Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni (1846 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen / 2019: What Buhari Told Miyetti Allah In Aso-rock Today (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Islie: 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi Ojaja II, has regretted the detention of Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho, in Benin Republic.

In an interview with BBC, the monarch said the agitator rejected advice offered him by monarchs sent to dialogue with him.

Ooni narrated that he met the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), over Sunday Igboho.

During the meeting, Buhari was informed of the reasons for Igboho’s agitation, according to the monarch.

In his reaction, Buhari was said to have said Igboho needs to be “calm and patient”.

The president also asked monarchs in the South-West advise Igboho against moves that are lawless.

The monarch, who said Igboho has a just cause to fight, said he should have been more diplomatic.

He alleged that Igboho was misled by politicians, insisting that the activist deserved the support of monarchs in the region.

On his part, Ooni said he had forgiven Igboho and already working to get him freed from detention in Benin Republic.

He urged other Yoruba Nation agitators to consider dialogue.

He said, “I have always told the government to call the agitators for a dialogue. Sunday Igboho grew up in Ife. All that he has become today, started from Ife. He fought the Ife and Modakeke war and both lands belong to Ife. He is a son of the soil.

“He wanted to fight for his kinsmen. He stood up and fought for those killed in Oke Ogun. We thank God for preserving his life. He tried his best but he was overwhelmed by different advice from people.

“Many people advised him wrongly. He listened to them.

“I visited President Buhari on his case and we discussed it. I told him that Igboho is our son, he told me that he (Igboho) should stay calm and exercise patience. The president told me that monarchs should warn him to be calm.

“After I left Buhari’s place, I called on monarchs and elders of Yoruba land for a meeting to advise Igboho to exercise patience but Igboho did not listen. He started abusing everyone, including the monarchs I sent to him.

“He hurled so many bad words but he is still our son. God owns forgiveness. We’ve forgiven him. If he had listened, he wouldn’t have found himself in his current travail.

“We are trying our best to secure his release.

“It is better to fight together. We can only achieve our goal if we are united.

“No one can fight with the government alone? You’ve to be diplomatic.”

The PUNCH had reported that Igboho is currently in a detention facility in Benin Republic after he was arrested in Cotonou, Benin Republic, on July 16, 2021, with his wife, while travelling to Germany.

This is after Soka, Ibadan, Oyo State home of the pro-Yoruba self-determination activist was invaded by men from DSS around 1:30 am on July 1, 2021, leading to the arrest of 12 of his aides, while Igboho managed to escape arrest.

Following the raid, Igboho sued the Federal Government and demanded damages.

Igboho asked the court to order the respondents to jointly pay him the sum ₦500 million as special damages for the damage done to his house and his car and another ₦500 billion as exemplary and aggravated damages for beaching his fundamental rights with the malicious invasion of his house as well as an order directing the Federal Government and the other respondents to tender a public apology in two national dailies.

Igboho also sought an order of the court directing the respondents to return all the items seized from the house.

He listed the items to include, N2 million cash, one thousand Euros, travel documents including international passports belonging to him and his family members, gold jewelry and wristwatches, 2 mobile phones, and other items yet unknown but which were allegedly carted away by the SSS.

https://punchng.com/yoruba-nation-what-buhari-told-me-about-sunday-igboho-ooni/

Lalasticlala
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by MRDEE01: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
ok
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Sammy07: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
angry

In his reaction, Buhari was said to have said Igboho needs to be “calm and patient”.

Lol, devil advising you.
You should understand what it means

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Xscape1993(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
I don't trust this APC government for one minute.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
I agree with the Oni.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by doggedfighter(f): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
Too many stories.

Does this mean abandoning him in the hands of the this terrorist government?

There's really nothing tangible in this whole thing Buhari told you.

Stories of how he insulted who or chased that person is not important.

Your silence and desire to please Buhari at the

expense of the lives of your people gave rise to Igboho. undecided
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Abdul05: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for igboho; grin yes l believe
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by NobleSeed(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
waiting for lia mohammed tell us what tinubu told him about nhamdi
kanu| biafra|✓

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by BiafraInc: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ndi freedom. See them. Only the presidency is important for them more than their lives that fulani are wasting every day and sending their men, women, and children into IDP camps in Benin. Republic. We shall revisit here to see the colors they changed to once tunumbu is denied APC presidential ticket.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Jostoman: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Igboho is a fearless and a courageous man We thank God for preserving his life and I pray that God will also delivered Nnamdi kanu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Shetemi12(m): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ooin.. if you are the one. Will you accept that??

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by loveth360(f): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
Story to justify the betray and abandoning of sunday igboho by his brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by benuejosh: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
The same way politicians deceived Nnamdi Kanu is the same way they deceived Igboho and advised hm wrongly. Now see where he is.

Na fly wey no the hear word the follow dead body enter grave. Advice no be curse and e no get shame like craze man.

Next time they will think before acting.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by helinues: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
Igboho's case be like " Omo ti a n bawi, to n wa orun ki"...
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
Igboho the prodigal son of Yoruba land
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by tunjiajayi: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lobatan cry
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by fourboys: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by JAMO84: 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Imagine a thug like Igboho insulting the great Ooni.

Always running his mouth every time he grabbed a microphone:

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by LegendHero(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Oni and the rest of the deciders should find a way to get Igboho out of Benin Republic detention he’s in.

There is little the common man can do to a sovereign Benin republic other than the usual noise in the media that amounts to nothing. Na just like and share with noise while status quo remain the same.

The leaders should overlook any of his past utterances and every single day he uses in that detention is a win for the useless Buhari government.

Employ every diplomatic strategy you can and get him out. All this words without result won’t be accepted. Alaafin should also step up with our elected political officials, only they can bring this political solution because all this woke noisemakers on social media can’t effect jack.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by udele1: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Maxymilliano(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
:BUHARI was a military general who had experienced coups both favorable and unfavorable.

He is now a political military general who has learnt the act of deceit and mischief.

If 10 different Onis visit him in ASO ROCK for 10 conflicting reasons, this BUHARI will tell each of them what will make them happy!

After their exits from ASO ROCK, he will start laughing at them in FULANI language!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by MightySparrow: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ajá tó maa sọnu, kíì gbọ fere odẹ.

Í lile His struggle and passion. I a remain his fan. When he began to throw mud on our leaders: spiritual and traditional, I began to have mixed feelings about his idea of the struggle.
I pray for him and loud mouthed Kanu. Their approaches are not too acceptable.
I pray you ( both) get your freedom soon and in good health.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by JaroMan: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2021
Islie:

https://punchng.com/yoruba-nation-what-buhari-told-me-about-sunday-igboho-ooni/

Lalasticlala

Are there secessionists in SW? Please tell me another thing. People that are motivated by 2023 so that it will look as if it's not only SE that want out.
So that if secessionists will determine the swing of presidency in 2023, they will drag it with SE.
Jokers
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Covidodo: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
Igboho oosa ...Owo baba Dammy
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by helinues: 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
LegendHero:
Oni and the rest of the deciders should find a way to get Igboho out of Benin Republic detention he’s in.

There is little the common man can do to a sovereign Benin republic other than the usual noise in the media that amounts to nothing. Na just like and share with noise while status quo remain the same.

The leaders should overlook any of his past utterances and every single day he uses in that detention is a win for the useless Buhari government.

Employ every diplomatic strategy you can and get him out. All this words without result won’t be accepted. Alaafin should also step up with our elected political officials, only they can bring this political solution because all this woke noisemakers on social media can’t effect jack.

Are they the one who sent him there?

Didn't they advise him to tread with caution?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by IgweOfNnewi: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
ok
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
He tried his best but he was overwhelmed by different advice from people

Snitch ffk comes to mind..

Igboho is a strong man not many people can withstand what he went through.

I still believe those cats killed and the ones taken hold some of the secrets to his power..

In all things, all power belong to God...
One thing about this worldly power is, na where your own end another person own for begin..
Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by AntiBMC(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
Bulhari told you to tell him to be calm and patient. So Igboho should be calm and patient while Fulani terrorists slaughter all his people?

Why didn't Bulhari take his own advise instead of sending 200 soldiers and 64 DSS to go and kill Igboho? N0nsense with a pinch of rvbbish.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni by RiceProducers: 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
The man is a half illiterate idiot propped up by cowardly politicians.

They assembled behind him an even more cowardly mob of rice smugglers, ethnic inferiority afflicted cretins and a smattering of cultural purists to fight for a most parochially stupid and retrogressive secessionist agenda.

Buhari will release the fool but his duncy lawyer has to work on the legal work required to so do instead of wasting time trying to reassure the uneducated mob following him that the man's juju is still working.
Pray to God for mercy, use your brains and stop ill advised secessionist plots

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Release Statement On The Burning Of Awo-mmamma, Claim IPOB Did It / See How Organized Lagos Was Before The Jagaban; Tinubu / Dapo Abiodun Spent Weekend With Asiwaju Bola Hamed Tinubu (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.