Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Five Star Wahala! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Five Star Wahala! (312 Views)

First Bank Wahala / Vpn And Its Wahala!!! / Gift Card Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Star Wahala! by Chimonie(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
A young man sent a message to his 'guy' and asked him to like his business page. The friend saw the link and quickly went to the page and gave him a 3star. Now bear in mind that no services was rendered, this was just given on a friendship level believing that 3star is also cool.
The young man got back to his friend and asked why he gave him a 3star and not a 5star. The friend replied that he gave him 3star on his own volition bearing in mind that he hasn't used their services before and wont want to deceive people so he gave him what he thinks is fair.

The young man said he should have ignored the request rather than give him 3star. The friend argued that he didn't specify that he needed nothing but a 5star but since he has already given him a 3star that the young man can ask nicely in other to get the 5star. The young man claimed he will not beg him to give him a 5star, that it's either he gives him the 5star or forget about it.

What do you think?
Re: Five Star Wahala! by whisp3r(m): 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
A true friend would have given him 5 star rating even without using his services.

You have no idea how hurt the friend that received the 3 star rating is.

If it were me, I will never forget it

1 Like

Re: Five Star Wahala! by iffehayi(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
I actually think that the valuation made by the friend is fair, but if it were to be me I won't even rate him at all except we do business. You have a duty to your friend but have the same duty to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Five Star Wahala! by Chimonie(m): 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
whisp3r:
A true friend would have given him 5 star rating even without using his services.

You have no idea how hurt the friend that received the 3 star rating is.

If it were me, I will never forget it

If your friend comes to you and ask you to give him money and you give him 30k then he complains that you should have given him 50k. How would u feel?
Re: Five Star Wahala! by whisp3r(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
Chimonie:

If your friend comes to you and ask you to give him money and you give him 30k then he complains that you should have given him 50k. How would u feel?

That's the thing. He only asked you to like his business page. You went ahead and gave him a 3-star rating for a service you haven't even used. If you didn't want to give him a 5-star rating because you haven't used his service, you would have simply liked the page and moved on.

You don't seem to understand the negative impact your rating will have on his business. It's a new page, when someone who wants to use his service sees a 3-star rating average, they'll have a second thought.

I believe the right thing would have been to simply like the page as requested and move on. No point in giving him any ratings at all.
Re: Five Star Wahala! by Chimonie(m): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2021
Your reply shows you don't understand what am talking about. If you do, you would have known that liking his page can only be done by rating him. Moreover,3stars is not a bad rating neither did he specify that he needed nothing but a 5star rating. May I also inform you that corruption is giving a 5star rating for a service you have not used. It is only in Naija that we tolerate such.
whisp3r:

That's the thing. He only asked you to like his business page. You went ahead and gave him a 3-star rating for a service you haven't even used. If you didn't want to give him a 5-star rating because you haven't used his service, you would have simply liked the page and moved on.

You don't seem to understand the negative impact your rating will have on his business. It's a new page, when someone who wants to use his service sees a 3-star rating average, they'll have a second thought.

I believe the right thing would have been to simply like the page as requested and move on. No point in giving him any ratings at all.
Re: Five Star Wahala! by YModulosGodSon: 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
Chimonie:
Your reply shows you don't understand what am talking about. If you do, you would have known that liking his page can only be done by rating him. Moreover,3stars is not a bad rating neither did he specify that he needed nothing but a 5star rating. May I also inform you that corruption is giving a 5star rating for a service you have not used. It is only in Naija that we tolerate such.

Hi. A 3-star is not good for business; either as a feedback or as a reference/recommendation, especially when there is no review to state why you're not giving a 5 star.

I'd prefer you not rating my business on a public page to you giving me anything less than a 4-star with a review stating why you're holding back one star....

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oneplus 8t 12gb/256 / Premium Quality Nigeria Parboiled Rice 50kg Price: #23,000 / Macbook Air 2019 I5 8gb Ram 255gb -340k ****sold****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.