Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,335 members, 7,957,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

Join Politics To Make The Difference, Vice President Osinbajo Informed Young Nig - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Join Politics To Make The Difference, Vice President Osinbajo Informed Young Nig (159 Views)

Tajudeen Ade: I Drove Lamborghini At 18, Joined Politics To Serve Not For Money / Nnamdi Kanu: Malami Playing Politics To Divide Yoruba, Igbo People- HURIWA / Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join Politics To Make The Difference, Vice President Osinbajo Informed Young Nig by OptimistSky(m): 3:10am On Oct 21, 2021
The Nigeria Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has urged young Nigerians to join politics to transform the society and make the difference.

The Vice president on Wednesday at a virtual forum where he interacted with Nigerian Fellows of the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who recalled his days in civil society engagements and later in politics as Lagos State Attorney-General, said: “It took public office for me to be able to get the scale of change that is required to make a difference.”

“Without public office, I would have remained a pressure group activist, I would have done some nice things, but I wouldn’t have been able to make the changes that my country required,” he added in a statement issued by his spokesman, Laolu Akande.

He said: “The way to transform society is largely dependent on the actions and decisions of those who occupy public offices. This is why young people in Nigeria must get involved in politics.

“You need to go the extra length if you are not already involved, get involved in politics while a lot can be achieved in civil society, Government still holds the ace in terms of capacity and resources to bring social goods to the largest numbers.

“The consummation of our great ideas to transform our societies ultimately will depend on ‘those politicians’ as we sometimes derisively describe them.

“African nations and especially our country, cannot afford to have its best minds and most committed social activists remain only in the civil space. No, we simply can’t afford it, you have to get involved in politics. You have to be in the position to make the difference on the scale that is required.

Read Full Article Here>>>>> https://optimistchannel.com/21/10/2021/join-politics-to-make-the-difference-vice-president-osinbajo-informed-young-nigerians/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Join Politics To Make The Difference, Vice President Osinbajo Informed Young Nig by irunoko(m): 3:12am On Oct 21, 2021
But Yul edochie is coming out to contest for presidency
Re: Join Politics To Make The Difference, Vice President Osinbajo Informed Young Nig by speaktome(m): 4:17am On Oct 21, 2021
When the man that was president when I was born is still the same man as president now...

90 yrs Old man!

No be Juju be that

#MySignature
#MyBusiness
Re: Join Politics To Make The Difference, Vice President Osinbajo Informed Young Nig by orisa37: 5:48am On Oct 21, 2021
COOOOORECT. To enable us vote RUGA out of our communities and Chase INVADERS back to NIGER, MALI, CHAD AND CAMEROON REPUBLICS.

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Travels To Saudi Arabia For Investment Summit / Poll : Should There Be Communication Fraud Protocols And The Dream Act / Anambra Election: JDPC Held Press Conference, Called For Peaceful Conduct Of Ele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.