Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems (530 Views)

Catalytic Converter Problems? Cheap Solution / Cash Needed!!! Reg Passat 2007 Up For Grabs. Just 950k SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!!! / 2010 Tokunbo Passat CC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by walex2(m): 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
Pls I need expert advice on the main problems of 2005 Volkswagen Passat. About to buy Nigeria fairly used from someone.

Pic attached

Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by RZArecta(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Electrical issues, AC issues, temperamental DSG gearbox. Therefore, make sure you get a VAG scanner or have access to a mech with a very good scanner. For parts and other maintenance advise, contact greatstephenho who can waybill to anywhere you are in West and Central Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by greatstephenho(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
RZArecta:
Electrical issues, AC issues, temperamental DSG gearbox. Therefore, make sure you get a VAG scanner or have access to a mech with a very good scanner. For parts and other maintenance advise, contact greatstephenho who can waybill to anywhere you are in West and Central Africa
thank you sir, God bless. I will do my best to be good for more recommendation.
Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by walex2(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
RZArecta:
so it has alot of gear bus issues, and what is temperamental.. in conclusion is it advisable to go for it?
Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by walex2(m): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
RZArecta:
the woman told me categorically that the A.c stopped working some days ago. so after scanning what is the solution or it is advisable not to go for it
Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by walex2(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
[quote author=RZArecta post=107056046]Electrical issues, AC issues, temperamental DSG gearbox. Therefore, make sure you get a VAG scanner or have access to a mech with a very good scanner. For parts and other maintenance advise, contact greatstephenho who can waybill to anywhere you are in West and Central Africa does electrical issues has major Solution?
Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by RZArecta(m): 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
walex2:
the woman told me categorically that the A.c stopped working some days ago. so after scanning what is the solution or it is advisable not to go for it
scanning generally exposes underlying issues but I'll suggest you get a very competent mechanic to look over the car first before purchase since you can't really vouch for her maintenance history or condition of engine and transmission. Honestly, it's a very sweet car to drive but it didn't like yeye mechanics. Gazzuzz can look it over for a fee. My cousin has been using his own for donkey years even while heavily abused (you'll cry walahi) before he cleaned it up again this year, now it's like brand new. I'm also looking at the 07/08 as a support option since I don't enjoy the power of my present car. If the price is fair, engine and transmission are okay then there's really nothing stopping you
Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by RZArecta(m): 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
greatstephenho:
thank you sir, God bless. I will do my best to be good for more recommendation.
God bless you too
Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by RZArecta(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
walex2:
so it has alot of gear bus issues, and what is temperamental.. in conclusion is it advisable to go for it?
use ONLY recommended fluid
Re: Volksvagen 2005 Passat Main Problems by iyke4dbi: 6:22am On Oct 27, 2021
For me, it is the best car to own. If you have the money for real maintenance.

(1) (Reply)

Toks Highlander For Sale / Why Do Old Car Models Come Into Nigeria And Appreciate? / Toyota Camry 05 For 1.480

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.