Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours (874 Views)

Ben Akabueze’s Wife Delivers Baby Boy At Over 50 (Photos) / Irigwe Killed 25 Fulani Muslim Travellers In Jos, Over 50 Missing / Tribunal Issues Subpoena On INEC Chairman Over Atiku, PDP's Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by Maxymilliano(m): 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2021

No fewer than 50,000 Nigerians have downloaded the eNaira application, 24 hours after it was launched by the Federal Government.

This is as many users gave negative reviews of the application.

On Google Play Store, the application is rated two stars of the obtainable five stars.

Though Apple App Store did not show the number of downloads, the App is rated four of five.

The 8.8 megabytes app is designed with green as its dominant colour, with a mixture of white and black.

According to the offeror of the App, the Central Bank of Nigeria, the 1.0.0 version needs permission to take pictures and videos.

“eNaira Speed Wallet is a fast and convenient way to conduct financial transactions. Your money is guaranteed and secured with the Central Bank of Nigeria. eNaira Speed wallet is a fast and convenient way to conduct financial transactions,” CBN said while telling users about the App.

It was observed that it enables payment of people using only their verified user name.

However, many users complained of bugs.

According to them, they encountered challenges trying to set up an account.

While some said the App is not accepting their e-mail addresses, others complained that it was rejecting their Bank Verification Numbers.

Some users also said activation email goes into junk and spam folders.

One of them, Omenkukwu Chinedu, said, “Very poor user experience so far. It is a known fact that email was not a mandatory requirement setting up BVN, now this app wants to use the BVN email. This will stampede a lot of people trying to update their BVN.”

Oghenevwogaga Olotu added, “About 80 per cent of Nigerians don’t have emails linked to their BVN and to use the app they expect Nigerians to start going to banks to fic it just to use an app? If CBN wants eNaira wallet to be used in our day-to-day living, then they should make it easy to use and accessible for everyone. Everything in Nigeria always has to be complicated.”

[Kadiri Akeem said, “Great App and seems promising. More than an hour after I agreed the activation link should be sent to my email, it has not been sent. I have requested a resend several times, yet no response.”

Also, [Anyaogu Peter said, “I don’t have access to the email linked to my BVN anymore. To use your App, I will have to go and change it. A better way would have been to use phone numbers. That would accommodate everyone.”

Gieve Blackjoe expressed displeasure over the App, saying, “When I read about this innovation by CBN, I was thrilled but I am not enthused anymore. I am rather being discouraged from using this maiden platform that should be seamless as anticipated. I will uninstall it.”

George Victor complained that he was finding it difficult to transact on the App.

I have successfully registered and the App is working well but there is no means of crediting the eNaira wallet. I checked banks’ mobile App (Zenith, Access, Gtbank). There is no option of sending money to eNaira wallet. This is making the eNaira wallet look useless,” he said.

Reacting to the complaints, CBN said, “We apologise for the difficulties you experienced while registering with us. We understand this can be frustrating.

“We would chat with you with regards to your experience with us. We are working hard to improve the App.

“We are working towards making this better. We regret the inconvenience you had faced. helpdesk@enaira.gov.ng.”

https://punchng.com/complaints-as-over-50000-users-download-enaira-app-in-24-hours/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1635251650

1 Like

Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by OluwaBlessyn: 6:32am On Oct 27, 2021
Hehehehehe,just how many days after its maiden launch,as long as that clown launched it himself,i no say e no go work.nothing good dey come from his own nazareth
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by louqas: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2021
No big deal about the reviews.... ..Many apps have bugs and a new app having bugs is normal....updates will fix it.....many of those that dwnloaded it did so just so they can look for faults in other to condemn the app.
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by Maxymilliano(m): 7:01am On Oct 27, 2021
Typical Nigerians, after criticizing the app, they still keep downloading it ...

Yeye people

2 Likes

Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by Dozis: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2021
I thought it was going to be a digital currency, just like Bitcoin and the rest.
This is just another bank app naa, just like having UBA mobile app, there's nothing in.
CBN mobile app.
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by bcomputer101: 7:04am On Oct 27, 2021
Not surprising...
Ordinary Lapo-Microfinance Mobile App is better than e-walect.

Imagine, there is no option of sending money to eNaira wallet on other banks’ mobile App. This alone is making the eNaira wallet look so useless.

Buhari has never done anything right for the past 6years.
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by SRAROFDAVID: 7:16am On Oct 27, 2021
I thought this is going to be an Internet's base currency like crypto, but what am seeing here is just an app like that of bank app only, where is the block chain, or fed government is going to use the app embezzle money like load any amount of fake money to themselves and being to use
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by AntiBMC(m): 7:34am On Oct 27, 2021
The app was probably built by the infamous Adamu Garbag£. After stealing someone's scripts and creating the Cowwee app; he seems like the most available quota system go-to option, for a govt as nepotistic as this one.

Who knows the insane amount of money they must have thrown away in the name of creating this totally vseless app?
A clowntry indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by mmanwuijele: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Typical Nigerians, after criticizing the app, they still keep downloading it ...

Yeye people

You do realise that 5000 people is 0.000025% of the population IN the Zoo. Factor in fake/multiple downloads, overseas people etc, you understand that for a Nationally endorsed app, it has failed woefully.

1 Like

Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by poiZon: 8:49am On Oct 27, 2021
louqas:
No big deal about the reviews.... ..Many apps have bugs and a new app having bugs is normal....updates will fix it.....many of those that dwnloaded it did so just so they can look for faults in other to condemn the app.
Is eNaira app the first and foremost banking app in the world?
For God sake, cbn contracted this app to foreigners instead of our local tech guys who could do a better job.
Billions was spent on this and after postponing the launch date 2wice, they r still hitches here and there.
If this was the first banking app in the world, we would havr understand, but we have so many banking apps and they still having issues programming and putting stuffs in place.
What was the essence of launching it when customers won't be able to use it until a new version is out?
I don't know the kind juju ApC is using on zombies.....
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by Simplythebest: 8:59am On Oct 27, 2021
But am yet to see the app on play store cus i have been searching for it since yesterday but still i haven't find it.
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by JOemmy(m): 10:20am On Oct 27, 2021
I have tried several times but couldn't even download the app.
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by SarkinYarki: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2021
JOemmy:
I have tried several times but couldn't even download the app.

Why do you even want to download it
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by Mintyguy(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2021
Taking the first step at launching the app is commendable
Adjustments can made in the short/long run
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by greatdreamer(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2021
Can any good thing happen in Nigeria and to Nigerians under Buhari's regime?
Re: Complaints As Over 50,000 Users Download Enaira App In 24 Hours by Grace001: 5:27am On Oct 28, 2021
Attribute of a failed country

(1) (Reply)

Am Still Shocked That We Still Have Buhari Supporters / Buhari Commissions New Made-In-Nigeria Naval Ship / The Forked Tongue Of Edwin Clark.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.