Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Practical Guides On Successful Transition From Employee To Employer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Practical Guides On Successful Transition From Employee To Employer (484 Views)

Relevance Of Soft Skill Certificate To Employer / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical Guides On Successful Transition From Employee To Employer by Youtoocan: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
In 2017, about a year after i quit paid employment to run my businesses and became employer of labour, I wrote a book to share the secrets behind my successful transition. The title of the book is "You Too Can Quit the Job". The book was well accepted and commended by those who read it. It was indeed a big hit and still is.

With the follow up book almost ready, I have now decided to share the content of the 216-page book free on this platform. Please publicize this page so that as many people as possible can benefit from it. It is my belief that so many will find answers to questions that have been boggling their minds with regard to subject.

The books is still available for those that may be interested at the price of N1,200.00 excluding postage.

Now let us go on....
Re: Practical Guides On Successful Transition From Employee To Employer by Youtoocan: 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
[center]C H A P T E R O N E[/center]

[center]“BEGIN WITH THE END
IN MIND”
[/center]

The Exit

“Dear Colleagues and Friends,

This is to inform you all that I will be leaving the Bank today following the expiration of the resignation notice period.
Words can’t express how difficult it is to inform you that I am leaving. When I joined the company in xxxx (date of resumption), I would never have realized how connected I would be to such a warm community of people.

Change is the only inevitable thing in life. Some create their changes; some have changes forced on them, in my own case, I have chosen to create my changes. Tomorrow I will wake up in my new life, full of hope of a greater tomorrow, harnessing yet-to-be realized opportunities.

You’ve helped me through some difficult times, and shared the joyous times in yours. Some people judge their lives on what they do, others on who they are. I want my life judged on the friends I keep, and how enriched I am from just knowing you.

To quote Shakespeare, who is a better word-smith than I am:

"And whether we shall meet again I know not, Therefore our everlasting farewell take: Forever, and forever, farewell, friends!
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why, then this parting was well made. "

Even as I look forward to a rather more enriching, robust and value adding relationship with you all as I make this bold move, my forwarding contact details are:

Telephone No: xxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So... until the next time we gather, my very dear friends, farewell for now."

With this farewell message to my friends and very dear colleagues in my terminal place of work, I ended my paid employment career on the 31st January, 2016. On that day it was that I quit the rat race. I resumed the following morning as the Owner Group Managing Director of a flourishing and successful Group of Company. A transition process that was carefully planned and executed within a space of six years!

Rat race is one of the common words used by the well-respected author and business man, Robert Kiyosaki to describe the typical life of an average salaried worker. While I must admit that few things in life happen through what is sometimes described as luck, which in itself is defined as opportunity meets preparedness, most great achievements in life come through careful planning, focus, commitments, sacrifices, persistence and diligent execution.

I have equally observed over time and also through my interactions with many people in paid employments that most of them do not plan (or so it looks) to become employers someday. Looking around us, we will observe great projects of enormous magnitude and impacts.

Examples of these mega projects are:

Port Mann Bridge, Vancouver, Canada: The widest bridge in the world which took six years to build at the cost of $1.9billion,

One World Trade Center, New York, USA: The tallest building in the Western Hemisphere which rises a symbolic 1,776 feet above New York City. It took eight years to build and cost $3.8billion.

Three Gorges Dam, Yangtze River, China: The world's largest dam which took 17 years to build at a whopping cost of $27.6billion.

Panama Canal Expansion, Panama: [/b]It took eleven years to build at a cost to build $5.25 billion. The Panama Canal carves out a new 3.8 mile-long channel for new locks.

[b]Marmaray Tunnel, Turkey:
It is a forty- seven mile underwater railway tunnel which connects the European and Asian sides of Istanbul. The project took nine solid years of careful planning and diligent execution. It cost $4.5 billion and was opened in 2013.
These projects, which are just few of numerous mega projects across the globe, were evidently products of careful planning, focus, determination, commitment, doggedness and perfect execution.

This is the way our lives are: Projects! The same energy, dynamism, careful planning, doggedness, focus and character it takes to build mega projects is the same dose required to build a meaningful and impactful life. Our individual lives are like projects. Interestingly, we are possessed of great spiritual energy, insights and thoughtfulness to construct our lives to align with the desired pattern. The secret is:

“You are who you are today because that is the pattern you have designed for your life knowingly or unknowingly”

Every man is indeed the master of his own fortune. A great man on the outward is first and foremost a great man on the inside. Again the secret is:

“No man is great outside who is not first great in his heart”

I discovered these secrets early in life and have deeply applied them. The consistent application of these secrets is the reason I have today become an entrepreneur by choice and not by force.

What end do you desire?

One of the books I came across early in life and which has had tremendous impacts on my life is the very popular book by the bestselling author, Late Stephen Covey titled “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People”.

This book is highly recommended for those desirous of achieving true effectiveness in personal and business relationships. The title of this chapter, “Begin With The End In Mind” is indeed “Habit Two” of highly effective people. Habit Two discusses life changing truths about making the tomorrow you have planned for to influence how you conduct your life’s affairs today.

Let us simplify it for better understanding by looking at it this way. If you desire to become an entrepreneur tomorrow, begin to consider starting a business today. Read biographies of successful people. Join relevant groups. Broaden your knowledge on business etc. If your desire is to be a successful farmer tomorrow, begin to buy farm land today, read up articles on farming business, join relevant forums and associations etc. If your desire is to disengage from the rat race tomorrow, begin to plan your freedom today.

To be continued...

To order this book, simply call 09063262489.
Re: Practical Guides On Successful Transition From Employee To Employer by Youtoocan: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
The life changing questions

Every meaningful undertaking must begin with some deep and thought provoking questions. These questions address the very root of the issues and seek to provide solid foundation for the project. To set your life on the right direction, you must learn to constantly ask yourself very critical questions.

It is worrisome to observe that many people today are living lives without clear purpose or direction. You can see it in their lack of commitment to any goal or purpose. They live each day as it comes. They live like there is no future. For a life to be purposeful there is ardent need to provide thoughtful answers to these questions. Until an individual can address these questions clearly and without ambiguity, he/she is not yet prepared to live an impactful life and therefore can never aspire to become an entrepreneur.

Why am I here - in this world; on this job; in this location, in this profession?

Do I want to be free from the rat race - Yes; No?

What am I doing presently - Working; playing; passing time; busy; Nothing?

Why am I working - to keep body and soul together; to develop myself; to get trained for higher responsibility; to take care of my bills; to make money?

Where do I see myself in 5, 10 or 15 years’ time - a manager on paid employment; an entrepreneur with at least 10 employees on his payroll; a manufacturer of essential commodities; a general manager with fat salary and other official entitlements, beneficial only to his family members; a politician making good policies for the good of the masses, etc.?

What legacy do I want to leave behind - a productive individual who came, saw and conquered; an individual who left the world better than he met it; an individual that came and left without impact; an individual who came and lived for his own stomach and selfish goals only, etc.?

When do I want to start the journey towards the realization of my life’s goals - Now; next month; in a year’s time; in five years’ time; later; can wait for now?

Genuine and truthful answers to these questions are very germane to setting out on the journey for employees who are desirous of becoming successful entrepreneurs. I personally answered these questions at some point in my career too.

To be continued...

To order this book, simply call 09063262489
Re: Practical Guides On Successful Transition From Employee To Employer by Youtoocan: 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello everyone.
There was a break due to ban by spam bolt..
Hopefully we will escape the ban again.
Let's go on with the book...

To order this book, simply call 09063262489
Re: Practical Guides On Successful Transition From Employee To Employer by Youtoocan: 9:33am On Nov 11, 2021
I keep getting banned by the anti-spam bolt.

(1) (Reply)

Microverse / Instead Of Just Posting Your Pictures, Make Dollars With It Monthly On Amazon / Cipm Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.