Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Social Networks: Loveit Gaining On Pinterest? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Social Networks: Loveit Gaining On Pinterest? (350 Views)

What Is Social Media X What Are Social Networks? - How Do They Differ? / My Hellish Experience: Swift Networks Wttx / Blogs, Forums, Social Networks And Communities: The Novice's Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Networks: Loveit Gaining On Pinterest? by hoverboardfans(m): 9:05am On Oct 22, 2021
Social networks are proliferating at an exponential rate and have been since the onset of “Web 2.0″ several years back. I was an early adapter and joined Friendster very soon after it opened its doors and it’s considered to be one of the oldest social networks going. But I lost interest in that.
read more: ka pae ranasingam movie download

At the time, Usenet was still home to me and many others. I belonged to a writer’s group called “misc.writing” which was really amazing. When I first joined in 1996, I found other writers who were going through the same writerly pains as me. It was like finding writing heaven, and I’m still friends with most of those people on another site you’ll recognize — Facebook. Many of us have even met F2F and partied together. One couple even got married from there!

Yes, everything morphs.

This year, Pinterest started taking the Web by storm and I joined it reluctantly, figuring it would just be another fad. And then, I was hooked. Pinning pictures of the things that interest me was easy to do, since I have a wide array of interests, but it became a place where you could post products you love, add your affiliate link and Bob’s Your Uncle.

I don’t do that often, but my books, for example, are items that I’ve pinned, and it gives me another way to sell them. Yes, I’m still getting royalties, so I’m still selling, though I haven’t really written a book recently. (That’s not true. I have one waiting to be published as I type.)

But back to my social networks news…

In comes LoveIt. Works like Pinterest, but with a few improvements. First, they have a better terms of service because it doesn’t give them broad rights to the images you post there. Love It knew this was a problem for Pinterest going in, and so, made adjustments so that the site the images come from still own the rights to those images, and the LoveIt algorithm credits the site where the information came from.

Second, this new social network shows you only things you’re interested in. For example, I’m so infographic-ed OUT at this point that I really hate seeing a bunch of them on my Pinterest page. In fact, I’m sooo sick of them, I seek out their boards and unfollow them. LoveIt just won’t show them to me, unless it knows I like ‘em. Cool.

Third, it gives you the ability to Tweet and Facebook your likes, just as on Pinterest, but you can also StumbleUpon, Pin to Pinterest, Email or embed what you like. That’s pretty cool, since you only need post to Love It and then Pinterest it and you have content for both platforms. Sweet! And since I’m dragging lots of mine from Stumble Upon, it never hurts to add content there, either.

The thing is that Love It is new, which is sometimes a good thing. It helps you to get established before other people figure it out. But Pinterest, though blossoming earlier this year, is starting to slow down. Does this mean the fad is over? Could be. So, it’s your call.

Me? I’m just having fun. smiley

Here are some other new social networks on the horizon:

Path: Post journal entries, pictures, music, etc. It’s a great app for keeping in touch with family or groups you belong to.
Highlight, Whereabouts, Glance, Local Mind, and Banjo: Rather like a Four Square. I never got into the Four Square thing. I’m not sure I want people to know where I am at all times or have friends find me when I’m looking beat. smiley
Fancy: Much like Pinterest and LoveIt
Forecast: Asks you what you’re going to do in the future. If you have a really boring life, this isn’t for you.

Also Check:[url=andoverleader.com/surya-the-soldier-full-movie-download-in-hindi-720p-download-links-and-where-to-watch]surya the soldier full movie in hindi download[/url]

Gogobot: Like Pinterest for Travel
So, you be the judge. Social networks like Pinterest, LoveIt, or one of the many “I know where you are” apps may satisfy your need to be social. But remember, there are only so many hours in the day. If you add too many of these, there’s no way you’re going to get around to using all of them. Pick 5 social networks that resonate with you and/or your business, work with each one for an half-hour to an hour a day, and then, be done with them. Don’t be a Facebook freak who does nothing but sit around waiting for new posts from your friends. You’ll never get anything else done!

Re: Social Networks: Loveit Gaining On Pinterest? by olaric(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2021
It's wrong to say Pinterest took this year by storm; Pinterest as a matter of fact has been breaking barriers years back. Maybe you just heard of it not quite long ago.

(1) (Reply)

Power Your Basic Home Appliances Such As Tv, Decoder, Fan,etc. - No Power Outage / The Future Of Scientific Research Is Quantum / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.