Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Feedburner Crashing And Burning Soon… What Should You Do? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feedburner Crashing And Burning Soon… What Should You Do? (208 Views)

Fix Apex Legends Crashing Without Error / Exclusive: Opera Opay Is Crashing, Fired Over 70% Of Staffs / AOL Desktop Gold Keeps Crashing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Feedburner Crashing And Burning Soon… What Should You Do? by aditya42: 10:54am On Oct 21, 2021
Wow… I’ve been depressed for a while now because Google has decided to close Feedburner next month. This site was one of those interesting and really cool services that I grew up with in terms of blogging.

I knew that if I had a Feedburner feed, my feed would be cooler than the other kids. I could get stats. I could sell ads on my feed. I could do a whole lot of other cool and interesting things that a plain old WordPress feed just doesn’t do.

But Google announced some 16 months ago that Feedburner would be closing and when October rolls around, Feedburner is checking out. I’m sad. <sniff> Some have been hoping that Google would decide to integrate the Feedburner functionality into another of their products, the most obvious choice being AdWords.

Yet, somehow, I doubt that will happen. Google didn’t find that AdWords advertising on feeds was bringing in the kind of income they had hoped, and so… they seem to be letting Feedburner languor and die.

Last month, they closed the Twitter account and the blog, and now, the .jp domain — used by Japanese Feedburner users — was allowed to expire. Google just doesn’t seem to give a hoot anymore. Oh, and you can’t get support from Feedburner anymore, either. I’d say it’s curtains for the old girl.
Visit Us: how to update Spotify payment

So, what should you do?

Find an alternative now before Feedburner closes, and get everything changed before that day.

Here’s my choice:

FeedBlitz
I’ve used FeedBlitz before for clients, and it’s really cool, too. Sign up and try the service for 30 days for free, and then, if you want to stop ads on your feed, you’ll have to pay. However, the good news is that the price is under $15 a year for up to 10 email subscribers.

No matter how many RSS subscribers you have, the price will never go up. But there are no free accounts. If you want to keep the cost down, just don’t advertise for email subscriptions and you’ll continue to pay the lowest price.

(The lowest price is $1.49 per month, but they’re offering a 25% discount if you pay annually.)

To set up your account, you provide the description and URL for your feed address, complete some other preferences, such as customizing your email autoresponder confirmation message (if you’re going to accept email subscriptions), and you’re golden.

They even offer a migration service from Feedburner and are going after that business in a big way.

I’ve switched over and find Feedblitz easy to use. Plus, if you do want to offer email subscriptions, it sends out an attractive newsletter-style feed, which you can customize or completely design yourself.

Feedblitz also acts as your autoresponder, houses email addresses, and takes care of all the CAN-SPAM compliance, too.

This is great if you’re not using a service like AWeber, which will send these newsletters through your autoresponder account for free as part of your subscription. (Did you know that?)

There are other feed enhancement services you can try, though I’ve not used them. Here are some other free places you may want to check out:
Read More: avast well this is embarrassing

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State Government Plans To Pay Salaries Of Civil Servants In Cryptocurrency / Why I Am ‘beefing’ Wizkid – Basketmouth Explains / Replicative And Innovative Entrepreneurship By Kauffman Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.