Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

*corps Member Construct, Remodel Medical Reception Station* - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / *corps Member Construct, Remodel Medical Reception Station* (245 Views)

Notice To OAU Prospective Corps Member For Batch B, 2017 NYSC Mobilization / A Corps Member In Dire Need Of A PPA In Port Harcourt / NYSC Corps Member In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*corps Member Construct, Remodel Medical Reception Station* by Authentic79xp(f): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2021
Dr. Ememobong Bassey Udoh, with state code number OS/20B/0031 serving with the Engineer Construction Command Medical Reception Station (ECC MRS), Ede has constructed a General Outpatient Department and remodeled the office of the Regimental Medical Officer at the Engineer Construction Command Medical Reception Station, Ede, Osun State.

According to Dr Emem, the need to impact positively upon her host community as they were taught during her three weeks orientation programme propelled her to identify the felt need of her host community and work toward eradicating the problem.

“I tried to identify the felt need of the barrack community where I served. I was able to identify several problems in the community but one struck me the most.

"Patients who are already ill and are supposed to attain the sick role come to the clinic for consultation but despite their sick role, they have no comfortable place to sit and even worse, they have to move from one point to another as the nursing station, records unit, pharmacy and consulting rooms were miles apart.

"This led to the conception of the idea of getting a shade for my patients and easing their stress when they visit the medical facility”, she stated.

Furthermore, speaking on the budget for the construction, she said a sum of
N1,693,550 (One million, six hundred and ninety three thousand, five hundred and fifty naira) only was budgeted for the project which she successfully mobilised from the barrack community, friends of the barracks, friends and people who believed in her and her vision.

At the commissioning she expressed her gratitude to God and the people of the community who supported the project in both kind and cash.

“This seemed like an Herculean task to me but my optimism and tenacity pushed beyond the boundaries and vaulted me into achieving my goal. I really appreciate the entire barrack community for their support ".

Like every great dream, one of the barriers is usually funding and she stated how much of a barrier she met considering the robust budget she had.

“This was not so easy considering the state of the economy and inflation of prices of goods and services. However, the funding of this noble project was from the barrack community, friends of the barrack, friends and well wishers. Some supported with cash, some with building materials and some with both building materials and money. This taught me a lesson; that no matter how hard things are, there will always be people to support a good cause.”

Clearly, in her words, she "found people whose hearts beats for a change just like myself" .

She went on to speak on the project execution which unplanned by her, happened in a space of one month and so her decisions had to be precise.

“It was physically and financially demanding but with resilience and determination, it was executed and the aim of its establishment fulfilled.
And today, we have a befitting General Outpatient Department and The Office of The Regimental Medical Officer at The Engineer Construction Command, Medical Reception Station, Ede to the service of humanity and to the Glory of God".

“It was indeed a privilege, I loved the challenge and I would do this over and over again because it would be yet another chance to impact lives and the common at large”, she concluded.

In conclusion, she stated that the Community Development Service is one of the four (4) cardinal programmes of the NYSC and she is thankful for the privilege to have contributed her own quota to the development of the barrack community where she served.

Speaking at the commissioning on Monday 18th October, the State Coordinator, Mrs Winifred Shokpeka who was represented by the Assistant Director Community Development Service, Mr Felix Ayibiowu, lauded the contributions of Dr Emem who hails from Akwa-Ibom, toward the betterment of the lives of the people of her host community.

"you have this day made the scheme, your family and the nation proud. This is a true display of your selflessness, humility and commitment to humanity" he said.

In his remarks, the Ag. Commander ECC Nigeria Army Ede, Lt. Col. I. Ó Erhabor commended the NYSC scheme for the training given to graduate youths in the country that has recalibrated their mindset to a patriotic, selfless and humanitarian one. He called for more support for the scheme for her to keep doing the good works it has been known for since its establishment.

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Translation / Azerbaijan Government Scholarship 2022 For International Students [fully Funded] / I Pay My Bills By Drawing Portraits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.