Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,144 members, 7,953,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:09 PM

RX300 Fault - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / RX300 Fault (532 Views)

Lexus RX300 High Fuel Consumption / Clean Tokunbo Lexus RX300 2003 Model For Sale @ 2.3m (price Negotiable) / Tokunbo Lexus RX300 2003 Model For Sale On Offer @ 2.3m!!! (price Negotiable) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RX300 Fault by OKOATA(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
I just got the silencer fixed yesterday and since then it has been behaving anyhow, I usually use about 2k fuel from sango to abule egba to and fro even with AC on, but I just noticed today that it was just using more fuel than usual, I bought about 7k fuel today alone to and fro from sango. I also noticed it will start and unless I accelerate before it moves, once I start the car like this it will just off instantly but once I add fuel it will start again. The fuel gage on my dash board don't work so I can't know the fuel limit. Although a bike man said it could be the injector. Any help would be welcome.
Re: RX300 Fault by Bannedidiot(f): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
OKOATA:
I just got the silencer fixed yesterday and since then it has been behaving anyhow, I usually use about 2k fuel from sango to abule egba to and fro even with AC on, but I just noticed today that it was just using more fuel than usual, I bought about 7k fuel today alone to and fro from sango. I also noticed it will start and unless I accelerate before it moves, once I start the car like this it will just off instantly but once I add fuel it will start again. The fuel gage on my dash board don't work so I can't know the fuel limit. Although a bike man said it could be the injector. Any help would be welcome.
check and see if you still have your catalytic converter, it seems likely to have been stolen.

1 Like

Re: RX300 Fault by Aanumi16: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
E be like say dem don cook your indomie ooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: RX300 Fault by OKOATA(m): 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bannedidiot:
check and see if you still have your catalytic converter, it seems likely to have been stolen.
Bought it Naija used, it was removed by the previous user and I ve using it for months now,, I just noticed it began after fixing the silencer yesterday.
Re: RX300 Fault by OKOATA(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2021
Yeah it started working fine by itself, mechanic found no fault and he says it's due to the water residue in the engine part. I remember driving through waters so it soaked into the engine but working fine now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accident Free Silver 2009 Toyotà Matrix + Alloy Wheels / SOLD 2013 Foreign Used Camry LE / M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.