Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,981 members, 7,828,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

How To Save My Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Save My Marriage (474 Views)

Please Help Save My Marriage / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Save My Marriage by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
How to Save Your Marriage
Steps to Take Before Calling It Quits

Even if it feels like your marriage is failing, there are ways to work through your problems.

Every marriage has its ups and downs. But if you're reading this, chances are yours has been down for a while now. Maybe you’ve been dealing with an intensely stressful situation like a job change, a new baby, or having to care for an aging parent. Or maybe you’re arguing over money, or someone cheated, or your sex life has gone kaput. There are lots of different scenarios that have the potential to send a relationship into a downward spiral.

When a marriage starts to falter, one thing’s for sure: Each partner starts putting their personal needs over the needs of their relationship, says marriage and family therapist Risa Ganel, MS, LCMFT.

That can make working through a tough situation almost impossible. And instead of being on the same page, it can feel like you’re almost always talking past each other.

Does that mean it’s time to consider a divorce? Not necessarily. Even if it feels like you and your partner have seriously drifted apart, there are ways to work through your problems and feel close again. You just have to be willing to put in the hard work, experts say. Here’s how to tell if your marriage can make it and the meaningful steps you can take to get back on track.

How to save your marriage
Deciding that you want to salvage your relationship is the easy part. Now it’s time for both of you to put in the hard work of sorting through your issues and renewing your connection. Here are some steps that can help.

Make the first move
If it feels like things have gotten really bad and you want to fix them, do something! It’s easy for struggling couples to get caught up in the “you go first” game, Ganel says. But “if you’re waiting on your spouse, you’re increasing the likelihood that absolutely nothing will change,” she says.

Take a look at yourself
Placing all of the blame on your partner can be pretty tempting. (He’s the one who spends all of his time at work!) But it takes two to tango, people. Instead of focusing so much on what your partner is doing wrong, be honest about how you might be contributing to the problem too, Santan recommends. When you can offer ways for how you’ll improve, it’s easier to ask the same of your partner.

Work on the PIES

No, not literal pie. PIES.

P = physical

I = intellectual

E = emotional

S = spiritual

Those are the four general ways that we are attracted to another person.

Physically attractive is easy enough to understand. You can take a few moment to read the full article on Marriage Saving Tips by feedmeey

https://feedmeey.medium.com/how-to-save-your-marriage-767c2921592

(1) (Reply)

Fully Built House At Lekki / Chrisland Student Saga: From Experience / Help A Brother...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.