Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,158 members, 7,825,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson (200 Views)

Shagari’s Grandson, Bello Declares Abuja Council Chairmanship Ambition (Photo) / Shehu Shagari Grandson Reacts To Viral Video Of Sokoto Woman Speaking Igbo. / EndSARS: Youths Block Onitsha Police Area Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson by benjackugo: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
Bello Bala Shagari, the grandson of Nigeria's first president, Shehu Shagari has advised the Nigerian youths to focus more on voting in the right leaders during election than engaging in protests, IgbereTV reports.

He wrote on his Facebook page;

"A lot of the young people who identify with the#EndSARS protest are doing so because it has become fashionable. It has become a thing of show off; that everyone is now an activist. Whereas most of them have little understanding of the socio-political system.

However, my advise has always been that we should not focus too much in protests when we can do better by mobilizing young peoples votes to achieve a change in the entire political system, or to change our present realities, or at least to be in charge of them.

We must adopt a more progressive and strategic approach rather than the usual disruptive one which hasn’t yielded any meaningful results. You can’t be doing the same thing and expect a different result.

Use the same energy and reinforce it into a political power at the polls."
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159340590280491&id=664325490

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2021
I agree with him.

During election, most of them won't come out to vote.

Is only through election we can put this country right on track. Make we start by coming out in large numbers during the Governorship and Local Government election.

I expect the youths in Ogun to come out in large numbers to vote out Dapo Abiodun if the APC dare present him in 2023.

The road in ogijo and ita oluwo axis of Ogun state is nothing to write home about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson by Bola146(f): 8:12pm On Oct 21, 2021
I always say this, nothing would change this government expect our votes 2023. It's like taking to a deaf man with no hand signs undecided undecided no changes in them, they are even getting worse. Let us vote for the right person come 2023

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson by hisgrace090: 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
So no advice against police brutality shagari grand son?
Re: EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson by doggedfighter(f): 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
Keep quiet
Re: EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson by Cholls(m): 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2021
doggedfighter:
Keep quiet

Re: EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson by adekolaelect(m): 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2021
doggedfighter:
Keep quiet
that is only what you have upstair??

Re: EndSARS: Youths Should Focus More On Election Than Protest - Shagari's Grandson by alanto: 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
For the first time in my life I am going to vote in 2023. I truly believe this man. I am going to be one of the people that elect Nigerian next leader.

(1) (Reply)

Insurgency, Secessionism And Banditry Threaten Nigeria THE ECONOMIST MAGAZINE / Immigration Denies Officer Promotion 3 Times For Following Due Process / Mood Board: Ebilade Ekerefe Reveals His Inner Social Crusader In New Photos, Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.