Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O (447 Views)

FG Should Just Bow Down And Beg Ipob This Propaganda Is Not Working. / South East Govs BEG IPOB, MASSOB: Give us six months to negotiate with FG / Four Feared Dead In Kogi Stampede For Palliatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O by Mybrotheralso: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
bia transporters are begging IPOB for palliatives to ease the economic hardship they are going through, claiming that they lose millions of naira because of the weekly sit-at-home order in the South-East.

“This frequent sit-at-home is affecting us because we can’t operate if we don’t see passengers. Most of our members have their vehicles on hire purchase, which means that we must work every day to meet the target,” said the chairman of Abia State Drivers’ Welfare Union, Henry Okezie. “We are appealing to the enforcers of this exercise to give us some palliatives to cushion the effect.”

They said on Monday that the order had made life difficult for them and that the palliatives would cushion the lockdown effect.

The transporters complained that the transport sector was the worst hit by the directive. According to them, drivers are targets of violent attacks with their vehicles vandalised and that passengers hardly come out of their homes for fear of attacks.

Prominent figures and residents in the five states of the South-East have also complained about the sit-at-home order of the proscribed separatist group.

Residents expressed worry that the weekly exercise would cripple the socio-economic activities in the region.

Mr Okezie added, “We have over 200 members at this Isigate Park in Umuahia whose buses are operating on Umuahia-Ikwuano and Umuahia-Ubakala routes. Each of us makes a minimum of N10,000 daily. So any day we don’t work, we lose over N2 million on average.”

He further stated that they would continue to comply with the directive because some of their vehicles were damaged while some passengers were injured when they flouted it.

Also, a driver on the Umuahia-Aba route, Kingsley Chijindu, said the passengers were still afraid to come out, despite the purported suspension of the weekly sit-at-home.

“Passengers are scarce on Mondays because they are afraid of being attacked on the road. The sit-at-home is even worse in Aba than Umuahia. So I have decided to take Monday as my day of rest till further notice,” Mr Chijindu explained. “We need help either from IPOB or the government to cover up the monetary loss because we cannot continue like this.”

On his part, Victor Rowland, who operates on the Umuahia-Ohafia route, said he was okay with the order, saying it allows him to stay with his family.

“Initially, I was worried considering how much I was losing every week. But I’m okay with it now because I now have time to be with my children,” he said.

However, Mr Rowland urged the enforcers to consider an alternative not to destroy the people they claim they are trying to protect.

(NAN)
https://gazettengr.com/abia-transporters-beg-ipob-for-palliatives-claim-millions-lost-to-sit-at-home-order/
Re: Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O by ivolt: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2021

“Passengers are scarce on Mondays because they are afraid of being attacked on the road. The sit-at-home is even worse in Aba than Umuahia. So I have decided to take Monday as my day of rest till further notice,” Mr Chijindu explained. “We need help either from IPOB or the government to cover up the monetary loss because we cannot continue like this.”
Remove government from your list.
Ipob is the one terrorising you.
Re: Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O by Simdyofficial(f): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lies
Re: Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O by Simdyofficial(f): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
ivolt:

be mumuing yourself up and down
Re: Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O by sapientia(m): 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Abia transporters indeed

There must always be a few disgruntled brothers
Re: Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O by Staypositive: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ma gee
It is well...

ivolt:

You are otule....
DSS and fulanis are the ones terrorising people....

You think the igbos don't know, ole....
Re: Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O by Moferere: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nooo, we must sit at home for one month.

Illiterate Peoples of Biafra
Re: Abia Transporters Beg IPOB For Palliatives, Claim Millions Lost To Sit-at-home O by Mynd44: 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2021

(1)

INEC Is Not Prosecuting Electoral Offenders Yet, Despite Having The Powers / Abdulrasheed Maina Sentenced To 61 Years For Money Laundering / BREAKING: Many Feared Killed As Bandits Launch House-to-house Raid In Buhari’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.