Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,463 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version (1307 Views)

Ibadan Book Club To Pay Courtesy Visit To Oyo State Library Board On Friday / King Williams Children's Library. Now Opening. / Beautiful Pictures Of A Library In Norway. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Divepen1(m): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2021
Yes, I know some of you have read this. You can simply choose to read till you get to the parts that wasn't in the old ones. I'm reposting this because you will enjoy it. ( And I almost died some days back. So, I felt 'WTH', I shouldn't hoard this beauty)
You might decide to go slow with us. And while at it, you can toggle through my several books. Some are free and in my bio.
Some are free on Nairaland here. Some are for sales on Okadabooks.
Your patronage always have ripple effect (of hope).

This work was originally written in 2016, got a lot of traction here, and eventually birth Fortune City.

I will like to invite all my Fortunecity Citizens, especially the ones I've been in contact of recent.

Germaphobe of Michiland
Queenitee of Queenitee's hotel

And many others, but not limited to:

Annie55
Divineroyalty

Frankyjay1
Rick9
Maryofficial
Firstgentleman1

Prudee
transforma1
Millionstar33

authorsegun
adeife19
Chy27

SenhorSean
Emmajinations
Jecdope
Favouritetega

rukoyah42
DCTEEJAY008
damselposh
ayorinbolableszy

MisterRuk
kayusdguy
Giannaaaaaa

CarlJenkinson
Coolkhat
MrMike96
Youngzubi
goddessOfRed1

pradoic
Flakins
oluwaseun239
lekkxydinho

temi1202
Lordfave98
fredogie
Charminee

Electra52
ifeyemi200
SparkSon

Wordsmithpraise
riteshotz
Fmartin
Sarang

holarbolu
SapphireSultana
MyVeec3
vickyluvspices
toyhin123

StoryMage
Fazemood
abdulrazat /
writeprof
Medieval

stizzy
24favour
olaayinkha
Adeyemi7878
Unlimited22
Dammykrone
Agbonti
boldndbeautiful
goldhn
Chukswrites

1 Like

Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Divepen1(m): 9:04am On Oct 23, 2021
Chapter 1

Trouble sometimes starts with love but doesn't end there. Bidemi Adeoti couldn’t get his mind off the girl he ran into in the library. Luckily, fate was redirecting his steps there again, just five minutes after their encounter, because he forgot his phone at the top floor of the library, where he was charging its second battery.
He wondered why he was suddenly feeling this way for a girl he barely knew her name. But he loved the thought and toyed with it.
The moment he climbed the first step that led to the massive old library, Bidemi remembered he didn’t pick his wallet, which had his library card, his only access to the library. After repeatedly patting his pockets to be sure he wasn’t mistaken, he hissed angrily and jogged down the stairs.
Luckily for him, someone he had just met had agreed to hold his bag for him. If not, he would have to go through the process of dropping his bag in the bag-room, climbing up the fifth floor, and returning to pick the bag.
‘Abidemi Adeoti,’ a well-known voice said as he got to the round-about between the faculty of Arts and its annex.
Bidemi stopped in his track. He would have dared running away, claiming ignorance, but he knew better. This voice had sent away many ladies from his side, from staring at him, from talking to him; it exuded fear.
The owner always picked a seat beside him during lectures, placing an embargo around him for other ladies. Despite being coincidental, the only girl who tried sitting near him during class was raped the same day outside the university.
Normally, he didn’t care about her seat preference until two weeks before she rubbed his thigh during Dr. Anita’s Grammar Class. Bidemi flung her hand away and gave her the most odious look he could muster. Immediately, someone tugged his collar. Trying to fling off the hand, he turned to come face-to-face with a pocket knife. After which, he let the lady have her way.
After that day, he always fought for a seat at the front of their lecture rooms. She used to be different when he once met in JSS3- obsessive but gentle. Now, she was wild, looking at people with dead red eyes, and always angry. Even when she smiled, he could see sadness and anger lurking behind, but like their secondary school days, he wouldn’t give in to her desire. Even now, they couldn’t be friends.
Her name was Grace. Grace Ademola.

3 Likes

Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Freelancertowri: 4:34am On Oct 27, 2021
Please, I sent you a mail.
Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by germaphobe(m): 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
THANKS for the special mention. i'm just waiting for when this particular series will be complete. like bringing all the spin offs together
Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Divepen1(m): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2021
germaphobe:
THANKS for the special mention. i'm just waiting for when this particular series will be complete. like bringing all the spin offs together
You're welcome. I'm getting there ooo

1 Like

Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Divepen1(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2021
Chapter 2
Bidemi turned towards Grace, whose seductive dress was only tamped by knowing that the school community would frown against going the extreme. Yet, her ears were adorned with big earrings- the types his friend, Chukwudi, would call the tire of a tractor.
Grace rushed over and hugged him. But he allowed her.
‘Grace!’ He mumbled after she had released him, 'How far?'
'I'm good', she said. ’Where were you rushing to?’
'Someone is waiting for me?'
'Oh! I hope it is not a lady'.
‘What’s your concern?’
‘It’s not my concern. It should be yours because any lady seen with you is in trouble’.
‘Are you alright? So, I won’t have a girlfriend because of you again’.
‘ Why do you need a girlfriend when I’m here for you’.
He shook his head. If looks were rivers, the scorn on his face would be good enough to choke the life out of Grace.
‘Don’t put any girl in trouble o. I will-‘.
‘ Shut up! It’s a guy’.
‘ You better be telling the truth. I won’t want to see you sad’, she said and touched his face. He struck it away. He didn’t know how the transformation always happens. Whenever he saw her afar, he feared her, but he was like her lord when she was nearer.
‘ Why will I lie to you? Are you my girlfriend?’
‘ Are you denying me? I bet you want peace for the chicks in this University, don’t try rubbish with them. Don’t try to love them. Don’t try to befriend them because you are mine. And they all know that. If they claim not to know, tell them before it’s too late’.
Bidemi stared at her and shook his head. His breath was heavy and dragon-like. The scale of his anger could crash the scale on which an elephant would successfully be weighed.
‘ Will I not have friends because of you?' He shouted.
She squirmed. He looked around. People were already looking at them. Someone had even hit his leg on a stone as he looked towards them. Bidemi gritted. ‘ Grace, you are frustrating me. Leave me alone in this school ooo’.
‘I can’t. Don't let me delay you. I'm going to the library.
If he were hypertensive, he would have had a heart attack at that time. He stiffened. Grace was going to the library.
'Oh! That's perfect', he said as he weighed her words in his mind 'Library'.
Grace was always sitting at the back of the class because Bidemi loved sitting there. Even at the back, she never listened to lectures. She was either chatting away on the phone or playing games or drawing sporadically- many of which were drawings of him.
Bidemi was relieved when she left him after planting a peck on his cheek. He looked around to confirm no one had seen that.
Something was fishy. How would Grace go to read in Library? That was impossible. It was fishy. She must be up to something. He must see what she wanted to do. He ran to the guy, picked the wallet from his bag, and ran after her.
On getting to the last step, he hurriedly opened his wallet. The library I.D card wasn't there. He looked back. He rechecked the wallet.
'Where is my card?' he complained bitterly. Grace was up to something. The woman on the top floor would close in the next few minutes. He couldn’t return to the guy without the Library I.D again.
Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Freelancertowri: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2021
Good morning brother, please I sent you a mail.

Divepen1:
Yes, I know some of you have read this. You can simply choose to read till you get to the parts that wasn't in the old ones. I'm reposting this because you will enjoy it. ( And I almost died some days back. So, I felt 'WTH', I shouldn't hoard this beauty)
You might decide to go slow with us. And while at it, you can toggle through my several books. Some are free and in my bio.
Some are free on Nairaland here. Some are for sales on Okadabooks.
Your patronage always have ripple effect (of hope).

This work was originally written in 2016, got a lot of traction here, and eventually birth Fortune City.

I will like to invite all my Fortunecity Citizens, especially the ones I've been in contact of recent.

Germaphobe of Michiland
Queenitee of Queenitee's hotel

And many others, but not limited to:

Annie55
Divineroyalty

Frankyjay1
Rick9
Maryofficial
Firstgentleman1

Prudee
transforma1
Millionstar33

authorsegun
adeife19
Chy27

SenhorSean
Emmajinations
Jecdope
Favouritetega

rukoyah42
DCTEEJAY008
damselposh
ayorinbolableszy

MisterRuk
kayusdguy
Giannaaaaaa

CarlJenkinson
Coolkhat
MrMike96
Youngzubi
goddessOfRed1

pradoic
Flakins
oluwaseun239
lekkxydinho

temi1202
Lordfave98
fredogie
Charminee

Electra52
ifeyemi200
SparkSon

Wordsmithpraise
riteshotz
Fmartin
Sarang

holarbolu
SapphireSultana
MyVeec3
vickyluvspices
toyhin123

StoryMage
Fazemood
abdulrazat /
writeprof
Medieval

stizzy
24favour
olaayinkha
Adeyemi7878
Unlimited22
Dammykrone
Agbonti
boldndbeautiful
goldhn
Chukswrites

1 Like

Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Rick9(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Divepen1 Boss.
Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Ogamysamo: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
where can i read it in full ?
Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Divepen1(m): 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2021
Rick9:
Divepen1 Boss.
Ogamysamo:
where can i read it in full ?

So sorry for the late response. Exams has been one kind. Here we have it:

Chapter 3
The Fight
Yemi Akinlolu stayed back after the Brain left him for the faculty of Arts. Despite being an open spot, it was a good place to meet without any suspicion now that had eventually infiltrated a cult group suspected of kidnapping some missing guys on campus. Her demeanour cuddled his heart, giving him hope that he might give in to his desire to ask out when they were out of the debacle.
His phone’s vibration, however, brought him back to the present. Putting phones on vibration became a habit after escaping some criminals because he mistakenly put his phone vibration while hiding in his ceiling.
This time, Rose, his wife, was calling.
‘Hello honey', he said
‘Don’t honey me... Don't honey me...'
‘What-'
‘Ose, scum! Once a dog, always a dog’.
‘What are you talking about?'
‘I’ve been informed', Rose shouted.
‘What informa-'
‘Do you think I won't know abi?'
‘Know what?'
‘Stop pretending. That's how all of you pretend'. She was always worked up.
‘Wait...' He shouted and looked about. He should have expected that. ' What are you talking about?'
'Do I need to tell you...?’
‘What’s wrong with you?'
'Well... All those girls are already doing shaku shaku towards you with their two left legs. Didn’t you just finish talking to one again?' she shouted over the phone.
‘But...but...'
‘Don’t but me jare... Is it true or not?'
‘Who is peddling such falsehood?’ His face was burning with anger.
‘Is it not true?’
He looked about in wonder about who could’ve informed her.
‘Yes... Who is there? Come in', Rose said, making him sense that she was talking to someone outside their house.
Yemi was furious and looked about in Gboyega Owolabi garden. Just one chance to catch the homewrecker, he wished. He looked about again but found himself looking at busy people—no one to pin on the allegation. No one cared about him- the short fair bald man- that sat there.
‘Yeh...' Rose shouted, ' leave me alone... Help... Help'
Yemi rose from his seat. Her screams became louder. His intuition made him hold his tongue even as he stared blankly into the space, desperately hoping he got a hint of what was happening. Gradually, her cry drifted from the phone, but he stood his ground, hoping, and wishing for something to help his search.
‘Three men are taking me away ooo... Help ooo', she screamed again, and her voice faded off.
And there it was- all he needed. With no care in the world, he ran through the mazy paths that led out of the flower-filled garden as he waved down the nearest cab.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2021
You said you almost died. Whoa! What happened?
Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
Btw, I want to buy the book. Enjoyed the first 2 parts kiss
Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Divepen1(m): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2021
Jaylynn:
You said you almost died. Whoa! What happened?
Oh! I choked on something that almost killed me.

And I'm not done editting. So, the full book isn't out.
Re: TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version by Divepen1(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2021
Chapter 4: Meetings and Goodbyes
Bidemi stared at his friend's ID card and realized that he must have dropped it in the library but couldn’t place it. Even then, he must enter the library to get it.
At that point, he had only one option, and that he did. He walked briskly into the library and flashed the library card but didn’t stop even as a clutching, sinking sensation held his chest, but he maintained a straight face. The porter nodded, making him sigh.
Without a second thought, he raced to the top floor, racking his brain for where he must have lost his library card. He was holding it before he helped a beautiful goddess-like lady pick her books. Maybe, his head became fuzzy after he saw the fleece of sheep she had in her mouth. Or he stopped living in the real world when a sensation of desire shot through his spine as she touched him.
He gave her a library card. Yes, he gave her. It must have been his’. God! He was so concerned with knowing her department and name from her books that he didn’t look at what he was doing. God was his witness; if he saw her again, nothing in this world would stop him from knowing her name.
‘Wait,’ someone said the moment he got to the ground floor after he had gotten his phone’s battery again. He looked up from the phone and saw the radiant and sparkling lady facing the porter.
Despite feeling like the jubilant Billy goat, who visited the exotic mountain of the wolf and never returned, he didn’t mind. He looked around to ensure no one saw the great light of the happiness that warmed his heart.
Her beauty was so natural, even better than those of Grace’s. He shook his head to ward off the thought of Grace, who always had to make up to boost her image. Like in their secondary school days, she was beautiful and obsessed with him as she was now. Yet, her obsession lasted for a year. Even then, she was kind, gentle and only became a tyrant when she saw other ladies with him. For God’s sake, he shouldn’t think of Grace.
‘Is that your ID card?' the porter said, staring at the I.D Card. She turned it and stared at the card for some seconds.
‘Oh!’ She exclaimed and proceeded to search her purse.
The porter’s smile engulfed his face as if he was daydreaming, making Bidemi wonder how he would react if he saw Grace. Bidemi smacked his head again as he caught himself comparing that Aphrodite to Grace. They were different in all ways. Grace was as fair as the morning sun.
‘Oh! God!’ Bidemi sighed and bit away from the distaste in his mouth. Grace was fair and fair. Nothing more.
It was unfair to compare her to the lady in front of him, who had doves as eyes. Her hair looked like goats descending Olumo rock. Here was his prized- person. She would be a significant honorarium to have. Even Grace would cringe at the sight of her beauty.
After collecting her card, the lady frowned as she scrutinized the first ID card, flipping it in her finger. Then, she smiled as she looked at the library card.
Bidemi’s remained on her as he wondered what wrong it would be to ask her out there, not scared, not tongue-tied. Here was his opportunity, and he wouldn’t miss it. All he needed was her phone number, and everything was done. Quickly, he looked at his phone.
'Hey,' she called with delight reflecting in her voice.
Bidemi looked, pretending as if that was their first encounter.
‘Are you...’ she stared, asking as she looked at his ID, ' Adeoti A.B?’
‘Yes...?' He wasn’t sure he knew how the reply came as a question. But he was now more concerned about how she knew his initials.
She came towards him. 'This is your library ID card.'
'What!’ He said, surprised, 'how did it get to you?’
She shrugged. 'I don't know, but the only explanation I can come with at the moment is that it must have fallen while you were helping me to pick my books the other time.'
'Oh!’ He replied after confirming it was his card.
‘And thanks again for the other time,' she said as she headed for the bag storeroom.
'You are welcome', he said, feeling an invisible hand of fear clutching his throat, leaving him speechless as he watched her stroll off into the storeroom.
Normally, other ladies would have tried to get his attention, but this lady seemed not to care, as if the other ladies had always been lying. Since her stance was challenging, he felt the need to get her attention. He rubbed his hands together and blew air into them to keep the cold away. At this point, he cared less about the person waiting with his bag outside because he needed to get her phone number or her name or both of them.
He gritted as he looked about for the sofa they kept in a corner for people waiting for something. Luckily, the chair was placed to see every part of the library’s ground floor. So, staring at the toilet side wouldn’t look creepy.
In his wonder, she walked by him to the toilet. Staring at her as she whipped her hair, he became tongue-tied as if he was in the presence of his biggest crush, Emma Stones or Genevieve. Before he could get over the beauty, she was hurrying down the stairs that led to the toilet.
She would be back, he assured himself.
Words and punchlines jostled for use in his head until he became too confused to select one. As he sat there, hopeful and hurrying, he wished she would return on time.
Five minutes later, she wasn’t back.
Maybe she went for major, he wondered and tried to erase any thought of her smiling in such a situation.
However, his interest piqued twenty minutes later when they were no view of her. But he had to take off any ominous idea brewing in his mind, seeing that restrooms have always served as thinking rooms.
Thirty minutes. He looked at the giant clock rocking the forward, jumping from one second to the next.
' Guy... How far now?' Grumbled the guy waiting for him as he entered the library. A big scowl on his face said more than Bidemi needed to know. 'Have you forgotten I was waiting for you?'
He dumped Bidemi's heavy bag on his laps. Bidemi winced.
'I'm sorry.
'Be sorry for yourself. He hissed as he turned. Then, he turned again. ‘Reduce the load you bring to school. You will kill yourself one of these days.
Bidemi nodded and watched him leave since he was sure nothing would take him out of that seat until he met with her.
Forty minutes.
Now, questions flooded his mind. What had happened to her? Why was she not coming out? Was there another way out of the toilet?
He rose and went in search of her, hoping he would run into her. So he can use the line of ‘Oh! We meet again for the third time, which might lead to getting her name because he would tell her he doesn’t believe in coincidence.
He got to the front of the toilet and stared at the tag placed in front of it, ' Female'.
Should I enter? He wondered.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Life's Witty Inspirational Poem / Studying Abroad: Look Before You Leap / Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.