Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Pastor, Camerounian In Police Net Over Kidnap Of 2-year Old Baby - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pastor, Camerounian In Police Net Over Kidnap Of 2-year Old Baby (720 Views)

3 Kitchen Staff Of FGGC In Police Net Over Use Of Sanitary Pad For Rituals / Adorable Photos Of 2 Young Boys Dressed Up As GEJ & Buhari. / Man Docked Over Kidnap Of Neighbour’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor, Camerounian In Police Net Over Kidnap Of 2-year Old Baby by eliteweb(m): 3:55pm On Jun 03, 2011
http://spynewsng.com/?p=213

A middle aged man who claims to be a pastor of the African Church, Evwreni in Ughelli North LGA and a Camerounian are now in police net over the suspected kidnap of a two year old baby girl.

The Pastor, Mr. Emmanuel Obovo and the Camerounian, Mr. Steven Williams were both arrested by the police in Evwreni on Thursday, June 2, with the kidnap victim in their custody.

The suspects kidnapped the victim, baby Yoleme Edoja and took her to Evwreni where they kept her in custody preparatory to demand for ransom from the parent.

When alerted of the crime on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 the police in ‘A’ Division Ughelli quickly sprang into action and mobilized its intelligence network and assisted by the vigilante groups in Ughelli and Evwreni, discovered the hideout of the kidnappers where they were promptly arrested and secured the release of the baby.

Mr. Chris Sorgbara, DPO of ‘A’ Division confirmed the arrest and Spynews had a chat with the suspects, who at press time were in the police custody.

The following conversation ensued:

Spynews: Pastor what happened?

Pastor: This boy came to my place yesterday evening with one baby, when I saw the baby I asked whose baby is this he said she is his cousin’s baby. Then I said, well you are a friend and it is already late so I accommodated them. The baby cried all night and I said as early as possible you have to take this baby back to the mother. My bike was faulty so I went out to repair my bike, I do commercial motorcycle riding sometimes. When I came back, as I was in the market place, immediately I came back he said the baby is hungry and I said I don’t have any money on me. He said the baby is hungry and want to eat rice so I went to the market and bought tomatoes and other ingredients for him to cook for the baby. Immediately I got to the market they said some people are looking for me. I went back and somebody else said some people are looking for me. I said I don’t have any friend from Warri neither did a negotiate any business with any body. Before God and man I was there, immediately, as we were there, I saw him shaking and before I could look he took off, I didn’t see him again. He said he went to buy something, I went back I didn’t see him. I said okay let me go home when I got home I saw some people in my place, immediately I wanted to enter my room the bag draw me and I fell, just for me to carry my bag some men came to me and they held me and say na di pastor be this. I said what is happing, they said Steven. I said yes Steven is around, he came with a baby. They said he kidnapped the baby and I said ah! Let’s go now, he is some where, he just escaped now, lets go and look for him. That was how we went; we were patrolling every where until they saw him and the baby in one private school. It was there they got him and they beat hell out of him. The baby last night when she slept urinated all over his body, I gave him soap to wash the baby’s cloth because he said she is his cousin so that after the cloths were dry he could go away with the baby. Thank God the clothes did not dry on time if not he would have gone forever. I thank God that they also caught him, only for,….now people are asking him how did you get this baby he said I am the one that negotiated the whole thing with him, before God and man I don’t know anything like that.

Spynews: Did you know him before?

Pastor: I know him, I helped him once

Spynews: How?

Pastor: I was coming from all-night one day I saw him trekking so I helped him. Since then I have known him, at times he came to my church to fellowship and goes back. At times I pay him visit and go my way.

Spynews: You know where he stays?

Pastor: He is a security man.

Spynews: Where?

Pastor: River land in Ughelli.

Spynews: Please give us your name?

Camerounian: Steven Williams

Spynews: Where do you come from?

Camerounian: From Duala Town in Cameroun.

Spynews: What are you doing here in Nigeria?

Camerounian: I came here to hustle and to work.

Spynews: Is kidnapping part of the hustle?

Camerounian: I don’t kidnap, I work at River land for the past five months, they accommodate me there and they pay me every month end.

Spynews: But you brought this little child to this pastor’s house?

Camerounian: I know this man (pastor) very well. I know where he stays. So, I as work there, my madam is a very rich lady with that little child, so he convinced me that if I kidnap the child she will give us up to 4 million naira and they are going to give me a very huge amount of money with which I am going to start my life and I will never suffer again. That is how I went into it.

Spynews: So, he convinced you?

Mr. Emmanuel Obovo & Steven Williams

Camerounian: Yes, I took the child to his place so that he will call the people and let them bring the money, that is how it went. Unfortunately they caught up with us, I don’t want to lie I just want to confess every thing.

Spynews: Okay, thank you very much.

Spynews: What is your name?

Victim’s Mother: My name is Elo Ugbara.

Spynews: From where?

Victim’s Mother: From Isoko.

Spynews: Where were you when your child was kidnapped?

Victim’s Mother: I was not in town, I was travelling to Cotonou when they called me on the road that my daughter has been kidnapped so I had to come back.

Spynews: What is the name of the baby?

Victim’s Mother: Yoleme Edoja.

Spynews: How old is the baby?

Victim’s Mother: Two years.

Spynews: How did you feel when you learnt that your daughter was kidnapped?

Victim’s Mother: I was crying and I prayed to God and God answered me.

Spynews: Before the police rescued the baby did the kidnappers make any call to you?

Victim’s Mother: No.

Spynews: What of the suspects, do you know them before?

Victim’s Mother: Yes.

Spynews: How?

Victim’s Mother: He is my gate man.

Spynews: The Camerounian?

Spynews: How long has he been working with you?

Victim’s Mother: About five months now.

Spynews: What is his name?

Victim’s Mother: His name is Steven Williams.

Spynews: Did you check his background before employing him?

Victim’s Mother: He came with one pastor, that is the only person he came with.

Spynews: Is it the pastor who is the second suspect?

Spynews: You know the pastor before?

Victim’s Mother: Yes, he came to meet us once in a while

Spynews: It is alright, thank you very much.
Re: Pastor, Camerounian In Police Net Over Kidnap Of 2-year Old Baby by baslone: 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2011
long thinggggggggg!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor, Camerounian In Police Net Over Kidnap Of 2-year Old Baby by elampiro(m): 8:16am On Jun 04, 2011
The quest for money is too much in d society, it is causing lots of chaos & disaster. The prosperity sermon here & there is a major contributing factor. Fake pastors, fake preachers. Murderers, ritualists, deceivers, false prophets calling themselves men of God. Refined evil magicians calling thenselves miracle workers. What gospel are they teaching? Nothing. Empty words without salvation message. In recent times pastors seem to be committing the worst evils.

(1) (Reply)

Oppotunities At Ge / How Do You Delete Threads? / What Is Wrong With Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.