Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,516 members, 7,847,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) (37476 Views)

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa / Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by BABANGBALI: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2021
samuel900:
u dey mad?
e pain am grin grin tongue
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by ramatintin(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Iyaebe:
So funny, cele na church?
na winners and mountain of fire be church Beribe
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by showafrica(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2021
Donkastrow:
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. SMH.

I don't really know if the stupidity in Africa is increasing or decreasing.
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Torosk1(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They see their founder, I see an angel doing reverse cowgirl.
Don't joke with your life

Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Szilard: 9:57am On Oct 25, 2021
KnownUnknown:
Before you criticize Cele, keep in mind that Christianity gained legitimacy through a similar episode.

After the death of the Western Emperor Constantius, there was a struggle for succession. Constantine was one of Constantius’ sons, and his father’s troops proclaimed him Emperor. But the rules of succession at the time were not clear. But, while Constantine was in Gaul with his father’s troops, there were other contenders for the throne in other parts of the empire. One of them was Maxentius, who had set himself up as ruler in Rome.

Constantine avoided an open challenge to Maxentius, but after repeated attempts by Maxentius to provoke Constantine, the latter marched toward Rome, defeating Maxentius in two battles on the plains of Italy. Finally, the two squared off on the banks of the Tiber River at the Battle of the Milvian Bridge. It is here, according to Eusebius of Caesarea and Lactantius, that Constantine had his vision.

Before this, Constantine was considering converting to Christianity, but was undecided. Here is the account for students in Memoria Press’ Famous Men of Rome:

One day, while he was in front of his tent with his offi cers and troops around him, he had a vision of an enormous cross of fire in the heavens. On one side of the cross were the words, in the Greek language: “By this, conquer.” The words are sometimes given in the Latin form In hoc signo vinces, the translation of which is “By this sign thou shalt conquer.”

Constantine was astonished at the wonderful vision, and he gazed at it until it faded away. He could not understand what it meant and was greatly troubled. But that night he dreamed that Christ appeared to him in robes of dazzling white, bearing a cross in his hands and that he promised Constantine victory over his enemies if he would make the cross his standard.

Constantine now declared himself a Christian and had a standard made in the form of a cross with a banner attached to it bearing the initial letters of the name of Christ. This banner was called the Labarum, and it was afterwards the standard of the Roman emperors.

https://classicallatin.org/exordium/constantines-vision-of-the-cross-this-day-in-312-a-d/

Okay, but I'm still trying to figure out how this relates to the Oshoffa issue? undecided
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Sleekfingers: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2021
TMSMedia:
Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder, Oshoffa, In The Sky (Photos, Video)

Celestial Church members burst out in worship as they claim to see their founder, Oshoffa, in the sky, IgbereTV reports.

The church members in the video say the cloud looks like Oshoffa and they are heard praying and hailing the God of Oshofa as they look into the sky.

"Daddy, come and see Oshoffa, he's in the sky," one person is heard saying in the video.

The Celestial Church of Christ (CCC) was founded by Samuel Bilewu Joseph Oshoffa 29 September 1947.

Oshoffa died on September 10, 1985.

https://www.facebook.com/1729959193999287/posts/3026226424372551/

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfzMAOD5mPc

The easiest ways to scam most nigerians . 1. Religions

2. Religions
3. Religions

They totally lose their sense of reasoning, when their clerics speaks .....I am talking about these useless religions , religions of slaves .... xtianity and Islam

1 Like

Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by yourshopkwikguy(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes na church and I'm proud to be a member

1 Like

Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by timefarm(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2021
post=107040544:
Hallelujah to the most High God.
Pa Oshoffa and Prophet Babalola,
These are God's Great Men of God in the time past.

This reminds us about the day the former passed on to glory..... just like yesterday.....

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.
The Day Joseph Ayo Babalola Died.
Eye witness account.....

Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola was the founder of Christ Apostolic Church (C.A.C) along side with Pastors J.B. Akinyele and D.O. Odubanjo. He was a notable minister of God before his death with spiritual gifts of healing and working of miracles. He was born on the 25 April 1904 and died on 26 July 1959.

Although he lived shortly (55 years) but he made a great impact in life and he will forever be remembered for the signs and wonders God did through him.

I read the story told by the late Prophet Samson Oladeji Akande (also known as Baba Abiye at Ede), in whose bedroom Apostle Babalola slept in the Lord on Sunday, July 26, 1959, about 58 years ago. In order to preserve the valuable information contained in that story as told by Baba Abiye, I had to republish the article that would be useful to so many people in the future, giving credit to him as the source. I believe the narrative will give you an hint on how the minister was called to glory.

Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola showed no sign of sickness until his unforeseen call to glory on Sunday, 26th July, 1959. On Friday 24th July, he returned to Ibadan to attend the general council’s meeting slated for that day. On Saturday morning, 25th July, Apostle Babalola conducted the morning prayer for ministers and members living within the parsonage of C.A.C. Olugbode, Ibadan, and prayed for everyone.

The same day (Saturday 25th July, 1959), he sent two of his followers, Michael and another fellow to me at Ede that I should prepare a place for him to sleep. I never knew he was talking of his final sleep. Apostle Ayo Babalola arrived Ede around 6:30 in the evening that Saturday and he was gladly received. Before his arrival, I had prepared my bedroom ready for him. We ensured that nobody was allowed to rush into the bedroom with him; for it was Apostle Babalola’s habit that he never turned away anybody who came to him for prayer and counselling, no matter how weary he might be. After prayer, I informed him that his meal was ready. He declined to take any meal but requested to be allowed to have some sleep, because he had been holding series of meetings since the past nine days with little or no rest. He woke up three hours later and took some tea and slept off again.

At 4a.m. on Sunday 26th, he woke up, took his bath, took some tea and had his morning meditation without any disturbance. At 6 o’clock, I went to him in the bedroom and he began to talk about a great convention which will soon be held at his hometown, Odo-Owa. He was speaking in parables, so I did not suspect that he was talking about his approaching death. He directed me to call in Prophet Babajide who was in the adjacent room. Both of us knelt down beside his bed and he began to narrate to us how he began his ministry. It was such a sublime experience. Both of us just listened; we did not utter a single word during the course of his narration.

After this, we knelt down for prayer. The three of us prayed. I took the lead. Prophet Babajide followed. When it was his turn to pray, he prayed for a very long time, praying for the church, the leaders and for us too. After the special service, people came to Apostle Babalola in my bedroom and bid him farewell before leaving for their various destinations with joy and humour. He bid everyone farewell and prayed for them. Nobody suspected through his speech or action that death was lurking in the corners. We left him alone to attend to those who were waiting to see him.

Meanwhile, Michael Osabi and Samuel Oluwatosin, the two young men who used to wait on him, remained with him as he took a nap. When he woke up, he called me and returned my covering-cloth to me. His action surprised me and I asked, “Baba, why are you doing this?” He replied, “A man should sleep with his own clothes.”

It failed to occur to me that he was speaking of his close to occur death. He advised me to go and have some sleep myself. By then, everybody else had gone to church for the evening service. Around 5p.m. as he lay on the bed, Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola breathed heavily three times, saying after, “in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” His breathing was like the rumbling of a rain-storm and there was a great vibration in the bedroom. As this was happening, his personal attendants (Michael and Samuel) ran to call me to his bedside before he gave up the ghost. We began to pray and quickly sent for the church leaders who had gone to church for the evening service. We all prayed for his restoration. But while this prayer was on, the Lord opened my spiritual eyes to see what was happening in the heavenlies. The heavenly hosts had come to meet this great prophet and joyfully admitted him into the glory above. He had laid down his sword at Jesus’ feet. So he could not return to earth again.
Apostle Babalola’s corpse was arranged and taken EFON ALAAYE that same night by the church leaders and the elders who were present

Thank you so much for the compliment.
God bless you and yours also.
May God's blessing follow you all the rest of your life.
Have a blessed Week ahead sir.

We are are glad this makes you happy.
It shows in your comment how excited you are.
We all learn everyday.
God bless the Man of God.
God bless you.
Have a blessed Week ahead.

What is really your problem you this boy?

It is not only you that knows about Apostle Babalola. Only that others are sensible to stick to the topic of discussion.

The point you are raising does not shed more light to the topic in question.
Be reasonable bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by pacespot(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2021
Anything to roger on their idiocy is welcome-able grin
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by seyz91(m): 10:43am On Oct 25, 2021
cheesy
mariahAngel:
Delusions as a result of too much fasting. sad
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by seyz91(m): 10:44am On Oct 25, 2021
They see their Oshofa while i hear Brainwashed Idiots talking in the video
TMSMedia:
Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder, Oshoffa, In The Sky (Photos, Video)

Celestial Church members burst out in worship as they claim to see their founder, Oshoffa, in the sky, IgbereTV reports.

The church members in the video say the cloud looks like Oshoffa and they are heard praying and hailing the God of Oshofa as they look into the sky.

"Daddy, come and see Oshoffa, he's in the sky," one person is heard saying in the video.

The Celestial Church of Christ (CCC) was founded by Samuel Bilewu Joseph Oshoffa 29 September 1947.

See video below.

Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by planetx: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2021
After his death and at the funeral. The cele members at the funeral, started singing and shouting looking at the sky as the sun and moon where both out at midday claiming that was a miracle. But i see the sun and moon out together even in midday nowadays.
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Simba00007(m): 10:52am On Oct 25, 2021
MufasaLion:

Absolutely not. I just hate fanatics. I like liberals. Don't judge me and I won't judge you with your skirt.
simba says hi wink
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Hier(m): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They see their founder, I see an angel doing reverse cowgirl.

SMH
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2021
They always scamming people
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Aganju849: 11:13am On Oct 25, 2021
TMSMedia:

See video below.

Any nation that has as many stupid people as Nigeria has, can never make progress till the end of the world.

1 Like

Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by mariahAngel(f): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Munzy14:

Lmaoo.. grin

So fasting messes one's psychology?

You're asking? cheesy
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by dreyboard(m): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2021
Wonder shall never end in this country grin
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Munzy14(m): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

You're asking? cheesy
By aguru na.. grin

Onye aguru ji aka, na ahu kari double double..cheesy
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by studentwriter(m): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2021
mariahAngel:
Delusions as a result of too much fasting. sad
shut up atheist
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by mariahAngel(f): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2021
Munzy14:

By aguru na.. grin

Onye aguru ji aka, na ahu kari double double..cheesy

Tukwasa ya dehydration. Hehehehehehehehrhehe grin
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Temyj4real(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2021
Thanks so much for sharing this story. I actually know about the story because baba Obadare shared similar story during ones of the monthly crusades "Koseunti" back then in Akure. Apostle Ayo Babalola was like Elijah in the Bible. I wish our pastors nowadays, can emulate people like him, baba Benson Idahosa, Prophet SBJ Oshoffa, Prophet Moses Orimolade, and even Pa Akindayomi. These were great men of God. Even government tremble whenever they speak.

post=107040544:
Hallelujah to the most High God.
Pa Oshoffa and Prophet Babalola,
These are God's Great Men of God in the time past.

This reminds us about the day the former passed on to glory..... just like yesterday.....

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.
The Day Joseph Ayo Babalola Died.
Eye witness account.....

Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola was the founder of Christ Apostolic Church (C.A.C) along side with Pastors J.B. Akinyele and D.O. Odubanjo. He was a notable minister of God before his death with spiritual gifts of healing and working of miracles. He was born on the 25 April 1904 and died on 26 July 1959.

Although he lived shortly (55 years) but he made a great impact in life and he will forever be remembered for the signs and wonders God did through him.

I read the story told by the late Prophet Samson Oladeji Akande (also known as Baba Abiye at Ede), in whose bedroom Apostle Babalola slept in the Lord on Sunday, July 26, 1959, about 58 years ago. In order to preserve the valuable information contained in that story as told by Baba Abiye, I had to republish the article that would be useful to so many people in the future, giving credit to him as the source. I believe the narrative will give you an hint on how the minister was called to glory.

Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola showed no sign of sickness until his unforeseen call to glory on Sunday, 26th July, 1959. On Friday 24th July, he returned to Ibadan to attend the general council’s meeting slated for that day. On Saturday morning, 25th July, Apostle Babalola conducted the morning prayer for ministers and members living within the parsonage of C.A.C. Olugbode, Ibadan, and prayed for everyone.

The same day (Saturday 25th July, 1959), he sent two of his followers, Michael and another fellow to me at Ede that I should prepare a place for him to sleep. I never knew he was talking of his final sleep. Apostle Ayo Babalola arrived Ede around 6:30 in the evening that Saturday and he was gladly received. Before his arrival, I had prepared my bedroom ready for him. We ensured that nobody was allowed to rush into the bedroom with him; for it was Apostle Babalola’s habit that he never turned away anybody who came to him for prayer and counselling, no matter how weary he might be. After prayer, I informed him that his meal was ready. He declined to take any meal but requested to be allowed to have some sleep, because he had been holding series of meetings since the past nine days with little or no rest. He woke up three hours later and took some tea and slept off again.

At 4a.m. on Sunday 26th, he woke up, took his bath, took some tea and had his morning meditation without any disturbance. At 6 o’clock, I went to him in the bedroom and he began to talk about a great convention which will soon be held at his hometown, Odo-Owa. He was speaking in parables, so I did not suspect that he was talking about his approaching death. He directed me to call in Prophet Babajide who was in the adjacent room. Both of us knelt down beside his bed and he began to narrate to us how he began his ministry. It was such a sublime experience. Both of us just listened; we did not utter a single word during the course of his narration.

After this, we knelt down for prayer. The three of us prayed. I took the lead. Prophet Babajide followed. When it was his turn to pray, he prayed for a very long time, praying for the church, the leaders and for us too. After the special service, people came to Apostle Babalola in my bedroom and bid him farewell before leaving for their various destinations with joy and humour. He bid everyone farewell and prayed for them. Nobody suspected through his speech or action that death was lurking in the corners. We left him alone to attend to those who were waiting to see him.

Meanwhile, Michael Osabi and Samuel Oluwatosin, the two young men who used to wait on him, remained with him as he took a nap. When he woke up, he called me and returned my covering-cloth to me. His action surprised me and I asked, “Baba, why are you doing this?” He replied, “A man should sleep with his own clothes.”

It failed to occur to me that he was speaking of his close to occur death. He advised me to go and have some sleep myself. By then, everybody else had gone to church for the evening service. Around 5p.m. as he lay on the bed, Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola breathed heavily three times, saying after, “in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” His breathing was like the rumbling of a rain-storm and there was a great vibration in the bedroom. As this was happening, his personal attendants (Michael and Samuel) ran to call me to his bedside before he gave up the ghost. We began to pray and quickly sent for the church leaders who had gone to church for the evening service. We all prayed for his restoration. But while this prayer was on, the Lord opened my spiritual eyes to see what was happening in the heavenlies. The heavenly hosts had come to meet this great prophet and joyfully admitted him into the glory above. He had laid down his sword at Jesus’ feet. So he could not return to earth again.
Apostle Babalola’s corpse was arranged and taken EFON ALAAYE that same night by the church leaders and the elders who were present

Thank you so much for the compliment.
God bless you and yours also.
May God's blessing follow you all the rest of your life.
Have a blessed Week ahead sir.

We are are glad this makes you happy.
It shows in your comment how excited you are.
We all learn everyday.
God bless the Man of God.
God bless you.
Have a blessed Week ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Munzy14(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

Tukwasa ya dehydration. Hehehehehehehehrhehe grin
grin grin
Ike gwuru o..

O nwere my relative na ebu kari fasting n'isi...O nwere church ya..Mgbe o wula followers ya na akpo ya mummy ha...Gi ihu ya, ya atagara gba cha uka n'anya... lipsrsealed

Nwaanyi for that matter o...Kwesiri i di uto n'anya.
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Testimony1988(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2021
Hmmmm.
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by collarfreak(m): 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2021
Iyaebe:
LEAVE OUR CHURCH ALONE Spiritual Work is highly Biblical and Scriptural. If you don't know,

It is part and parcel of the foundation and operations of God in CCC. If you don't believe in it, you have the liberty to drive yourself out of the Celestial Church of Christ.

Spiritual Work is a divine heritage for us in CCC. Stop talking about what you have no clear understanding and knowledge. Anything of the Spirit is called Spiritual.

Enough of condemnation from all these new generations of "I know more than Jesus" brethren. Enough from all these ones that the letters of 21st Century belief and teachings are killing.

If you think Celestial Church of Christ is too archaic,dirty and ritualistic, go out and establish your own Church with your doctrines. Nobody is stopping you.

Because you know the letters from Genesis to Revelation, all you can now see and discuss about this precious Church is evil. Besides,who made you a judge over this Holy Church? Why destroying yourself unjustly? You feel you can talk,hence CCC must always remain your topic of discussion?

Let our Church be as divinely established! If CCC ceases to be, surely, there will be a vacuum in the world.

No one is disputing the excesses and the gaps, but always be reminded that,"Ninu ikoko dudu Ijo yi, èko funfun igbala n jade fun egbelegbe eniyan." Nothing manned by sons of men can remain faultless. Only God has no flaws. There is no bad in God and there is no good in satan.

With or without you, "Ijo yi ni yoo we aye mo".

Stop your Criticism, Condemnation and Crucifixion of this holy Church. Only a bustard keeps making an open ridicule of his parents. If all you care about is how to attack and subtly abuse the tenets, doctrines and divine injunctions of this church, you better reconsider.

Booda oni degree, Booda oloyinbo, Aunty to posh, Aunty to ti laju, biko leave our Church alone. Go and preach Jesus. Have you preached all sermons in the Holy Writ and to all the ends of the world? Never ever make this Holy Church your sermon topic again,if you have nothing positive to say about the Holy Church.

If your spiritual eyes are blind and your spirit man is dead, nothing can stop the GRACE OF JESUS CHRIST from abiding in this Church.

CCC does not cross path with any denomination neither have you read where CCC borrowed or copied anything from any religion or denomination. God finished everything about the Church before it was descended through the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

Stop wasting your life in trying to bring this Church down. Stop disturbing yourself about CCC matters. Has God ever complained about this Church or reported this Church to you once? You are not God. Stop playing the role of God when it comes to CCC matters and issues.

This is CELESTIAL CHURCH OF CHRIST. IJO MIMO TI KRISTI LATI ORUN WA.

Leave our Church alone. We love our Church,irrespective of the inadequacies.
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by akdjr(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
There was a day too I saw my late great grand father in the sky but no phone to snap him
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by ThinkSmarter: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hallucinations, Same way way we interpret the patch on the moon to be that of a woman chopping firewood with baby tied to her back when we were children #lol
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by Akharmony: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
A good prophet or muslim astrologer will understand the message behind this appearing not for children..
Re: Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) by bayelsaowei(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Iyaebe:
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Former Pope Benedict Is Seriously Ill / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.