Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars (23259 Views)

Maradona Describes Cristiano Ronaldo In Two Words / Mo Salah Left Out Of Egypt's World Cup Opener Against Uruguay / Sergio Ramos Was Seen Smiling As Mohamed Salah Left The Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by obembet(f): 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
The managers are reluctant to pick between two iconic Premier League players, saying both bring obvious qualities to the table

Jurgen Klopp is reluctant to draw comparisons between Mohamed Salah and Cristiano Ronaldo, but says the Liverpool man has a better left foot and the Manchester United star is stronger in the air - while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will "always back" his man.

Two world-class performers are set to lock horns on Sunday at Old Trafford.

The eyes of the world will be on the Premier League battle, but Klopp is wary of picking sides when it comes to performers that boast such obvious qualities.

What has been said?

Asked about the similarities between Salah and Ronaldo, Liverpool boss Klopp said: “Why should we compare? Both are world-class. I would say Mo's left foot is better, Cristiano may be better in the air and with his right foot. Speed-wise, both are quick and desperate to score goals but I'm not too interested in comparing, sorry.”

Salah has scored 12 goals in 11 appearances for Liverpool this season, with a couple of stunning solo efforts leading some to bill him as the best player on the planet.

Ronaldo has enjoyed that standing in the past as a five-time Ballon d’Or winner, and has six efforts to his name for United in 2021-22 – including the dramatic Champions League winner against Atalanta last time out.

What about Solskjaer?

The Man United coach was also asked how he compares Salah and Ronaldo at his press conference, and said: "I’ll always back Cristiano in any competition. He’s unique and his goal scoring record is fantastic. That being said, Salah is on fire at the moment and when you see some of the goals he has scored lately, we know we have to be at our best to defend against him.

"Players like this don’t come around very often and we’ve got to enjoy them when we watch them from afar, but not on Sunday, that’s too close for me.

"We’ve got to do a good job, not just against him. I’m a big admirer of the front line they’ve had for many years now with Mane and Firmino and maybe Jota will play, who knows. They are players you have to focus on and have to be nailed on for 95 mins to keep a clean sheet."

Who are favourites?

While Ronaldo helped get United over the line in their latest European outing, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side did fall two goals behind on home soil and Red Devils legend Paul Scholes has claimed Klopp would have been “rubbing his hands” together.

“I was watching game and there was not one second where I was rubbing my hands together,” Klopp said. “Even in the first half, United had three clear-cut chances. Second half was demonstration of United going for it, which can cause problems.”

Source: https://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/salah-ronaldo-klopp-compares-liverpool-man-utd-superstars/1kv91bxu7v9v515cwl8szavduj

6 Likes

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by othermen: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
Many great players at their prime can’t even compare to Ronaldo at 36.

Klopp said Ronaldo is better in everything except with the left foot.

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by obembet(f): 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2021
othermen:
Many great players at their prime can’t even compare to Ronaldo at 36.

Klopp said Ronaldo is better in everything except with the left foot.

I don't think it is fair or necessary to compare these two guys, considering their playing times in the pitch. their age gap now, the achievements of CR7 to Salah. Salah is yet to come as I personally believe Salah suppose to do better for now than CR7 because of age gap. This is my opinion guys

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hahaha,
Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Eraddray(m): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
grin in the air

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by morikee: 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
Imagine this rubbish smh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by WibusJaga: 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2021

Klopp should not allow himself be drawn into these childish & needless comparisons. He can go ahead & sing the praises of his star player without bringing in any goat into it.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2021
My Own is that Ronaldo no be Salah mate in terms of everything

please compare Salah with someone in his age group.

I'll even choose Mbappe over Salah....

tegrianonigltd:

Mbappe over salah, if salah Dey play French League he go dey score 40 yearly

The only reason you can compare Ronaldo and Salah now is because Salah has age on his side...In that case I'll choose Mbappe or Haaland over Salah because they have Age on their side...

Who be Salah during the reign of Ronaldo

EddyRex:
Salah is 30 years old with 247 goals, C Ronaldo is 36 years old with 795 goals. Salah will need 548 goals in 6 years to match Cr7 record that is he need to score 91 goals in every season good luck for him. But for now GOATINDO GOALDNALDO remaining the GREATEST of all time. Klopp should go Bleep himself.

Don't Forget that Ronaldo haven't stopped Scoring either.....The Gap will keep stretching...

Salah ko Salamalekun ni

46 Likes

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Torosk1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
He's simply the best for now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Lamasta(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Manchester United will smile this Sunday

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Numerouno94(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Lamasta:
Manchester United will smile this Sunday

Crocodile smile abi Python smile? grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Kingcalls: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Lol...I hv never seen a player at age 37 being compared to the one is is claimed as the best presently... Ronaldo is actually the only player other stars wanna b compared with cos it motivates them ... Halaand, mbappe, vinicius , Lewandowski now salah ....its like Ronaldo's achievements inspires them

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Alldew: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Ronaldo is the best player ever.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Cocobongo(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Una don come again! angry
Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by BigBelleControl(m): 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
Ronaldo is better than Salah

In tap ins and penalties.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Bishop4bella(m): 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
I'm a Liverpool fan but who's Salah in the reign of Ronaldo

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by KingDash: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
messi left foot solos the entire football universe... salah can't score freekicks, can't cross. klopp ya papa, useless weed smoker.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by EddyRex: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Salah is 30 years old with 247 goals, C Ronaldo is 36 years old with 795 goals. Salah will need 548 goals in 6 years to match Cr7 record that is he need to score 91 goals in every season good luck for him. But for now GOATINDO GOALDNALDO remaining the GREATEST of all time. Klopp should go Bleep himself.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Koval12(m): 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Klopp is such an intelligent human

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2021
The way Ronaldo dey score late winning goals na die, If you no be football lover you go just think say na fix Dem fix am say make him dey score 90+ goals every time... I swear him na � goat...

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by frankmoney(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by chikason22(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
Salah is the best in the world right now.
Messi and Ronaldo are winding down their legacies. Kudos to both

We all will remember the legacy they left behind.. They changed football and we are grateful.

YNWA

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Gbest90(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
Career wise Ronaldo is undoubtedly better.

Both based on current form, NO player comes close to Mo. cool

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Dextre(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
obembet:
The managers are reluctant to pick between two iconic Premier League players, saying both bring obvious qualities to the table

Jurgen Klopp is reluctant to draw comparisons between Mohamed Salah and Cristiano Ronaldo, but says the Liverpool man has a better left foot and the Manchester United star is stronger in the air - while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will "always back" his man.

Two world-class performers are set to lock horns on Sunday at Old Trafford.

The eyes of the world will be on the Premier League battle, but Klopp is wary of picking sides when it comes to performers that boast such obvious qualities.

What has been said?

Asked about the similarities between Salah and Ronaldo, Liverpool boss Klopp said: “Why should we compare? Both are world-class. I would say Mo's left foot is better, Cristiano may be better in the air and with his right foot. Speed-wise, both are quick and desperate to score goals but I'm not too interested in comparing, sorry.”

Salah has scored 12 goals in 11 appearances for Liverpool this season, with a couple of stunning solo efforts leading some to bill him as the best player on the planet.

Ronaldo has enjoyed that standing in the past as a five-time Ballon d’Or winner, and has six efforts to his name for United in 2021-22 – including the dramatic Champions League winner against Atalanta last time out.

What about Solskjaer?

The Man United coach was also asked how he compares Salah and Ronaldo at his press conference, and said: "I’ll always back Cristiano in any competition. He’s unique and his goal scoring record is fantastic. That being said, Salah is on fire at the moment and when you see some of the goals he has scored lately, we know we have to be at our best to defend against him.

"Players like this don’t come around very often and we’ve got to enjoy them when we watch them from afar, but not on Sunday, that’s too close for me.

"We’ve got to do a good job, not just against him. I’m a big admirer of the front line they’ve had for many years now with Mane and Firmino and maybe Jota will play, who knows. They are players you have to focus on and have to be nailed on for 95 mins to keep a clean sheet."

Who are favourites?

While Ronaldo helped get United over the line in their latest European outing, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side did fall two goals behind on home soil and Red Devils legend Paul Scholes has claimed Klopp would have been “rubbing his hands” together.

“I was watching game and there was not one second where I was rubbing my hands together,” Klopp said. “Even in the first half, United had three clear-cut chances. Second half was demonstration of United going for it, which can cause problems.”

Source: https://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/salah-ronaldo-klopp-compares-liverpool-man-utd-superstars/1kv91bxu7v9v515cwl8szavduj

How the mighty have fallen. A whole ronaldo is now being compared with salah. Can never be my GOAT

6 Likes

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
Bitter truth.
YNWA!
Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Sonnobax15(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
grin
We go confirm this talk on Sunday abeg.....No need for many talks.....We Chelsea fans go create chance to watch that match..
Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by Olarewaju89: 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
undecided

You this lady, you have come with all this your rubbish news undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars by godsonfrica(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hello everyone. PLEASE I NEED HELP. I don't have a father or mother and I must survive. I want to venture into PHONE CHARGING BUSINESS because of the lack of electricity in my area but I don't have capital to start.
Please no amount is too small. I would be grateful regarding any penny I receive atleast to see me trough my remaining months in school.

022_9499_875
Gtbank.
Thank you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grant Being Considered For Return By Roman Abramovich / Plusvalenze Gate: Prosecutors Hand Juventus 15-point Deduction / Iker Casillas Suffers Heart Attack During Porto Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.