Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi (1604 Views)

Voting Breakdown: Messi Votes For Ronaldo But Not Vice Versa, Both Snub Van Dijk / No Messi Or Ronaldo In Champions League Final For First Time Since 2013 / Mohamed Salah To Miss The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by allgoodlight(m): 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
Debate has been raging over who the best footballer is in the world right now.

There are quite a few staking their claim for that position and long gone is the era where Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo were the top two by a distance.

Ronaldo was on hand to rescue Man United once again.

The pair were in a two-horse race for the Ballon d’Or each season for a decade before Luka Modric broke their streak in 2018.

This year the race is wide open with the likes of Mohamed Salah, Robert Lewandowski, Jorginho, Erling Haaland all up there with Ronaldo and Messi for the prize.

That prize looks on who has been in the best over the whole calendar year, but who is the best right now?

talkSPORT.com ranks the top five players in world football at the moment.

1. Mohamed Salah
Who else but Salah? It’s hard to argue that there is anyone better than the Liverpool forward.

He has scored in nine consecutive games for the club and they have not merely been tap-ins.

The Reds remain unbeaten in the Premier League, with Salah jointly leading the race for the Golden Boot, and they also have a 100 per cent record in the Champions League.

Salah has scored in nine straight games for Liverpool Salah has scored in nine straight games for Liverpool His return of 12 goals in just 11 games, and the manner of those performances in the biggest games, shows why he is the best right now.

When asked if Salah was the best in the world, Liverpool legend Didi Hamann told talkSPORT: “There’s no doubt about it. You see his goals against City, the one against Watford was even better. He’s scored in nine consecutive games now.

“He gets compared at Liverpool to John Aldridge, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Fernando Torres and others. He gets compared to them and gets the same or better figures than these guys and he’s a wide player. He’s not even a centre forward.

“His stats and figures since he joined the club are absolutely ridiculous.” Salah is the best player in the world right now.

2. Robert Lewandowski
The man running Salah closest for best player in the world is Lewandowski and would have won the Ballon d’Or last season had it not been cancelled.

He broke Gerd Muller’s Bundesliga goal record last season, notching 41 times in just 29 games.

The Poland striker has started the new season in fine form again with 16 goals in 12 games for Bayern.

Lewandowski is the man that Man City star Kevin De Bruyne would pick as the best player in the world. Lewandowski continues to be prolific for Bayern.

“I would have to look at a two year period and I would choose Robert Lewandowski,” De Bruyne said. “For what he has done goalscoring-wise and what he has won with Bayern Munich.”

Salah just edges it for the brilliant hot streak he is on at the moment, and the quality of opposition he is performing against week in, week out.

3. Cristiano Ronaldo
Ronaldo’s impact at Manchester United has been much talked about and whether he has been a help or hindrance.

United may have been under par in games, but it would have been a whole lot worse without the 36-year-old.

He continues to prove why is the man for the big moment with some crucial goals for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who may be under far more pressure if he was not performing.

Twice he has rescued his team with late Champions League goals, the most recent coming on Wednesday night to complete a brilliant comeback against Atalanta.

Ronaldo has shown why he is still among the best in the world at United.

Ronaldo’s performances for Portugal also cannot go unnoticed as he continues to be prolific for the national team.

Former teammate Kleberson believes that Ronaldo and not Salah is the best right now, because of the combined effort for club and country.

Kleberson said in a recent interview: “Mohamed Salah isn’t the best player in the world, but he’s been consistently brilliant.

“For a long time now, he’s played excellent football. He certainly isn’t a one-season wonder and I can understand why Jurgen Klopp called him the best in Europe.

“Beside Salah, Liverpool have a good team that provides great support, and he looks happy there. Things are going well for Salah, but he’s not the best player in the world right now.

“For me, it’s tough to say who is the world’s best player because I measure it by those who play well for club and country.

“Football has changed a lot. For many years, we had Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, and sometimes Neymar, but there’s no one who has shown more than they have.”

4. Erling Haaland
There is much speculation about where Haaland will join in 2022 when his transfer release clause at Borussia Dortmund becomes active.

It is easy to see why there is so much interest in the 2021 considering the way he has started this season for club and country.

The 21-year-old has 18 goals in just 13 games this campaign for Dortmund and Norway, including seven goals in his last four Bundesliga games.

His scoring statistics are frightening and he continues to terrorise defences all over Europe on a weekly basis.

The striker is not quite up there with the best in the world yet, but it won’t be long before he is challenging for the Ballon d’Or.

Haaland is wanted by just about every top club in Europe Haaland is wanted by just about every top club in Europe.

5. N’Golo Kante
Kante may have had his injury niggles this season, but he’s still shown why he’s the best midfielder in the world.

He was integral in Chelsea’s Champions League success, picking up man-of-the-match awards in both the semi-final and final.

Blues captain Cesar Azpilicueta proclaimed that he was the best in the world at his position after the win over Man City.

“It’s straightforward, yes [he is the best in the world],” Azpilicueta said. “He does everything. The energy he brings, I don’t know how many ball recoveries he had today. The way he drives the ball forward, he covers so much ground.

“It is special to have him. Of course, when we don’t have him we miss him. After winning the World Cup and now Champions League, he is still so humble as a person.

“I am so happy for him, he is a massive part of this team and I am very happy to have him next to me for a few years.”

The Blues defied the odds to claim victory in the Champions League and Kante was instrumental to their victory. The Blues defied the odds to claim victory in the Champions League and Kante was instrumental to their victory

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Bigredmachine: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2021
no 1 should be lewandowski

no 5 should be victor osimhen... kante should not be there

2 Likes

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Hardgun: 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
Ok but number one should be Lewandowski
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Hardgun: 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
Bigredmachine:
no 1 should be lewandowski

no 5 should be victor osimhen... kante should not be there
See talk ??
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Nbotee(m): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
Ronaldo and Kante indeed... How is Ronaldo higher on the list than Haaland?

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by uthlaw: 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
Mbappe nko....remove Ronaldo from that list,because he score 80minutes goal....no single dribble,pass, assist,no chance created!
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ThierryJay: 12:05am On Oct 23, 2021
Rubbish list. If we are to talk about the five best players based on FORM right now, they are:

1. Salah
2. Benzema
3. Lewy
4. Mbappe
5. Sebastian Haller

It's difficult to include defensive midfielders, defenders & G.Ks as their value is not often obvious until towards the season's end after trophies are won.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 5:21am On Oct 23, 2021
I salah
2 Lewandowski
3 Benzema
4 Ronaldo
5 mbappe

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 5:25am On Oct 23, 2021
ThierryJay:
Rubbish list. If we are to talk about the five best players based on FORM right now, they are:

1. Salah
2. Benzema
3. Lewy
4. Mbappe
5. Sebastian Haller

It's difficult to include defensive midfielders, defenders & G.Ks as their value is not often obvious until towards the season's end after trophies are won.

Haller grin grin grin...always knew that u were dumb grin
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 5:29am On Oct 23, 2021
uthlaw:
Mbappe nko....remove Ronaldo from that list,because he score 80minutes goal....no single dribble,pass, assist,no chance created!

So u think dribble pass assist and chance created are all better than goals?? Even messi had to abandon all that for a tap in and penalty cos those stuff no benefit am this season.... of all the players on that list, only salah possesses those skills with goals to complement it ...
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Praktikals(m): 5:31am On Oct 23, 2021
uthlaw:
Dont let Ronaldo-hate kee you fa

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ThierryJay: 8:02am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

Haller grin grin grin...always knew that u were dumb grin

Lol, see someone without an iota of brain matter calling another dumb. You think being intelligent is by just opening mouth and shouting dumb up and down.

Is Haller not the highest UCL goalscorer this season? Pls tell me what local league beats the UCL. Someone that has scored a whopping 6 goals in 3 UCL matches and 6 goals in his domestic league is in hot form. Or is this thread not about the hottest players based on form?

Like I previously said you have proven to be completely beneath me mentally and I will completely destroy you if we are to play on a rational level. But if you employ your typical lunatic way of reasoning, you will dance alone in that space as that is your exclusive trademark.

3 Likes

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Jirehrealestate: 9:15am On Oct 23, 2021
ThierryJay:

Lol, see someone without an iota of brain matter calling another dumb. You think being intelligent is by just opening mouth and shouting dumb up and down.

Is Haller not the highest UCL goalscorer this season? Pls tell me what local league beats the UCL. Someone that has scored a whopping 6 goals in 3 UCL matches and 6 goals in his domestic league is in hot form. Or is this thread not about the hottest players based on form?

Like I previously said you have proven to be completely beneath me mentally and I will completely destroy you if we are to play on a rational level. But if you employ your typical lunatic way of reasoning, you will dance alone in that space as that is your exclusive trademark.

That Haller is a complete package if you ask me. Scored 4 goals for Ajax on his UCL debut.

Aside Salah, Lewandowski, Haller and Osimhen, current best players will be more of emotional choices than rational.

Ronaldo scored the winner for United against Villarreal and Atalanta as a lone striker.

Messi got brace against Leipzig and capped the winner against Cityzens despite playing deeper.

Remember, in all these, Messi got more touches, dribbles, and decisive runs.

So, you can never argue against any of these guys. You can only pick your GOAT and leave.

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 10:01am On Oct 23, 2021
ThierryJay:

U are still defending ur dumbness....oh my goodness grin grin u are even dumber than I tot grin grin
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2021
Jirehrealestate:

That Haller is a complete package if you ask me. Scored 4 goals for Ajax on his UCL debut.

Aside Salah, Lewandowski, Haller and Osimhen, current best players will be more of emotional choices than rational.

Ronaldo scored the winner for United against Villarreal and Atalanta as a lone striker.

Messi got brace against Leipzig and capped the winner against Cityzens despite playing deeper.

So, you can never argue against any of these guys. You can only pick your GOAT and leave.

U messi fans can hype grin... how did messi get the winner against City??
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ThierryJay: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2021
Jirehrealestate:

Funny enough Haller was a failure at Westham, so his transformation at Ajax is really remarkable.

Dont mind the demented fellow I was responding to. I didnt include Messi cos I knew that the 5 people I mentioned have been in better form over the past 2 months. How would anyone include CR who is not even among the top 8 highest goalscorers in Europe this season with zero assists. And this is someone that if he doesnt score, he has no further contribution to the game.

In the game against Leipzig, apart from Messi's first placed goal and panenka penalty, he had the highest number of dribbles of all 28 players that played the game, took 5 shots and with a 91% pass accuracy as well. Without goals, you'd still see Messi's impact unlike Lord Pendumbourg.

4 Likes

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by phr0nesis(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are still defending ur dumbness....oh my goodness grin grin u are even dumber than I tot grin grin
I'm curious to know why you say he is dumb.
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ThierryJay: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

I grab my popcorn while watching premium madness on display in the market square by Donkeycalls.

D Donkey no get any sensible ammo again, na to dey run hin package of madness remain grin grin grin

Pls keep on braying. it's in you grin grin grin. Fortunately I won't be responding to animalistic sounds anymore grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2021
phr0nesis:

I'm curious to know why you say he is dumb.

How is haller among the top 5 best players presently gos he scored 4 goals in one game.... how dumb can some people be.... have u even seen the guys game?? Very lazy striker ..... this sudnt even b in any conversation.... vinicius, sane , Osimhen, Bruno, are all better than him...infact he is not the best player for ajax presently.... u cant use one game to think that a player should b among the top 5 ....thats y most messi fans don't hv functional brains ...I just don't know whether its the same football we watch they also watch .... can u mention the top 5 best clubs presently in Europe

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ItisHi: 11:16am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

How is haller among the top 5 best players presently gos he scored 4 goals in one game.... how dumb can some people be.... have u even seen the guys game?? Very lazy striker ..... this sudnt even b in any conversation.... vinicius, sane , Osimhen, Bruno, are all better than him...infact he is not the best player for ajax presently.... u cant use one game to think that a player should b among the top 5 ....thats y most messi fans don't hv functional brains ...I just don't know whether its the same football we watch they also watch .... can u mention the top 5 best clubs presently in Europe
you are the one dumb oga.

2 Likes

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 11:25am On Oct 23, 2021
ItisHi:

Chaiiii....the number of dumb people for this NL plenty ...oh my goodness.... mention the top 5 best clubs in Europe presently

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ItisHi: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

Chaiiii....the number of dumb people for this NL plenty ...oh my goodness.... mention the top 5 best clubs in Europe presently
another dumbass question angry angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 11:33am On Oct 23, 2021
ItisHi:
another dumbass question angry angry undecided

Answer the question...name the top 5 best club teams in Europe presently
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ItisHi: 11:35am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

Answer the question...name the top 5 best club teams in Europe presently
any slowpoke can just google and give you the answer dumbass. Why are you so dumb undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 11:40am On Oct 23, 2021
ItisHi:
any slowpoke can just google and give you the answer dumbass. Why are you so dumb undecided

U are a mother4in re.tard ....only re.tards like u drop stupid lines .... u are a waste of space and a monkey in any society that whites see ur type... ur dumbness is unprecedented.... simple question u cant answer ...dumbass ur siblings must be ashamed of u behind ur back ....such a waste of a so called human being
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ItisHi: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are a mother4in re.tard ....only re.tards like u drop stupid lines .... u are a waste of space and a monkey in any society that whites see ur type... ur dumbness is unprecedented.... simple question u cant answer ...dumbass ur siblings must be ashamed of u behind ur back ....such a waste of a so called human being
e pain am grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Kingcalls: 11:44am On Oct 23, 2021
ItisHi:
e pain am grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

The only thing wey pain me be say u no get human brain, I come de waste my time dey reply u...
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ItisHi: 11:50am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

The only thing wey pain me be say u no get human brain, I come de waste my time dey reply u...
cheesy grin grin I love the pains grin

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Numerouno94(m): 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2021
ThierryJay:

I grab my popcorn while watching premium madness on display in the market square by Donkeycalls.

D Donkey no get any sensible ammo again, na to dey run hin package of madness remain grin grin grin

Pls keep on braying. it's in you grin grin grin. Fortunately I won't be responding to animalistic sounds anymore grin grin

Boss how fr? Wen was the last time u heard from Ojeemah?
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ThierryJay: 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
Numerouno94:

Boss how fr? Wen was the last time u heard from Ojeemah?

Number one I'm doing good. It's possible OJ is serving a ban as his page has some deleted posts. His last post was on Oct 18, 5 days ago which is unusual.

Hope everything is alright?
Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by ThierryJay: 6:25pm On Oct 23, 2021
ItisHi:

As in eh, the guy's brain is premium dumbino package.

Imagine he said remove Haller's 4 goals he scored in a game. Lol, is that not a sign of mental retardation? If CR scored 4 goals in a game this season, will he ask us to ignore such performance?

Without Haller's 4 goals, he still even has more total season goals than CR - another mor0nic point the mumu was trying to prove. Without the 4 goals, he still scored in the last 2 UCL matches showing that he has been consistent this season.

He said Haller is lazy, yet 12 goals don enter this season. His darling Pendu is officially the laziest player in the EPL with a rating of 25 or so far behind Lukaku who's next.

Without goals, Pendu does not do anything else nowadays. No dribbles, no key passes, not so many dangerous attempts, no controlling, nothing at all yet the donkey has the mind to accuse Haller of laziness when he currently has a superior output. You can see that you are dealing with a deranged personality who can't seem to differentiate between logic and stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Five Best Footballers In The World Right Now From Salah To Ronaldo But No Messi by Numerouno94(m): 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
ThierryJay:

Number one I'm doing good. It's possible OJ is serving a ban as his page has some deleted posts. His last post was on Oct 18, 5 days ago which is unusual.

Hope everything is alright?

Everything is cool, the last time we had a conversation he complained of being under the weather, nd he hasn't bn active for a while now that's why i asked. Jux as u hv mentioned mayb one overzealous Pendunboug moderate don ban am. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Predicts The Teams that will play The Final of THE NATIONS CUP 2013 / In Pictures: Cristiano Ronaldo's New Museum / Pornhub Begs Users To Stop Uploading Videos Of Brazil 'getting F**ked By Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.