Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities (12048 Views)

ASUP: Abia Government Owes Polytechnic Lecturers 20 Months Salaries / What Are The Main Reasons Why Students Are Told To Pick At Least 3 Institutions / Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by murphyibiam15(m): 8:16am On Oct 27, 2021
OgwuEgo:
My brother I will like to invite you to my side Dec 30th, we are having a party.
Wow really, Are we bringing her home bro? grin
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by olajigaolamide: 8:21am On Oct 27, 2021
So what Benefit will it add to the life of ordinary day Abian?
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by Solofresh2: 8:25am On Oct 27, 2021
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by OgwuEgo: 8:37am On Oct 27, 2021
cheesy cheesy should be next year ending, this one is to celebrate grandpa, he's 90+ cheesy
murphyibiam15:

Wow really, Are we bringing her home bro? grin
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by seyz91(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2021
you no get sense and it's obvious from.your comment

question a sample 100 of naija student and see 80percent will tell you praying to find a good job after graduation plus thats always been african parents prayers for their kids they spent money on

na you be the real mumu

just digest this don't mention me again
discusant:

People don’t go to the university to come out to look for employment from others.

People go to university to learn new things.

No be you de stupeed pas?
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by Scamburster(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2021

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by Chukazu: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2021
Very commendable.
Abia within top 3 highest enrollment in education needs more higher institution than it currently has .
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by ceeceeco: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2021
So there will be no polytechnic in Abia State? This guy is foolishly foolish.
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by Superboss: 9:20am On Oct 27, 2021
More Universities that will produce more urchins and useless bigots like ones we see on nairaland everyday.
These politicians are all the same, PDP, APC, APGA and the rest of them.
So clueless.
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by Beautibae: 9:21am On Oct 27, 2021
Governor that is still owing teachers, health workers and pensioners salaries. Confused lots.
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by sandymikky: 9:26am On Oct 27, 2021
Govt officials sleep and wake and just do whatever comes to their mind without adequate feasibility assessment. How is the creation of 3 more additional universities a plus for the state when the already existing one isn't funded properly?

What level of funding do these quasi universities hope to receive annually?

The funding gap (the gap between needed resources and available resources) keeps rising every minute and the govt isn't doing enough to close it. The gap roae to about 110% by the 2019/2020 academic session and with the creation of more schools will only get worse.

Teachers and lecturers in the Abia State school system haven't been paid for almost 2 years and more workers are going to be hired (to work for free).
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by murphyibiam15(m): 9:26am On Oct 27, 2021
OgwuEgo:
cheesy cheesy should be next year ending, this one is to celebrate grandpa, he's 90+ cheesy
Wow, such a great news, I will surely be available by God's grace cool cool

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by OgwuEgo: 10:11am On Oct 27, 2021
Ok I will send the invite.
murphyibiam15:

Wow, such a great news, I will surely be available by God's grace cool cool
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by Okwyjesus(m): 10:21am On Oct 27, 2021
milann:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/27/abia-govt-converts-3-institutions-into-universities/

Abia State College of Education is in a pitiful state and you are eliviating it with nothing much on ground. I was there after a long time and no much on ground.

All the same is a win win for Aro Okeigbo
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by EDIFRANK(m): 10:32am On Oct 27, 2021
Abia state why
Abiapoly staff has been own 31 months salary, school of health 18 month. Almost all the sector in abia state has been own pls pay the salary first...
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by NapoleonHill: 10:38am On Oct 27, 2021
germaphobe:
once it concerns ABIA everyone will have something bad to say. yes the state is in a bad form and a lot of things ain't right there, but everything cant be done at a time. the govt is already messed up and the citizens ain't helping matters but sit and complain while doing nothing. so for me i think changing the schools to uni and changing the certs to degrees would be a better news to students of the respective schools, cus whether we believe it or not b.sc and hnd can never be the same in the eyes of nigerian HR

You're the one being hypersensitive about your state, Abia, forgetting that other states are also discussed that way. This move is a useless one and would fail. It has failed in Ondo when Adeyemi College of Education was converted to a university. It went back to status quo. Proposed Moshood Abiola University of Technology failed in Ogun and returned to a polytechnic. He get why. If you're willing to learn why, I might explain to you but if you feel it's an attack on your state, let's keep our fingers crossed and watch.
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by Imperium1: 11:52am On Oct 27, 2021
The new universities have they to gotten approval of NUC? I hope they are not just fooling themselves.
Re: Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities by germaphobe(m): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2021
NapoleonHill:

You're the one being hypersensitive about your state, Abia, forgetting that other states are also discussed that way. This move is a useless one and would fail. It has failed in Ondo when Adeyemi College of Education was converted to a university. It went back to status quo. Proposed Moshood Abiola University of Technology failed in Ogun and returned to a polytechnic. He get why. If you're willing to learn why, I might explain to you but if you feel it's an attack on your state, let's keep our fingers crossed and watch.
. WE learn everyday, the fact that the move failed in other states doesn't mean it will fail(though this is nigeria and it is possible cus of "you know what"wink. hope you're having a good day sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FUTO Students To Resume After 3 Months + At Home / How To Make Payments To CAC Using Remita / LAUTECH Students Stage Peaceful Protest In Osogbo Over Indefinite Closure Of Sch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.