Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

You Don't Need Church To Be Rich, The Richest Person Is An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Don't Need Church To Be Rich, The Richest Person Is An Atheist (1579 Views)

Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Don't Need Church To Be Rich, The Richest Person Is An Atheist by anu3: 8:38am On Oct 24, 2021
Workch:
Your comments did not adreess why charlatans scam people in church and why you don't have to a be a Christian to be wealthy.

Don't preach to me else you will have to show me evidence for god

Okay... But not to argue or trouble you, though: you don't need to listen to me if you don't want to.

Well, I've personally stopped going to church for several years now, even though I strongly believe in fellowship of the body of Christ. But I realized common churches today are just like religious clubs or preaching centres; not of Jesus, but Men and the world. It's a waste of time going, especially if one loves the truth. Jesus said if the leader is blind he will lead others into the ditch (hellfire).

Concerning riches, well I don't believe what they say anymore, obviously. One's financial status has nothing to do with one's spirituality. We have rich and poor believers, just has there are white and black believers; the short and tall; the educated and uneducated ones. God gives the sun and rain to both the good and evil; what the evil can't get is heavenly blessings in heaven. That's it.

Please, ignore modern pastors of men/world. In the new testament, money is not a big or the main factor (it's quite in the old testament). As in check the apostles, they were not necessarily rich, and didn't become rich using their spiritual gifts, nor lived like celebrities as Common today. Even Paul worked with his own hands and didn't always collect gifts from true believers, let alone unbelievers. Peter said, 'silver and gold I have not... '. Jesus himself was a low-key carpenter, not a celebrity type.

Concerning God, well the only proof I have is His Word. Faith comes by hearing His word. No one can force anyone to believe and obey that. Even God doesn't Force anyone. Nobody forced me. I was lost in my own Sins, love of money and honour of people; ignoring God, etc. Then I almost died years ago; got terribly sick to the point of death. Nobody could help including doctors and their drugs. Then I started Repenting and asking Jesus to help. He did and that's why I seek to live for him now. I knew I was going to Hell.

I began to read the new testament for myself and listen to christlike preachers (not perfect, though), and God began to show me the lies of pastors even of best churches. How Money, Popularity and love of the world have blinded the eyes and hearts of many professing christians in great and small churches.

Matt.15.14 - Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch (Hellfire)."

Anyway, take care.
Re: You Don't Need Church To Be Rich, The Richest Person Is An Atheist by Adsexpert: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2021
Ynix:

The essence of being a Christian is not to be rich it is to be good, to be a shining light

You don't need religion to be good jare Mr man morals does not work with religion.. but ones self and discipline... Religion brings only chaos , anger , frustration , and division..
Re: You Don't Need Church To Be Rich, The Richest Person Is An Atheist by Ynix(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2021
Adsexpert:

You don't need religion to be good jare Mr man morals does not work with religion.. but ones self and discipline... Religion brings only chaos , anger , frustration , and division..
Did you notice that you are confused about what I wrote. It is not by force you agree with an idea or criticize it. If that is your belief stick to it, your definition about religion obviously will be different from mine
Re: You Don't Need Church To Be Rich, The Richest Person Is An Atheist by LordReed(m): 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
spartan117:
Stop talking like a fool. I'm a Christian and a programmer by profession, I use my brain to make money just like atheists in my profession do. God gave everyone five senses science is studied and understood by anyone who possesses those senses, it is not owned by anyone or by any religion.

It would also surprise you to note John D Rockefeller that the richest man to live in this modern era was a Christian.

To balance things up I would have to add that there is a spiritual aspect to wealth and riches. The billionaires know this, the politicians and celebrities also know this, whether they choose to tell you in public is left to them. But unfortunately I can't explain it to you because from what you posted here, it seems to be beyond your understanding.

Depends on what you mean by spiritual. If you mean supernatural providence then no there is nothing spiritual about it. If you mean a deeper understanding about the processes then sure there is spirituality but not any esoteric woowoo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Shocking Wonders Of Jehovah's Witnesses / Indoctrination As A Mechanism Of Psychological Manipulation In Religion / Sex Chapter Is In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.