Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement (20140 Views)

States Owing Salaries As At July 31, 2022 / Buratai, Olonisakin, Ex-Service Chiefs To Forfeit Salaries As Ambassadors / Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by DECLAN2015(m): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Ebonyi is the most poorest state in Southern Nigeria.

So you feel all the roads in Ogun are terrible... You're not smart bro.

No state in the South East is as viable as Ogun state in terms of IGR and availability of jobs and even the standard of living.

Abakaliki itself is a glorified village. When person comot abakaliki, the poverty level outside the state capital is scary.

It was so hard for me to see a Yoruba man in abakaliki, I didn't see a single Yoruba man throughout my stay in Abakaliki and other part of the poverty ravage Ebonyi state.

Go Shagamu, Ijebu ode, ijebu Igbo, Abeokuta, Ota, Sango, magboro and other parts of Ogun state, you will see Igbos in large numbers.

I wonder what a sensible omoluabi wanted to go and do in those places even when their people are running away

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by realestate99: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

So you feel all the roads in Ogun are terrible... You're not smart bro.

No state in the South East is as viable as Ogun state in terms of IGR and availability of jobs and even the standard of living.

Abakaliki itself is a glorified village. When person comot abakaliki, the poverty level outside the state capital is scary.

It was so hard for me to see a Yoruba man in abakaliki, I didn't see a single Yoruba man throughout my stay in Abakaliki and other part of the poverty ravage Ebonyi state.

Go Shagamu, Ijebu ode, ijebu Igbo, Abeokuta, Ota, Sango, magboro and other parts of Ogun state, you will see Igbos in large numbers.
no mind that guy.
let him make himself happy, don't let us be an obstacle to ipobians internally generated happiness, they love to deceive themselves a lot.

our people would say

A man on rags that is rejoicing because it is dark will soon meet reality when light comes in the morning.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Cognitivereason: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

Ogun with swamps called roads? I judge viability with a lot of metrics most importantly standard of living.

You can’t even wear a white shirt in Ogun!

1 Like

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by CrystalSpark(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
realestate99:

lol, these people again,
The whole east should be merged into one honestly, Ebonyi,IMO, Enugu are all civil service states, Anambra is good but according to this report it can't stand on its own same with Abia.

The Ogun state you castigate has an internally generated revenue that will dwarf your state unless you are not an ipobian

you ought to be a comedian, you judge with metrics, I guess your metrics are sourced from Ipob bureau of statistics

You’ve lost the right to a mature debate.

2 Likes

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Ojayk(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
Elections are close by,
Cashout deals by various stakeholders in authority are being finalised and implemented as no one is certain if his/her interest will be protected by the next administration.

The right time for cashing out is now.

1 Like

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by realestate99: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

You’ve lost the right to a mature debate.
Matured debate is alien to an ipobian.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by SmartPolician: 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
DOTian:
I have a question oo..

My question is this:
Are states created just to pay salaries?
I mean whenever we are talking about the economic abilities of Nigerias states, nobody talks about their inabilities in the areas of provision of power, water, transport services, housing, training of their citizens, hospitals, quality parks and hospitals and markets and...

What we talk about is the payment of salaries!
I mean some inebriated military officers sat in their officers mess over bowls of nkwobi and hot stout, then decided to create states whimsically, just to provide salaried jobs for all sorts of political turncoats, village henchmen and mercenary hirelings? These strange people will then be crammed into a dead civil service, where they will visit the office every month end just to collect salaries.., and even after they retire, they will be on state pensions.

Essentially states were created in Nigeria as the platform toes tribute Niger Delta oil to the rank and file? Since no state has been able to showcase any sort of inventive leadership for years now. Again why do the the federal government destribute oil proceeds to all states in the federation? When are we going to start getting our fair share from Cocoa sales and the bountiful earnings from Kano groundnut pyramids?

The answer to your question is that Nigeria lacks fairness, justice and equity. States were created to create jobs for lazy lots who don't care about what they contribute to the growth of the state. Like you identified, they just want to earn salaries and pensions.

Nigeria is not a serious country and any day you demand accountability from civil servants, like we have seen in Kaduna State, you will have the entire system to wrestle with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
When the alert enter for Ned side.....Regina go first go Gaga Lolz one nice fast car for the bimbo straightttt
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by khk01: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Buhari.. The worst mistake Nigerians ever made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by bayelsaowei(m): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
post=107047143:
2021 fiscal performance ranking others claiming high IGR has nothing to offer except propaganda
bayelsa is so useless...my state is useless...we should be radical in building modular refineries, expanding the aquatic sector to build revenue from sales of marine products, strengthen tourism and establish a state owned oil and producing company etc...but what do we have..black goats who know zilch about governance...

I feel so bad about bayelsa state...

cry

1 Like

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Chigorkizz(m): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
If u be Giant,

You be Giant for your pocket.

If you only fight for your pocket.
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by SUCCEED001(m): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
The workers will now bear the brunt.
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by henryobinna(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by henryobinna(m): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:
The entire country is running on a budget deficit. With no bias to any tribe whatsoever, it is my opinion that the creation of 36 states was unnecessary. A lot of states in the north should be merged.

The entire south east region, in all fairness, should be merged into its 3 most productive states; Anambra, Imo, and Ebonyi.

It seems only Lagos and Oyo exist in the south west. In the south south, Cross River State has lost the right to standalone and should promptly be merged with Akwa-Ibom.

Most importantly, any Nigerian President who has the balls should implement the CONFAB report full-time. Any state wey no fit survive make everybody there go die!!!
And the north that is basically shadow states be left as is?

To be honest you don't even know what you're talking about. Which one is most productive state in the East, if you know nothing about the East, just close your mouth.

Omo! Eeehn.

VAT should be collected by states, let any struggling state continue to struggle, this would give governors the motivation to improve their states. Only very few states say 5 or so can survive on their own without VAT we can't continue like this forever. Furthermore, stupid expenditures must be stopped. They must be stopped.
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by officialfoodie: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
“That means as far as the federal government is concerned, the court case is immaterial. They don’t care about the judiciary. It’s improper,” he said.

Any surprises here? No.
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Spherical77(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

Ogun with swamps called roads? I judge viability with a lot of metrics most importantly standard of living.

Bro Ogun state road is nothing to write home about but no state in South East and most northern state can match up with the state in terms of IGR, employability, standard of living et al

This has nothing to do with tribe nor ethnicity

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Qtrpst4: 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
How old are you boy?
Look at how you just dey shit every where claiming to be making comments. Can you for once make a reasonable and logical statement?
Tufia

realestate99:
Matured debate is alien to an ipobian.
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by realestate99: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
Qtrpst4:
How old are you boy?
Look at how you just dey shit every where claiming to be making comments. Can you for once make a reasonable and logical statement?
Tufia

Another condemned dwarf spotted, your brain is not modelled to recognise a logical statement you yearn for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by OVB123: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

So you feel all the roads in Ogun are terrible?You're not smart bro.

Abakaliki itself is a glorified village. When person comot Abakaliki, the poverty level outside the state capital is scary.

It was so hard for me to see a Yoruba man in abakaliki. I didn't see a single Yoruba man throughout my stay in Abakaliki and other part of the poverty ravage Ebonyi state.

U are right my bro, that state needs deliverance.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by biggie73(m): 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
To me, there's only 3 states in Nigeria. The remaining 33 are just local government areas.

1 Like

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Ekugbeh(m): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Humanbeing1st:
Pls I need a loan of 20-50,000 naira my location is kwara state and I want to invest the money on my charcoal productions bussiness and I'm ready for any verification process
jus dat amount
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ekugbeh:
jus dat amount
yes sir
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by wink2015(m): 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ned Nwoko dey watch all of una.
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by NigeriaIsGreat: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:
The entire country is running on a budget deficit. With no bias to any tribe whatsoever, it is my opinion that the creation of 36 states was unnecessary. A lot of states in the north should be merged.

The entire south east region, in all fairness, should be merged into its 3 most productive states; Anambra, Imo, and Ebonyi.

,,It seems only Lagos and Oyo exist in the south west. In the south south, Cross River State has lost the right to standalone and should promptly be r weswith Akwa-Ibom.
Most importantly, any Nigerian President who hathe balls should implement the CONFAB report full-time. Any state wey no fit survive make everybody there go die!!!
Guy, Ogun state road bad but the whole Eastern state no reach am half.. Anambra is the only sensible state in east the rest na crap wink

Lagos, Ogun and OYO state are the most viable state down West
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by achi4u(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

So you feel all the roads in Ogun are terrible?You're not smart bro.

Abakaliki itself is a glorified village. When person comot Abakaliki, the poverty level outside the state capital is scary.

It was so hard for me to see a Yoruba man in abakaliki. I didn't see a single Yoruba man throughout my stay in Abakaliki and other part of the poverty ravage Ebonyi state.

Oga dustbin landlord ur area is very doom with dirty everywhere, in Abakaliki u feel like coming back.
As for the topic, I'm either here nor there.
Just watching.

1 Like

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by matm: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
If I may ask,what happened to Nigeria's oil money,taxes,revenue generation etc?So our country n longer has money or what
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
achi4u:
Oga dustbin landlord ur area is very doom with dirty everywhere, in Abakaliki u feel like coming back.
As for the topic, I'm either here nor there.
Just watching.
Lol

You're pained boy grin

Abakaliki is a glorified village. Nothing you say will change the facts on ground

1 Like

Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by einsteine(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
So Malami wants to debit states to credit Ned Nwoko and others. Nigeria, their Nigeria.
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by perryy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

You are correct bro. I live in igun state not far from Lagos self but you can't drive car, okada always dirty , palm slippers is a no no. Tie your palm slippers to the okada , wear bathroom slippers and wear your palm on getting to your location. Ogon should be divided between oyo and Lagos. Ogun is a dead state. All my investment is gone due to bad road. Na to sell off my house and leave remain now.
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by godisshit(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
The incompetence and unintelligence of your lord and saviour in Abuja continues to be exposed every day.

DubaiLandLord1:
Nigeria nah one of the few country in the world, where payment of salaries and pension is not seen as a big deal
Re: 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement by BreakingNews21: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
"Payment of salaries by about 33 states of the federation is uncertain as the decision of the federal government to debit local government accounts in commencement of a payment of $418 million (N172 billion) to private consultants on Paris Cub refund has pitched states and local governments against it (FG)."

See how this mumu journalist failed to proofread his article and name the private consultants or their locale. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Debate Dies A Sudden Death / Governor Ademola Adeleke Campaigns With Pdp Candidate In Egbedore LG (pictures) / Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.