Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School (30089 Views)

Government Day Secondary School Kaya, Zamfara In Pictures / Government Day Secondary School Daura Photos By Abiodun @felewire / SS2 Student Of Command Day Secondary School Flogged By Soldiers In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by dalass(f): 4:59am On Oct 21, 2021
grin

Its truly an eye-sore
undecided
All the mumus spending money anyhow on frivolities should go back to their secondary schools. The white donate millions to their schools.

I would be in my school this Saturday to join my mates in giving back to my Alma mater.

Instead of crying let's actually do our own bit. Governments all over the world can't provide every thing. I'm no politician but I believe we can help the hapless youths of today who learn under horrible conditions

5 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Moneyboyz: 4:59am On Oct 21, 2021
Come to Ogun state and see schools worse than this one

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by ehiabhipeteridi: 5:00am On Oct 21, 2021
OK ohh!
Let's work together
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by gboyetade: 5:00am On Oct 21, 2021
And Obaseki will be forming boss

4 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by blamingthedevil: 5:01am On Oct 21, 2021
Edo no be Lagos

PDP Government

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 21, 2021
Agness7:
Yesterday was the first time I would be seeing my former secondary school in over two years since I relocated from my former area.
To say I was shocked with what is left of the school is an understatement, it was an eyesore.
No teachers, no chairs, I almost shed tears.
Bushes has almost taken over the school, major part of the roof has been ruined, all the buildings are dilapidated.
Students sits on bare floor to learn, and it's a shame I learnt there are no teachers in the school that parents now employ and pay teachers through community efforts.
What is edo state govt doing? We didn't vote you guys to destroy our system.
Hmm.. i wrote my GCE in 2010 in this school
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by zedegit: 5:03am On Oct 21, 2021
Banmeallday:

Will you now support the end of the Zoo? If not then keep lamenting forever. This is 2021 and we cannot continue to patch patch things

The end of your zoo will not change things. Just as the end of colonial rule didn't change things, the problem lies with human nature.

Man is greedy, selfish and wicked.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by dalass(f): 5:05am On Oct 21, 2021
Organise your colleagues and give back

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by dalass(f): 5:06am On Oct 21, 2021
Moneyboyz:
Come to Ogun state and see schools worse than this one

Go and do something about your Alma mater
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Obamed: 5:06am On Oct 21, 2021
Everything posted by the op is 101% accurate.

The school is in a complete state of disrepair. The learning environment is now a total write-off. Motivation to teach is zero.

Seems politicians are united to ensure they kill public education in the south so that they can see illitrates to control like is happening in the north.

Nigeria is a useless country that should be disintegrated... If we don't disintegrate, we'll be worse than this in the next 20 years.

5 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by kuntash: 5:08am On Oct 21, 2021
ceejay10:
What should we do now? Contribute money to renovate it? You should go ask the school board some questions. E no concern Nairaland. Itchy fingers.

All hail the owner of Nairaland , who decides what should be posted and what should not ..

I beg make una clap for am

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Joeblazeochola(m): 5:10am On Oct 21, 2021
lilvicky68:

Haven't you seen students going with plastic chairs to school??
I see them here in pH.. even the school I was posted to teach during service at enugu same thing..
PLASTIC CHAIRS to school in PH? bros de calm down now.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by faceland: 5:11am On Oct 21, 2021
The thief in Aso Rock is a so called ex-solidler but he abandoned them and their children.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by hoha4life(m): 5:11am On Oct 21, 2021
This is my former school. I finished in 2004

2 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by offiahvictor(m): 5:15am On Oct 21, 2021
kokoA:
Command sec school? I doubt. Command schools are owned and run by Nigeria Army no state governments.
exactly
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by offiahvictor(m): 5:18am On Oct 21, 2021
neyobills:

Are you sure this is a command school because Command schools are administered by NAECS Nigerian Army Educational corps and there is no way any command in Nigeria would be in this state,Commands are party FG and NA funded too so I’m sure it can’t be this bad,is this solely a public school or a NA command school?
you got it right.
this particular one is public school not the army owned command.

8 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by larrybabanla(m): 5:19am On Oct 21, 2021
Are you sure that's not an abandoned school?

4 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by dalass(f): 5:21am On Oct 21, 2021
Obamed:

Another foolish brain dead Nigerian who'd rather deep their head inside a sinking sand than hold the government responsible for its failures.

Is it the colleagues that have been jobless due to lack of adequate education gotten from the school that will organise themselves to GIVE BACK?

What is the reason for having a government then if its responsibilities are still being pushed to the people like you're suggesting?

I won't say you don't have sense though.

You can say I don't have sense.

The western world have people who contribute the quota to help their Schools regularly without waiting for their government.

Obama years after went to a Nursery/ primary to give back. Even BUA CEO, a Nigerian went to donate billions to build a Faculty for Harvard.

I saw the Primary school Pastorl Tunde Bakare singlehandedly renovated! The whole school!!!

Its not possible that all the products of your former school are jobless and poor! Organize those that actually have to give back.

You'll be surprised many are willing just waiting for the right push.

Those students and teachers are really suffering not learning. Any wonder for their poor academic performance? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by zombieHUNTER: 5:22am On Oct 21, 2021
ceejay10:
What should we do now? Contribute money to renovate it? You should go ask the school board some questions. E no concern Nairaland. Itchy fingers.

This right here is the reason Nigeria can never be good...

If you had hope .. let this comment bring you back to reality

The problem is not the politicians

It's the people.. they're at home with poverty and mis governance..

4 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by hansomb: 5:25am On Oct 21, 2021
ygowon:
This is what IPOB is fighting against. This is what bad leadership has reduced Nigeria to.

And the painful thing is that the fools among us who collect 30k from these bad politicians would come here to defend their masters and even tag this thing to party.

They will say it's PDP, as if PDP is different from APC. Akpabio was in PDP but now in APC. Edo governor was in APC but now in PDP. FFK is now in APC. So, what makes PDP different from APC?

The fools among us will see this wickedness and remain mute, except it has to do with Ipob or igbos
Ipob will be worst than this. No be Ipob terrorist burn teacher bike, prevents students from writing exams ?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 21, 2021
The entire place ought to be demolished and rebuilt.

3 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 21, 2021
Obamed:
Everything posted by the op is 101% accurate.

The school is in a complete state of disrepair. The learning environment is now a total write-off. Motivation to teach is zero.

Seems politicians are united to ensure they kill public education in the south so that they can see illitrates to control like is happening in the north.

Nigeria is a useless country that should be disintegrated... If we don't disintegrate, we'll be worse than this in the next 20 years.

Another thread shows how the govt budgets just #2000 per person per year on health...
Yest was 201020 memorial, we have all seen how the police and other "security" agencies maltreats civilians at every opportunity, thinking about it clearly you'l realise its never a random act, a dpo, state commissioner, igp is involved indirectly or directly one way or the other. The command to "extort" and harass comes from above.
See our politicians and those with power are same, they would rather spend money paying thugs to rig elections and to keep critics in check than on education and healthcare.

2 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by officialwdhtv: 5:31am On Oct 21, 2021
Disgusting
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by 2special(m): 5:35am On Oct 21, 2021
Phiniter:

I'm sure the parents whose wards attend this school contribute every week for the church building.
complete and confident ignorant fellow, any opportunity to abuse the Church of God
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by NaijaGoBetter20: 5:40am On Oct 21, 2021
The commander needs to face a disciplinary committee or sack, CS is not a free school (Unlike Army day or Police schools) so they have money for renovations and reconstruction works but corruption won't allow such a thing to happen

I finished from Command day secondary school, Odogbo (now Adekunle Fajuyi) cantonment and the school still looks better than better.

2 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by tobstarizhia(m): 5:47am On Oct 21, 2021
This Tiwa savage sex tape is it really her?

Checkout the video:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty495X_Qqy4

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by southsouthking(m): 5:49am On Oct 21, 2021
Agness7:
it is solely a public school, army day secondary school, ikpobal hill, benin city.

The name of the school says it all.

Stop calling the Edo State govt, you should be calling out the NA and FG.

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by BewareOf419: 5:51am On Oct 21, 2021
What's our own there? it's ur secondary school, if you give them millions of naira for renovation is not bad, government can't do everything for you, do the right thing and stop blaming the government
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Chigold101(m): 5:57am On Oct 21, 2021
Agness7:
Yesterday was the first time I would be seeing my former secondary school in over two years since I relocated from my former area.
To say I was shocked with what is left of the school is an understatement, it was an eyesore.
No teachers, no chairs, I almost shed tears.
Bushes has almost taken over the school, major part of the roof has been ruined, all the buildings are dilapidated.
Students sits on bare floor to learn, and it's a shame I learnt there are no teachers in the school that parents now employ and pay teachers through community efforts.
What is edo state govt doing? We didn't vote you guys to destroy our system.
Who owns the school?
Army, police, state or federal government?
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Deadlytruth(m): 5:58am On Oct 21, 2021
Agness7:
if not govt who should we blame? The parents that are now employing teachers and making chairs by themselves?
There are currently no teachers in edo schools, most secondary schools in edo state now has just one principal and two teachers each. No chairs in most schools too.
That is the situation of public schools all over Edo State presently. After Oshiomhole renovated a lot of them through his Red Roof Revolution (R³) program, it was expected that Obaseki would complete the remaining few and then begin to employ teachers, but all that people began to hear are EDOBEST and EDOSTAR which have left even the renovated ones beginning to decay again amidst parents, host communities or Alumni association of each of the schools levying themselves to employ teachers and pay their salaries.

6 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by UPMIKE: 5:59am On Oct 21, 2021
OP,
Your own is even better.
Come to All Saints Secondary school Ehere Aba or to Ngwa High School Abayi Aba where I had my post-primary education,
And see the real wreckage for yourself.
The sole reason for all these neglect of our education sector by these animals you call leaders is because their children can not be found anywhere near these eyesore of a school.
And FYI, don't expect anything different soon unless there is a revolution in this animal kingdom.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB Change Of Course/institution Form For 2013 Now on Sale, Click Here To Apply / How Private School Teachers Work / Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.