Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help (14517 Views)

Akpabio writes National Assembly, denies saying lawmakers got NDDC contracts / Akpabio: 60% Of NDDC Contracts Are Awarded to National Assembly Members / Tompolo's 48th Birthday: Niger Deltans Celebrate In Grand Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by KEVIND: 7:02am On Oct 24, 2021
I experienced it, no NDDC contracts for N-Deltans without northerners’ help — Alaowei Bozimo

Alaowei Broderick Bozimo, elder statesman, was Minister of Police Affairs under President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration. In this interview, Bozimo speaks on issues bedeviling the peace and progress of Nigeria and Niger Delta among other issues in the polity. Excerpts:

The forensic audit of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, has been concluded with several Niger Deltans calling for the constitution of its substantive board with no response from Federal Government. What is your position?

I think every right-thinking Nigerian, especially Niger Deltans, appreciate the need for the forensic audit, the reason being that so many stories have been told about the inefficiency of the NDDC and how some Niger-Deltans fleeced the Board, and all the blames heaped on Niger-Deltans.

But, we know better, we know that a lot of the practices, the fraud and all things alleged to be happening there cannot be heaped on Niger-Deltans alone.

I know of the happenings in those days, if you wanted contract, you had to have connection with a northerner who will make things smooth for you. I saw it, I experienced it as a young legal practitioner.

Therefore, when President Muhammadu Buhari decided to investigate the board, we applauded the decision, but you know that everything in Nigeria is politics and, before you knew it, the investigation became skewed against our people.

It was another opportunity for Niger-Deltans, elders, youths and the progressives to be humiliated and disgraced so that there’ll be justification for the allegation that Niger-Deltans are not capable of managing their own affairs. It’s very regrettable, it’s a pity.

The media have been awash with all kinds of allegations against very prominent Niger-Deltans and I don’t want to mention names because if I do, you will say, “ah, what do you expect? Alaowei will always defend his people”.

But the truth of the matter is that there’s need for these investigations to be go with justice and truth so that people are not crucified unjustly.

I have read the report and the findings must be taken with a pinch of salt because it was hurriedly done as you know, the parameters were ill-defined.

If you want forensic auditing, you go for the best international auditors that would have handled it. It seems the thing was hurriedly done to serve certain interests. My take is that the NDDC should be re-audited to get the truth unveiled.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/i-experienced-it-no-nddc-contracts-for-n-deltans-without-northerners-help-alaowei-bozimo/?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by Nooel1: 7:08am On Oct 24, 2021
Nonsense.......
But youŕ people, Adakaboro8, RobbStark, General Ditari and co. are only interested in casting aspersions at Igbos in their Ogogoro joint while the fulanis in government are busy in their creeks diverting 70% of their crude oil proceeds to the north.

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by LLiKYekoba: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2021
Shebi una say na 'one nigeria' sweet pass? To chop from your oil wey dey your own backyard you go go northern desert go collect permission from migrant fulani proto-arab abokey. Ndi one nigeria. Tufia!

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by Lawlab249: 7:11am On Oct 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by benuejosh: 7:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Vanguard will directly or indirectly always make sure they bring up news and articles about the Buhari's government that will be discrediting in the eyes of the people. Buhari is a Northerner.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 24, 2021
Trash

So under OBJ and the Igbo man GEJ, you still need to know an aboki abi?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by Flyingngel(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2021
Niger Deltans are the problem of Niger Delta.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by GetMeRight: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2021
The only fact I know is that NDDC is for Niger Delta region and the staffers are Niger Delta people, the rest is bullshiiit

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by googlepikins: 7:33am On Oct 24, 2021
My uncle is battling with Northerners in Abuja cos his name is Niger Delta name they don't want to give him contract

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by Naijanascam: 7:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Even our own Oyel ...,..too bad

4 Likes

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by ivolt: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2021
Stupid lies.
I have seen the various audit reports of NDDC including the latest by Akpabio.
All the contracts are awarded to Niger Delta people including
senators, governors, godfathers and monarchs.
That is why nobody complains when the contracts aren't executed.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by slawormiir: 8:45am On Oct 24, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by Falseprofet2: 8:45am On Oct 24, 2021
wink

2 Likes

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by nairaman66(m): 8:46am On Oct 24, 2021
Northerners lead in corrupt practices!

Most NDDC monies stolen, are done in connivance of the north.

Most Federal agencies funds stolen are done in connivance with the north.

Most corrupt governors are northerners! Most corrupt people are from the north. But they always sing the religious melodies, no one notices!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by Odingo1: 8:47am On Oct 24, 2021
That is what they want, Niger Delta people prefer Northerner’s to own everything in their back yard. It gives them joy.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by carbony4red(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2021
Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by NoFucksToGive: 8:47am On Oct 24, 2021
THIS IS THE FUTURE WE IN THE NIGER DELTA LAID FOR OUSELVES?

WE OWN THE OIL YET WE HAVE TO BEG THESE ABOKI FOR OUR OWN RIGHT?

WHAT A LIFE!! IMAGINE A PRINCE ASKING THE BEGGAR TO ALLOW HIM RIDE HIS HORSE.. OOOH MY.. THE GREAT ADAKA BORO WILL BE TURNING IN HIS GRAVE

FOR MONEY OUR LEADERS SOLD US OUT TO THE FULANI AND YORUBA!! THEY OWN ALL OUR OIL WELLS.. ATEKE, DOKUBO, ETC THEIR DAYS WILL END IN TEARS

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by michlins(m): 8:48am On Oct 24, 2021
The reason you're blamed is because your people allowed foreigners to reap off your people. If that's not wickedness, I don't know what is

3 Likes

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by mrvitalis(m): 8:48am On Oct 24, 2021
Kwankwaso has far more influence in NDDC than Edwin Clark ...but because it's not igbos then its ok

If it was igbos that control Niger delta oil and invested zero naira in their region we won't hear word

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by magoo10(m): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2021
Las las all this nonsense must stop
Only time
Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by chriskosherbal(m): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2021
NIGER DELTA... home my home my home..let's see what the future holds with this latest development.

2 Likes

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by jojo1415: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Meet Emir of Sokoto for ur contracts grin

7 Likes

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by ATEAMS: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
grin
Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by discusant: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
OIL WELLS WORTH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN THE NIGER DELTA BELONG TO NORTH.

What else did you expect when the unwise men from the deep Nigerdelta area traveled to Kaduna in 1967 and begged the then governor of Northern region, Hassan Katsina, to beg then HoS, Yakubu Gowon, to carve the non-Igbo groups in the old Eastern region out of Biafra?
Gowon quickly created Rivers and Cross River state out from Biafra.

That helped to fail Biafra.

Shortly after, northern politicians and soldiers seized the oil wells worth billions of dollars in the deepNigerdelta. The area became polluted by oil exploration because northerners in charge of Nigeria are from far away, unaffected by the pollution.

Today’s paid elements from the region who chant: “we in the Niger Delta no be part of your Biafra” are on the beat of the unwise men of 1967.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by abobote: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
R
Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by Aslaz: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Nooel1:
Nonsense.......
But youŕ people, Adakaboro8, RobbStark, General Ditari and co. are only interested in casting aspersions at Igbos in their Ogogoro joint while the fulanis in government are busy in their creeks diverting 70% of their crude oil proceeds to the north.
Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by wink2015(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Flyingngel:
Niger Deltans are the problem of Niger Delta.

For example President Jonathan wasted southern opportunity

3 Likes

Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
NIGERIA
Re: Broderick Bozimo: No NDDC Contracts For Niger-Deltans Without Northerners’ Help by humilitypays(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Our oyel.

Igbos should leave Bayelsa for us angry

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VP Namadi Sambo Arrives At His Polling Unit In Kaduna [see Photos] / Igboho Denies Plan To Attack Alake Of Egbaland / Ex-Anambra Governor, Peter Obi Alleges Blackmail Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.