Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Ways God Reveals His Will To Us (part 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways God Reveals His Will To Us (part 2) (159 Views)

8 Important Ways God's Mercy Can Save Us From The Destroyer / 8 Important Ways God's Mercy Can Save Us From the Destroyer / 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways God Reveals His Will To Us (part 2) by topshore(f): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
Scripture Texts: Romans 12:1-2; Mark 4:24-25

In part 1 of this message, we discussed that God reveals His Will to us through the Holy Spirit, the Word of God, dreams, visions, prophecy and revelations.
There are more other ways God can reveals His Will to us as we will contiue this in today's message.
6. Godly Counsel: God sometimes reveals His Will to us by engaging in counseling with others who know God and His Word well more than we do. Through this means, He can help us understand His plan through others that are Spirit-led (Acts 15:25,28). God wants us to always seek godly Counsel and be willing to change plans if He leads otherwise (2 Samuel 7:1-13).
7. Obvious Circumstances: God can set up a glaring circumstance to communicate His Will to us. For example, God gave David a specific sign as to when or the right time to rise and attack the Philippines (2 Samuel 5:22-25). These circumstances sometimes indicate God's leading to know when it's time to move on or stop something. If God Has given you any sign, have faith and follow His leading (Hebrew 11:23-27; Mathew 14:30-31).
8. Witness of the Spirit: God sometimes reveals His Will to us by giving us a strong desire over an issue. However, we must be careful that this desire is Spirit-led so that it will not end up in greed or covetousness.
9. Confirming Signs: We can confirm God to show us a sign so that we can confirm if it is His Will. For example, Abraham's servant set a specific requirement to let him know who was to be Isaac's wife. However, requiring a sign often indicates unbelief (Mathew 12:39; John 4:48).
10. God's Will and Plans are sometimes Conditional: God sometimes depends on man's actions and reactions to make His Will known. For instance, God delayed judgement because Ahab repented (1 Kings 21: 17-29). Also, because Moses sought the Lord, He repented of the evil He thought to do on the people of Israel because of their unbelief and sin ( Exodus 32: 9-14).
11. Alternative Choices: God gives us chance to choose within the boundary of His overall Will. For example, God gave Solomon the choice to ask for whatever he wanted(1 Kings 3: 5, 9-10). David was also allowed to choose his punishment (2 Samuel 24: 11-15). However, our plans and choices should be subject to the Will of God by asking the Holy Spirit for help. Your choice should also show loving consideration for others.

To submit your will to God, you need to give your life to Christ so that He can help you through the Holy Spirit. This is another opportunity to surrender your life. Say this short prayer:
" Lord Jesus, I come before You today, I accept You as my personal Lord and Saviour, come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world. Thank You Jesus, in Your name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Christ Apostolic Church Sunday School – 28th November 2021 / Jesus Loves As You Are, Not As You Are Trying To Be. / DAILY MOTIVATION With Shalom David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.