Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence (9670 Views)

EXCLUSIVE! EFCC Storms Asaba To Arrest Tompolo - See Where He Is Hiding / EFCC Storms Abeokuta, Interrogates Ex-gov’s Allies / Ibori: Efcc Storms Two Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by bisiaet: 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
I am stiil a little bit confused as per this EFCC and Bankole issue because this 10 Billion of a things was said to be a Loan for the all the Reps. member for the so called Jumbo Pay am still confusing how now Bankole is the only one facing the wrath whereas all the rest Rep. that got the money pocket it and still smilling out there and hidding their faces. I am very skeptical as per all the whole thing.

Loan is different from Stealing or Looting though I may be wrong but I need more light into this to clarify is it Loan or Looting. And what was the Loan for and who and who got the package as we learnt it was jumbo pay?

The truth is if this Loan was for the Jumbo pay madness then both Bankole and all the Rep. that got part of the packages should vomit it rather than making a singular case and ends to no where, EFCC should go after all of them and get the money back if that is the right way to secure the cash back. This is just my own view.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by mdjo9(m): 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
tongue
I really find it irritating and annoyingly frustrating that We have chosen to live like this in this part of the world. We just cant stand for the truth and see it to the end.
I am not saying a I am any better but that I will do more if I was in his shoes,  its sad that we are far from the truth nor what the truths should be,  Viva Nigeria, long live Demo-crazy,  Up Bank-Ole.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by kasiem(m): 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
@bisiaet,
the thing is that the loan was consumed majorly by bankole which culminated to him being threatened with impeachment by fellow reps. And another thing is that any organisation that happens to get involved in any scandal, the head must be the target.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by COOLDK(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2011
mikeamas:

FOREX FORUM
This forum will show you where you can
get free forex class on DVD CD & forex
powerful software that will trade on
your behalf & start making money
for info visit:
http://www.fxtraderng4all..com/
Only a fool do say different thing. Talking about hot issue, Bankole drama, there u are spliting opasi. Hiss
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by prizecom(m): 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
Big boy big trouble.
www.prizecomputers.com
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Adejoro74: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2011
One Yoruba thief down, many more to follow. These people sef wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2011
Very funny comments going on here mainly by lot of uninformed people. . . . . . . let see how this play out by next week.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 03, 2011
One Yoruba thief down, many more to follow. These people sef

Another m.oronic person to be ignored. . . .
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Sike(m): 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
4ward:

Bros Bankole.FEAR NOT!!!!! U AR NOT D 1ST PERSON.If they can grab Bode,Ceciliah,Erastus,Asiwaju,Anty Iyabo and release them just turn urself in after 2wks ALL THE NOISE WILL BE OVER .
4ward:

Bros Bankole.FEAR NOT!!!!! U AR NOT D 1ST PERSON.If they can grab Bode,Ceciliah,Erastus,Asiwaju,Anty Iyabo and release them just turn urself in after 2wks ALL THE NOISE WILL BE OVER .
Chikena!!!
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Dozzy3(m): 12:09am On Jun 04, 2011
kasiem:

@bisiaet,
the thing is that the loan was consumed majorly by bankole which culminated to him being threatened with impeachment by fellow reps. And another thing is that any organisation that happens to get involved in any scandal, the head must be the target.

So with all this CBN gra-gra, bank still get liver dey give loan. I sure say Bankole no drop collateral.
Many heads suppose roll, as per no be only am dey this thing.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Ibime(m): 12:45am On Jun 04, 2011
Only in the jungle called Nigeria will the Chief of Police be begging a suspected criminal to turn himself in.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by aloyemeka1: 12:50am On Jun 04, 2011
we love to make up amount and claim that someone stole it. there is no way in hell bankole will steal up to $1bn. i am not saying that he is a saint but accusing him of stealing a ridiculous amount makes the efcc look ridiculous too.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by mkpologwu(m): 3:59am On Jun 04, 2011
The overall view today is that 'too many yrs of military rule is d bane of our growth as a nation in naija'. But d last time I checked, d military have been within their blocks since '99! Still where is d growth?
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by bioye(m): 5:14am On Jun 04, 2011
“The truth of the matter was that the executive session where the decision was taken to collapse all the money of the legislators was chaired by Nafada while Bankole was away in Ibadan.”

The source added that it was in the meeting that the lawmakers money was increased from N28 million to N42 million quarterly and when Bankole arrived and was informed he was not in support of it “because there was no fund to implement the decision.”

Consequently a 37- man committee with a member coming from each state and Abuja was set up and it was chaired by the Deputy Whip, Honourable Aminu Tambuwal.

It was the committee that recommended that the House leadership should go and borrow, according to our source.
Our source said further that all the money was paid directly into the account of all the legislators and “there are documents to back it up.”

Source:http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=34184
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by azeezbaba(m): 6:14am On Jun 04, 2011
@bioye, if your story is to be belived, why has bankole refused to go and explain that to the EFCC? I don't believe that nonsense. Where is the rule that you don't spend monies that have not been budgeted for? If they wanted an increment, they know how to go about it without going on borrowing spree. Your defence of bankole is flawed abeg
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 04, 2011
Ibime:

Only in the jungle called Nigeria will the Chief of Police be begging a suspected criminal to turn himself in.
please it hasn't reach to the extend of calling our dear country that! dont you know hat this will be here till you die then what do you expect ur children to say when they see this! pls lets leave that words to the whites whom have been calling us that.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by rebranded(m): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2011
[size=12pt][/size]

haha i laugh at Bank-ole grin The reason he didnt want to go was because he knows if EFCC carries you on a friday you dont get out until MONDAY. Smart dude doesnt want to be embarassed. .but not for long buddy cool

Stealing is a crime, you should have known that as a lawmaker lipsrsealed
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by akinwole21: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2011
Now I see the reason he moved out of his personal residence where he has been living for the past 3 years in Zone B, to D official qtrs of the Speaker, HOUR in Zone E,  NASS qtrs, Apo. The security around his personal house is porous while that of the official qtrs is bette.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by playboy19(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2011
rebranded:

[size=12pt][/size]

haha i laugh at Bank-ole grin The reason he didnt want to go was because he knows if EFCC carries you on a friday you dont get out until MONDAY. Smart dude doesnt want to be embarassed. .but not for long buddy cool

Stealing is a crime, you should have known that as a lawmaker lipsrsealed

heeheheh grin grin grin grin

Very funny, but still na lie. EFCC no be like police station, dem fit release you any day of the week, criminal, lol
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by kasiem(m): 10:14am On Jun 04, 2011
Toaskarity:

please it hasn't reach to the extend of calling our dear country that! dont you know hat this will be here till you die then what do you expect your children to say when they see this! pls lets leave that words to the whites whom have been calling us that.
i never knew that people of ur mindset existed on nl, thanks for ur patrotism. I dont understand why people like denigrating their country cos of corruption which is a universal thing. Since we've found ourselves in corrupt society, it's left for us to make ourselves heroes by devicing ways of eradicating the menace. Our fathers made themselves heroes by utilizing the situation they found themselves in.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by hooklover: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2011
wonders shall never end, was it not the bankole that was near sambo giving medals to footballers the day they played agerntina and was smilining there,

y did efcc not see him to arrest, abi na only me c am, so efcc went to the house to make noise when thry know say he will not be arround,

folks nigeria the more u c the less u understand,

Again so reps we send to move nigeria froward were more interested in loans for their pocket, instead of loans to solve power proble, eductaion and unemployement,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,u c y Only God can help us.

Bankole that i saw as a new breed of politicians, with good education, very outspoken , i believed that he was a nigerian future leader but he did not se beyone his nose and is caught in the mess and his political career is finished a disgrace to himself, and yoruba ppl

ANyim just reaped the resul of good name ,

i come to realise that a good name is better than riches and it always pays off,
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by bioye(m): 11:48am On Jun 04, 2011
Bankole - stepping on toes

I cannot say Bankole is perfect.  He probably could have done better.  But the very day he made the choice to be a politician, even if it was elsewhere in the world, he submitted himself to public scrutiny.

Bankole became Speaker 3 and half years ago against the wishes of the powers that be.  The previous Speaker Etteh was IMPEACHED!  The PDP leadership, Obasanjo in particular felt insulted.  Meanwhile, at home, in addition to Obasanjo, Gbenga Daniel the Governor felt threatened and launched media and impeachment campaigns against the young man.

When President Umaru Yar'adua became incapacitated, Bankole's loyalty was so strong that he was the last man standing to endorse Goodluck Jonathan to ascend the throne

Then some fellow legislators, Dino Melaye and co,  who were unable to loot as usual joined the ranks and became violent.  They were SUSPENDED!  UBA, the sole bank of the House of Reps refused to release House funds because they were owed some billions and the House leadership lost elections.  The House moved their account to First Bank!

Now as the Speaker leaves office, Obasanjo once again wants to impose Muraina on the House, Dame Patience Jonathan wants Mulikat while the House wants  Tambuwal.  The Speaker is believed to have support for Tambuwal and he backed the voting system that is widely believed to favour Tambuwal.

Meanwhile, the media has never been Bankole's friend because he does not fund corrupt journalism to launder his image like most politicians do.  So they jump at negative stories about him.  Also, Bankole's enemies are willing to outspend him in their media campaign.

All these because a young man who seemingly has no godfather has been able to break the jinx to become an emerging power in the new politics of Nigeria.  Bankole has been bold and refused to play politics as usual.  And he is being persecuted for that.

Bankole is not devoid of sin.  But let's lay all the facts right on the table without being overly biased.  At least he deserves that.  Bankole remains innocent until proven guilty.  Let's take a cue from the travails of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by jakesund(m): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2011
Ibime:

IG: bankole pls turn yourself in, i'm on my knees beggin

BANKOLE;:cool down chief i have to purchase my escape ticket to london

IG::alright but it'll cost ya

BANKOLE:: ok, i'll wire the cash to your bahamas account,

IG::alright have a nice trip ex-speaker

BANKOLE:: thats my boy

POLICEMEN OUTSIDE:: IG is bankole in there?

IG:: shut the hell up and return to you road-blocks, we're running low on#20
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by kobikwelu(m): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2011
^^^^^^

LWKeeMeD!!!

naija, we always find the lighter side of stuff

i love this country,
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by DisGuy: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
bioye:

Bankole is not devoid of sin.  But let's lay all the facts right on the table without being overly biased.  At least he deserves that.  Bankole remains innocent until proven guilty.  Let's take a cue from the travails of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Save us the agony, lay teh facts you know, we are not there

Let Bankole also lay the fact with the Authorities, all these Jesus cry doesn't help anyone.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by kellybaba(m): 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2011
Distinguished Rt.Hon Dimeji Bank-Ole (Nigeria's High Commissioner to the UN) 2011-2015.
Long Live Nigeria
Long Live GEJ
Long Live Fee-Dee-Fee
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by BigB11(m): 12:15am On Jun 05, 2011
This is a movie.

Again, we wouldn't be experiencing this ridiculous movie if Buhari was our president.

Something tells me that Bankole's case is going to end up like Iyabo OBJ or Kalu or Aborisade or Fani Kayode, all because these people are all from the same family.

What is going to happen in the next 100 days will say a lot about our future in Nigeria.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 05, 2011
Big B1:

This is a movie.

Again, we wouldn't be experiencing this ridiculous movie if[b] Buhari was our president.
[/b]
Something tells me that Bankole's case is going to end up like Iyabo OBJ or Kalu or Aborisade or Fani Kayode, all because these people are all from the same family.

What is going to happen in the next 100 days will say a lot about our future in Nigeria.
gbam
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by bioye(m): 9:18am On Jun 05, 2011
Dis Guy:

Save us the agony, lay teh facts you know, we are not there

Let Bankole also lay the fact with the Authorities

@Dis Guy.  Ok sir, thanks for asking.  Find the facts below:

Fact No. 1 - Purchase of Peugeot Cars
The House of Representatives, in December 2007 at an executive session presided over by Mr Bankole, approved the purchase of 380 units of Peugeot 407 cars; five for each of the 76 committees of the house at a total cost of two billion, three hundred and fifty six million, four hundred and eighty six thousand, five hundred naira only (N2,356,486,500) After the House bought the cars from Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Limited (PAN), allegations arose that the deal did not follow due process.

The EFCC’s findings appear to have confirmed that suspicion. The commission declared in its report, “the initial payment of one billion, four hundred and twenty five million naira (N1,425,000,000) is in breach of Section 38 of the Public Procurement act, 2007 which regulates all procurements by the Nigerian government.

The section stipulates a mobilisation fee of no more than 15 percent for local suppliers and contractors and 10 percent for foreign suppliers.

Source:http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5709298-146/story.csp

Response: Procurement procedures are under the purview Clerk and Management of the National Assembly.  The EFCC should be interrogating the Clerk.  The Speaker has no business pricing cars from vendors 
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by bioye(m): 9:31am On Jun 05, 2011
Fact No 2 - Purchase of Television Sets
After investigating the allegations, the EFCC found that as required by law, “none of the contract documentations were forwarded to the due process office of the Bureau for Public Procurement for Certificates-of-No-Objection”. The commission also found out that[b] “there was no procurement and planning committee for the award of these contracts”[/b].

Though several items were purchased for members of the House “allegedly at inflated prices”, the EFCC chose to report its findings (which indicted the House leadership) on only two of them: the supply of “three unit Mercedes Benz (S-600 cars) awarded to Wadatau Global Company, and the “supply of 125 units 40-inches Samsung LCD television awarded to Messrs Chiwarna Nigeria Ltd.”

On the Mercedez Benz cars, which were purchased for over N52 million per unit, the commission found that “there was no advert in any national daily as selective tender was used in deciding whom to supply.”

For the purchase of the television sets (at a unit price of N525,000), the commission found that the prices were inflated, saying “the open market price is N295,000 (Two hundred and ninety five thousand naira) as provided by Samsung showroom.

Source:http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5709298-146/story.csp

Response: Procurement procedures are under the purview Clerk and Management of the National Assembly.  The EFCC should be interrogating the Clerk and Management of the National Assembly not Bankole.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by bioye(m): 9:32am On Jun 05, 2011
Fact No 3 - Tambuwal as EFCC target
However, a source close to the developments surrounding the issue told Sunday Vanguard that many more individuals would be invited for interrogation as the investigations continue.

One of them, it has been discovered, is Tambuwal, who was said to have impressed it on the leadership of the House that there was need for an upward review of the running costs for members, which eventually led to the institution of the 37-member committee which approved the new rates.

Meanwhile, the issue took a twist at the weekend as Tambuwal [/b]and  another returning lawmaker, [b]Emeka Ihedioha,  headed to a Federal High Court in Abuja, praying it  to protect them from being arrested by the EFCC.

The duo, through a fundamental human rights enforcement application they filed before the High Court, alleged subterranean moves by some persons to implicate them in the loan saga with a view to stopping them from vying for the position of  speaker and deputy speaker of the  in the incoming legislature.

They alleged that the pressure being mounted on  Bankole by the anti-graft agency, was owing to his refusal to implicate them in the alleged loan scam, adding that they had continued to receive[b] threats and intimidation[/b] owing to their resolve to go ahead and contest for the said positions.

Source:[url=http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/how-reps-shared-controversial-n10bn/?utm_source:feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+vanguardngr%2FdIeb+%28Vanguard+News+Feed%29]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/how-reps-shared-controversial-n10bn/?utm_source:feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+vanguardngr%2FdIeb+%28Vanguard+News+Feed%29[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Describe Sanusi Lamido Sanusi In Your Own Words / INEC Will Soon Withdraw Certificate Of Return Issued To Omo-agege, Says Emerhor / Nigerian Govt Approves N52bn For Monitoring Of Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.