Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,092 members, 7,867,151 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Nation Of Indifference Altitude - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nation Of Indifference Altitude (220 Views)

Suffering Knows No Bounds: Ogun Roads Collapse Amidst Abiodun’s Indifference / APC May Lose Due To Tinubu’s Bloopers On Quran & Buhari’s Indifference - Jaafar / Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nation Of Indifference Altitude by yomiuk: 7:16am On Oct 24, 2021
Yesterday, someone sent me the pic of a kidnapped woman in Nigeria, and it got me thinking. Why will a human being think and carry out such atrocity towards another. Answer; indifference (I don’t care) attitude. Such person does not think of the impact on the victim or the consequence of being caught. Both will be detrimental to all parties involved.

Read another publication about the Papa Tai Solarin People’s bank saga in the early 90s. A very good community initiative to prevent and relief people of poverty at the grassroot. People defaulted on the loan repayment and all I could think of was people being indifferent. A family, community, organisation, or nation with people that are indifferent can never prosper.

In April 2022, there is going to be an increase of 1.25% of National insurance contributions in the UK. That is an extra £10.4 billion revenue for the government to spend. That’s nearly 50% of the police budget. There is a grumbling minority, but still, everyone will pay their fair share and enjoy the mutual benefits.

A US Citizen is subject to pay tax in the USA wherever they live in the world. They have a regulatory, compliance and administrative framework to put this process into effect. People murmur, but still pay their fair share because no one knows tomorrow. If they choose to move back when they retire, they reap the benefits. Reaping where they have sowed.

This altitude of indifference in Africa must go. Currently, Africa is reaping only 2% of the world revenue. Do you want to ask me why?
Indifference from the people and government

Peace. cool
Re: Nation Of Indifference Altitude by orisa37: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2021
NIGERIA HASN'T REACHED SODOM AND GOMORRAH STANDARDS. BY THE ONGOING PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS, GOD WILL HEAL NIGERIA IJN AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!
Re: Nation Of Indifference Altitude by yomiuk: 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
amen

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Prays For Peace In Nigeria: Let Us Join Him. / Recovery Mission: Imo Air And Associated Misappropriated Funds Needs To Be Recov / Restructuring: Devolve Powers To States, Akeredolu Urges FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.