happens, whether good or bad

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Crossroad1(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2021
grin
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by wunmi590(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2021

Never trust government angry
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by OnlineArchitect: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Nigerian government have failed us.

They didn't provide job we kept quiet

They didn't provide electricity we kept quiet

They didn't provide good roads we kept quiet

They didn't provide social amenities we kept quiet

They keep embezzling our national treasury we kept quiet

They didn't provide us with security we kept quiet

They didn't provide food we kept quiet

They didn't provide us good education we kept quiet

They didn't provide us with good health care facilities we kept quiet

They're are killing us and still expect us to keep quiet? No

We are not terrorists we are only fighting for our rights. We deserve to be treated as citizens not animals.

#Endsars #Buharimustgo #reformNigeria #Wedeservebetter #we arenotslaves #ourheartisheavy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by kponkedenge(m): 11:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Time really does fly.... One can't really believe that it's already a year since the protest happened.
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by JosephXavier: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2021
We know that Sanwo Olu cannot issue such order

It must be the powers beyond him
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by AfroKnight: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Of course, it’s denial season.

Everyone will deny.

Army said they never went to the toll gate. Then changed their story until they agreed they went to the protest grounds but only shot in the air.

Fashola denied his own brain when he discovered a camera after LAWMA had cleaned up the crime scene.

Lai Muhammed denied the fact that people died.

Lai Muhammed years ago denied knowledge of the social media bill

Airforce denied paying bandits $50,000 to buy back an anti-aircraft gun.

Tinubu has denied the fact that his sickness makes him unfit for office.

Everybody dey deny.

Denial won’t change anything. The truth will always come out.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2021
angry
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by seunaj: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Sanwo Olú is a simple dude with an heart of gold but the ambition of his paymaster would make him do anything even if it defiles his principles.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Akinsete19(m): 11:42am On Oct 20, 2021
Lies
He wasn't involved but Lagos state security agencies are there with black maria. Who is fooling who?
Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by porthouse7(f): 11:42am On Oct 20, 2021
Just watched an uber guy who refused to be forced to enter black maria on arise TV.... d guy motivate me

1 Like

Re: #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters by Crossroad1(m): 11:42am On Oct 20, 2021
seunmsg:

If you are the owner of the event centre, would you rent it out to them considering how things turned out at Lekki toll plaza last year?

You can’t go about burning private and public properties just a year ago and expect people not to come up with so many excuses not to allow you access to their property for another event that may turn violent.
you guys were shamed and disappointed today.
Y'all thought it was gonna be a strolling protest so you can shoot and deny later?
So, how many car owners are you scums gonna shoot today?
I was there live as I live close to the toll gate

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Meets El-Rufai Inside Government House Over Kaduna Train Attack / Nigerians Should Back Tinubu, Politics Time Is Over – Wike (Video) / Gov. Yuguda & Emir Of Bauchi Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.