Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List (755 Views)

Messi Wins Ballon D'or 2021 Award / Football Fans Can You Guess These Players? / Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by teegrams(m): 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2021
It is the season of Ballon d'Or again., the 2021 edition.

Ballon d'Or is a trophy awarded to the best individual player of the season. There are always debates and talks on who is fit to get the award. People sometimes question why there is a need for one player to be positioned as a superior every year above other players.

A shortlist for the Ballon d'Or trophy was created to streamline contenders. It raised eyebrows; people questioned the judgment on why some players who deserve to be on the list did not get included.

There were some inclusions on the list that came as a shock. Here is a list of players that deserve to be on the list, sadly exempted.

10. Thomas Muller

Muller experiences a brief three-week spell in every season but springs back up to give a phenomenal performance. He is highly underrated and deserves to be on the list of GOAT.

He contributed 30 goals last season; he will be watching the Ballon d'Or ceremony as Robert Lewandowski's plus-one this year.

9. Federico Chiesa

The excuse for Chiesa not being included is a result Juventus had a poor for last season in Seria A. Regardless, the young lad had a good season. He is playing his best football right now and seems unstoppable.

8. Lorenzo Insigne

Lorenzo Insigne's got in the limelight at the Euro 2020; his trademark curler goal in the quarter-final victory over Belgium put his name on many lips.

He started the new season in tremendous form; Napoli is on a 100% winning record thanks to Insigne's clinical finishes; he is fit as a contender for the Ballon d'Or trophy.

7. Jan Oblak

Oblak is one of the best goalkeepers worldwide but hasn't gotten a chance to prove it on the international stage

He has made numerous deciding saves for Atletico Madrid, penalty spot shots included. He was a tool in the Atletico title claim in 2014.

6. Son Heung-min

The Tottenham Duo, Harry Kane, and Son Heung-min relationship are like Batman and Robin. They have carried Tottenham with their legs, back, and hands to show themselves as the saviors of the club.

Son's 22 goals and 17 assists explained the love story between him and Kane; they broke the premier league record for the most goal contributions between two players over a single season.

He deserves much higher praise by being included on the list of contenders for the Ballon d'Or trophy.

5. Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez deserves the Ballon d'Or, the Uruguayan forward moved from Barcelona to Atletico. He scored 21 goals in 32 games and brought joy to Atletico Madrid by bringing the league title home.

4. Stefan de Vrij

Stefan de Vrij is one of the best free transfers that football has ever seen. The Inter and Netherland defender should be held in high regard and deserves accolades for his display.

3. Edouard Mendy

Edouard Mendy was nominated for the 2021 Yashin Trophy award after his remarkable performance for Chelsea last season to make them Champions of Europe.

He missed out on the Ballon d'Or nomination; Donnaruma could have been his replacement.

2. Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba had one of the best performances ever seen from a player on the losing side in France's Euro 2020 exit to Switzerland.

He has broken the record for the most assists at the start of a Premier League campaign for Manchester United and is still roaring for more this season.

He is one of the best midfielders worldwide and deserves to be on the shortlist for Ballon d'Or.

1. Joshua Kimmich

The football knowledge of who created the list is in question; it is a big shock for Joshua Kimmich not to be nominated.

The German international flexibility in different roles for both club and country is admirable.

He is always one of the best players to watch play. It is sad, shocking, and disappointing he didn't make the top 30 Ballon d'Or 2021 nominees.

SOURCE: https://baboyo.com/news

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by paulolee(m): 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
I dnt care about d list of nominees bcox it had never been perfect, I jus want to see the top 5 and last 3..
mr op if u were given d chance to draft d list of best player individually, others would challenge ur opinion...
the point is dt....we all allow bias n sentiments cloud our decision if we aint careful, and they would always be opinions n faults wen listing individual brilliance..
if m to decide d best 4 players this year....it would be messi, lewa and sallah....

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by teegrams(m): 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2021
paulolee:

I dnt care about d list of nominees bcox it had never been perfect, I jus want to see the top 5 and last 3..
mr op if u were given d chance to draft d list of best player individually, others would challenge ur opinion...
the point is dt....we all allow bias n sentiments cloud our decision if we aint careful, and they would always be opinions n faults wen listing individual brilliance..
if m to decide d best 4 players this year....it would be messi, lewa and sallah....

True it is very opinionated, hmm your list though very predictable.
Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by Whazar(m): 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2021
paulolee:

lord luxembourg no suppose see top 10 sef

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by paulolee(m): 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
teegrams:

True it is very opinionated, hmm your list though very predictable.
sure na...ssme way klop would go for sallah, lewa n mess ole may say cr7 messi n sallah all of us get our own views based on sentiments... why say mine is very predictable?? it looks a bit balance abi?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by teegrams(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2021
paulolee:

sure na...ssme way klop would go for sallah, lewa n mess
ole may say cr7 messi n sallah
all of us get our own views based on sentiments...
why say mine is very predictable?? it looks a bit balance abi?

Yes, it sounds like what everybody will say. Your pick is good still
Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by gistray: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2021
This is BalonD"or not Player of the month award

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 22, 2021
true but na Mendy own pain me pass, na donnarumma way day PSG bench dem put, c oblak, Mendy even de gea is trying dis season dem no put am and Northern Ireland goalkeeper Bailly Peacock-farrell who has saved the last five penalties he faced for his country is also not there

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 22, 2021
, na donnarumma way day PSG bench dem put, c oblak, Mendy even de gea is trying dis season dem no put am and Northern Ireland goalkeeper Bailly Peacock-farrell who has saved the last five penalties he faced for his country is also not there

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by teegrams(m): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
gistray:
This is BalonD"or not Player of the month award

True but some players still made their names known and deserve to be listed
Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by gistray: 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2021
teegrams:

True but some players still made their names known and deserve to be listed

At least you've listed them

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by Joebayo217: 1:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
And one player with zero assist and open play dey d ballon d'or

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by Kingcalls: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2021
Balon dor is crap...oblak won la liga player of the season , suarez won la liga for atletico but Lord Bolivia is on the list for ruling Bolivia in copa

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe These Players Did Not Make It To The Ballon D'or 2021 List by teegrams(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
Joebayo217:
And one player with zero assist and open play dey d ballon d'or

Hmm foul play or politics?

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja Is Back / Video: Alarming Scene In African Boxing Bout As Boxer Fights Imaginary Opponent / Who Will Gamble Me Chelsea Will Beat Man U This Sunday N30.000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.