Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,272 members, 7,954,068 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles (13227 Views)

EPL: Odion Ighalo To Join Manchester Utd’s Rivals, Newcastle / Ighalo To Miss Manchester United's Training Camp Over Coronavirus Risk / Nigeria Vs Poland, Serbia: Ideye, Ighalo To Return; Nwakaeme, Nwakali Dropped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2021
Gbam!!!

His second return will be so badt for put opponents mehn.

Go Ighalo the Goal machine!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by slimghost(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
To come and do what? We have Osimhen, onuachu, iheanacho, Awoniyi and Moffi

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Holger: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
Are even going back or front?we get stickers you dey bring person wey don retire ndf should just grow ball and do away with Rhor before next year and appoint someone who can manage the team,he keeps on inviting every Tom dick and Harry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Stanfeelings: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2021
we have sharper, younger and energetic strikers in abundance...nawa. Musa still dey...u want to bring is Ighalo wey d paly for Arab? nawa

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Reference(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
This is not right.... at all.
This is all for Ighalo and his agents in the NFF..... just to thrust him back into the limelight.
The Eagles should not be a rehab centre or an old folks home cos it will choke up the dressing room and discourage the younger lads.
Imagine what it will do to the psyche of someone like Victor Osimen whom I understand Bayern Munich is set to launch a bid for next summer....

C'mon, the NFF should be living in the future. Not the past.
Let me not even suggest or hint of underhand dealings going on.
We have no issues upfront.... defence, yes, midfield, yes, attack, a big no.
The dugout.... most certainly, the NFF Secretariat.... absolutely.
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by lookingfly: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
Irukkanews:
Odion Ighalo is set for a shock return to the Super Eagles squad ahead of next month’s 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr is set to name the Al-Shabab striker in his squad for the clash against Cape Verde and Liberia next month.

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, confirmed in a statement on Instagram that he has spoken to him recently about a possible return.

“I had a long conversation with Odion Ighalo, personally I believe we need experience in our attack to combine with our energetic youthful Osimhen, Onuachu, Kelechi et al.

“Odion’s body language is very positive. We are also in touch with his agents and club.

“The vibe going into these last two games and indeed Afcon is very good,” Pinnick wrote on Instagram.

The ex-Watford striker retired from international duty after Nigeria’s third-place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, where he finished as the top scorer with five goals.

https://irukkanews.com/odion-ighalo-set-to-return-to-super-eagles/
abeg we're ok with osimhen
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Sleekfingers: 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2021
Irukkanews:
Odion Ighalo is set for a shock return to the Super Eagles squad ahead of next month’s 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr is set to name the Al-Shabab striker in his squad for the clash against Cape Verde and Liberia next month.

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, confirmed in a statement on Instagram that he has spoken to him recently about a possible return.

“I had a long conversation with Odion Ighalo, personally I believe we need experience in our attack to combine with our energetic youthful Osimhen, Onuachu, Kelechi et al.

“Odion’s body language is very positive. We are also in touch with his agents and club.

“The vibe going into these last two games and indeed Afcon is very good,” Pinnick wrote on Instagram.

The ex-Watford striker retired from international duty after Nigeria’s third-place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, where he finished as the top scorer with five goals.

Return to come and do wetin? I spit
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by AK481(m): 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Rubbish.
We have red-hot Osimhen, Iheanacho dey, then there's Onuachu, Simy, Awoniyi, & co still waiting.

Why do we need an old man who is doing well in Saudi Arabia for God sake?

Kuku bring back Emenike and Yakubu.
Comot awoniyi from the list
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by DoggoneDogg: 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
AK481:

Comot awoniyi from the list

I agree. Afonja no sabi play ball.
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by FisifunKododada: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2021
Rohr fix your defense and midfield. Your problem is not attack. You have Awoniyi, Osimeh, Onuachu etc.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Cruziero75: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
My brother, the matter just tie wrapper.

ignis:
If Nigeria with a population of over 200 million people with youths constituting a higher percentage can have 85 years old Buhari as president and 72 years old Osibanjo as vice president. There is nothing wrong with 42 years old ighalo playing for the super eagles, since we are all mad in this country.
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by redcliff: 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Mossadd:
no way! we have many young and in form striker we don't need him osimhen,awoniyi,Denis,ounachu and kelechi so who is he going to bench among those guys? Hamed musa and igaloh have nothing to offer this current super Eagle,the only thing we need to do is to sack Rohr and look for a good coach and we are good to go.

i swear to God Rohr is the least of super eagles problem. you see that management, they are the ones to blame for whatever SE is facing. both losses on the pitch

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Cmanforall: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
Irukkanews:

With the number of strikers doing well in top leagues abroad, it is a shame that the Super Eagles coach, Rohr, is welcoming Ighalo who plays in Saudi Arabia back to the Super Eagles team.
You have
Victor O.
Onuachu
Iheanacho
Etc.
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Parrot69: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2021
naim be say people clamoring for Musa’s retirement have to wait till 2033 to start wailing

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by rizzyray: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2021
Abeg we no need this guy again....NFF should just give these young guys opportunity to lead the line. Ighalo can just come around and be giving them some lectures
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by arthurwillia(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nonsense
I have no other thing to do than to smash it crooner will draw us back like Ronaldo is drawing man u back, we don’t need him
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by MITCHELL96: 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
Axelrode988:
FTC?

42year old Ighalo stay away from the super eagles

Damn!!! That looks like his real age though grin grin grin grin
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Buffalo2(m): 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
O nbo wa te niyen
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by pedrilo: 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
We dont need him
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by wizkidblogger(f): 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2021
as what nao? na wa for Picnik n Rohr ooo
Re: Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles by Realboygenius(m): 1:43am On Oct 27, 2021
Go to hear that he's back. Meanwhile you can enjoy high-end sound quality on the Oraimo Freepod 3. It has good battery last You can get yours here:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogenyi Onazi's Facebook Page Hacked Because 'He No Dey Show Love' / Daily Bet Prediction Channel..... 2 - 10 Odds Daily / NFF Congratulates Egbo On Historic Feat With Tirana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.