Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,653 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel (5481 Views)

Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Dasuki Lied, Shunned Arms Probe Panel’s Invitation –presidency / Judge Disagrees With Probe Panel Over Aregbesola’s Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by kellybaba(m): 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2011
if PDP gets it working again as we all clamour for,how will its Thieftains(sorry chieftains) siphon billions for their personal avarice The drain-pipe has got to remain comatose while billions are budgeted for it yearly under the pretext of turn-around maintenance like is being currently done with NNPC Refineries.Dont ask me where the billions will eventually land ! Welcome to Naija !
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by MMM2(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
dats 9ja 4 u.
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by enyojo(f): 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2011
Saw this explosive write-up and felt should let u know:
[b]Na True: There are enough non-political technocrats that GEJ can use, if he means to solve Nigeria's problems. The job of the opposition is to keep him on track. No matter how GEJ's supporters paint him, as different from the other thieves in PDP, some of us still have reservations about how different he is - actions and history speak for themselves. Let him assemble the technocrats from outside political party fold and let them do the work. Jega was not a member of any party, and it showed when he came and did his best. The same cannot be said of Prof Iwuruwuru and many of the returning officers, who Jega put in their places. Look at Anini (or Anenih), how he handled road projects worth more than N300b or Imoke, how he used N16b to provide darkness for Nigeria. These were/are PDP members. If GEJ means to succeed, he needs to avoid as many of these fraudsters as possible. But we know that GEJ cannot avoid appointing these PDP criminals - they
all worked collectively to ensure his (s)election - starting from the
primaries to the ghost votes from the southeast. Even as we speak, PDP are trying to ensure that Bankole gets a political position, with such a load on his head.

I salute Tinubu on his stand - he should not muddy the water for our incoming President (Fashola) come 2015. Let GEJ face his own work.

Den [/b]
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by MeGaStReEt: 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2011
Jesus Wept
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by ololufemi: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2011
The fastest way to resolve the Ajaokuta dilemma is for nigeria to partner with the Chinese regarding that Steel Plant.

Though we know how the Chinese behave regarding their business models, I believe that Steel Plant will work if they are involved.

But due to corruption, Government will not do what is right.

Look at the Greenfield Refinery projects, the Chinese guys were ready only for Federal Government to shift the goalpost by ayear.

I recently heard that Patrici Etteh has been absolved of her alleged wrongdoings by the house.

What a parting gift and some called democracy.

Corruption still thrives in Naija (biig time).

Surely it will end one day.
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by suomi: 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ Reference, I was crying and at the same time laughing for this country when I read your piece. It's a shame on this country.

What else do we want God to do for us. We are blessed as a nation flowing with milk and honey, endowed with all natural and human resources. I have transversed all the continents of world except one. Nigeria is blessed but this monster called Corruption is the bane of our problem. Our leaders are too corrupt and selfish. I pray that one day things will change for better when men and women alike, that are in position of power, will think less of themselves from stealing and siphoning our wealth for their greed and be selfless, focus and visionary. Honestly , we need leaders who are sincere in moving this nation forward.

God bless Nigeria. Naija ko ni baje o!
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by Acidosis(m): 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2011
I can take over the company and run it perfectly! I have what it takes to make it happen. I'm a student but I have a whole lot of strategic/developmental forces, profitable plans and proposals to change the face of Ajaokuta steel company. All I need is a call from the FG.+2347031128665.
C.E.O mcdeolu®
facebook_ Israel M-i
israel_adeolu@yahoo.com
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by JimmyBoy1: 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2011
When you read stuff like this, you feel like crying and at the same time you have the impulse to execute some people if given the chance. I once read that at the time Ajaokuta was commissioned , China had three steel plants but their combined capacity was not up to that of Ajaokuta. China is the number one steel exporter today while Nigeria is hardly on world steel map,

I just hope GEJ and co will be sincere enough to revitalize this vital national facility.
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by muyiserra: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2011
Na wa o, the government should look into these seriously o, my step father
almost got a job there in 2002 or so, wen he went there n comes back he
was like men Nigeria is fuckin rich cos theere i mean Ajaokuta even the stone
you pick on the ground u find out the have tiny particles of iron ore in them
u dont even necessarily not to mine the soil!

God help us o abeg, undecided
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by matemate: 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2011
sell the company to someone.
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by Kanto: 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2011
Good for nigerians. Corruption has since been institutionalised making the nation a republic of thieves. But Nigerians deserve what they are getting because tribalism has blinded them to the extent that all they do is abuse each as they do on niaraland while the thieving leaders are busy looting every thing in site. In other countries, like egyp, tunisia etc the internet is used as a platform to mobilise against bad governance which led to the recent revolutions there, in nigeria the internet is used by scoundrels to pollute the space with abuses and tribalism. A people who ignore those who caused their problems and come to the internet to engage in abuses, slurs and tribalism will forever be ruled by thieves who will continue their destruction of nigeria untill there will be nothing left of the nation.
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by styles2009: 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2011
Call me crazy with this comment but all you need to do is think about what you going to read carefully!

An old uncle of mine told me back in the '90's that the British would never let Ajaokuta function to 99% capacity and i asked him why?  He added, If it does function to 99% capacity, no country in Africa would buy any steel product from Europe or America as (Countries) companies in Africa would find it almost 500% cheaper to buy any steel product from Nigeria and shipping them to any African countries would be faster and cheaper!

Imagine, how the Nigerian maritime industry would benefit from it? Those lazy militants would join the navy in no time for a stable income!

I never took his explanation serious but in the last 10 years, His explanation rings a bell everytime i think about it, Its just the real fact, any country's economy that would grow and provide Employment for it people must have a steel processing complex functioning to 100% capacity and to think of it, Nigeria got all the raw materials to make it effective all that was missing was just the Experts. (The Russians!)

When the Soviet union collapsed, the Nigerian government decided to abandon the project and the soviets handling the project would have completed it as it would help their economy in one way with the money being paid by the Nigerian government but the Imperialist and those Khaki boys working for them never wanted anything good for Nigeria.

Germany's got one of the best economy in the world with no natural resources but produce more cars than any other nation in the world , all they work with is Steel products, Russia produces Arms and ammunitions, which all got steel in it, Agricultural machineries all got steel in it, Industrial machines all got steel in it, 99% of all Robots making cars all got steel in it,  the list is endless.

If, GEJ could just do 2 things with his tenure: Get Ajaokuta steel complex working back with the Russians fixing it and also get a stable power supply to Nigeria, We would compete with China and the rest of them in a decade and GEJ would be remember for putting the Giant of Africa back on track.

But as a "Puppet" he's for the west voting a resolution to attack Libya, Do you think, His Imperialist masters would let him focus and complete this huge positive projects? NO!

Benefit of that steel complex working:
*Agricultural machineries would be produced in Large quantities and this would improve large scale farming and the price of Food stuff would drop drastically.
*Importation of Food like Rice,Sugar and Salt would reduce as the machineries used in processing them are constructed and used in Nigeria's farming industry.
*More infrastructure would be built such as Road,Hospitals,Universities etc as all building materials and machinery are available at low cost.
*Trade within Africa would improve as we (Nigeria) as a country could design large railway project to cover the entire African continent not just LAGOS.
*Other African Bother and Sister would look up to Nigeria as the real giant of Africa and also our improved Agriculture would help feed those Africans in East as they face drought problem yearly
*[b]USAID [/b]would be mad at us as we now police and take African countries as our brother's keeper cos their initial plans were to continuing giving them aids till they all end up debtors.

I hope you all get my message, i got no degree in this field but imagine a Nigerian,who got a degree in this field would write 1 or 2 books about the Importance of Ajaokuta steel complex.

Peace!
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by kellybaba(m): 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2011
ololufemi:

The fastest way to resolve the Ajaokuta dilemma is for nigeria to partner with the Chinese regarding that Steel Plant.

Though we know how the Chinese behave regarding their business models, I believe that Steel Plant will work if they are involved.

But due to corruption, Government will not do what is right.

Look at the Greenfield Refinery projects, the Chinese guys were ready only for Federal Government to shift the goalpost by ayear.

I recently heard that Patrici Etteh has been absolved of her alleged wrongdoings by the house.

What a parting gift and some called democracy.

Corruption still thrives in Naija (biig time).

Surely it will end one day.

Etteh was cleared by the corrupt House of Reps because her name is among the Nominees submitted to GEJ for Federal appointment,perhaps for Ambassadorial position(or even a Minister b/c i dnt trust these PDP goons)
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by Gaius67: 10:12am On Jun 05, 2011
Very true about the British thing.
The Problem with the Steel company is multi-faceted - Political, national, international, ethnic, ignorance, corruption etc.
If the Steel company is functional, the British steel industry will be down by over 50% because a lot of countries in Africa and beyond that look to them for steel will come to Nigeria, and you can bet how good the quality would be since we have all the raw materials needed in the country in abundance. There is hardly anywhere else in the world where a steel company will be located and all raw materials will be readily available like we have in Nigeria.
These western folks are smart too - do you think they will sit still and watch their industry do down
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by styles2009: 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2011
@Gaius67

Nigerians,Africans need to wake up to these facts, this is ,how they do in every sectors, Oil and Gas,Steel,Agriculture and the list goes on.

GEJ would be visiting the US on Wednesday but just for the US interest, i was thinking, why the US won't support the Niger-Delta rebels just like they did with the rebels from Benghazi.city,

If Ajaoukta steel complex works even to 80% capacity then Wahala dey for some Western Economies!
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by DaLover(m): 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2011
govt at all levels need to get out of business now, not a second later, now now now now, not a moment later, all businesses steel mills or plants, power generation, water, anything, everything, reduce government to ministries to regulations and monitoring and policy formulation etc, in nigeria govmt involvement has never been positive and it will never be, GEJ if this is the only system you can put in place in the next four years, things will take a major turn for the best,
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by blacksta(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
@styles

Please move away from conspiracy theories - Are you aware that their steel companies in South Africa - According to ideology No steel companies will be allowed to prosper in Africa. The Nigerian problem is simply down to Greed and Mismanagement - simple as abc
Re: Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel by styles2009: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
@Blackstar
My opinion wont change,its time you ought to look more inward and avoid all the CNN and biased media,which portray Africa bad.

I can't force you to agree on my "Fact or Theory" but its just,what it is

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Broke Down In Tears When I Got This Verymessage: / Blacks Made 'Inferior' By Their Habits, Not By Creation! / 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.