Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,843 members, 7,851,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

How To Sign Up With Kindle Direct Publishing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Sign Up With Kindle Direct Publishing (107 Views)

Opay Is Giving #8,150 As Bonus For Sign Up / Ultimate Guide To Publishing Books On Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing / 2go Registration Sign Up Page Www.2go.im | Www.2go.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Sign Up With Kindle Direct Publishing by ankit1230: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2021
When you are inside you will be asked to fill in some information like your name, address, and how you would like to be paid (they do electronic fund transfers.

I found it very unfortunate that Canada is not one of the places that they make bank transfers too, but that’s okay. A check is still money – it will just take a little longer to get to me!

Once you fill that information out, you are allowed to go to your dashboard and enter in your first book!

Also Visit: elinkling.net

kindle publishing

As you can see in the pic above, the ‘bookshelf’ is where are of your published books will sit. In order to add a book, you have to click on the ‘add new title’ button.
Once you do you will be taken to a page where you fill in all of the details of your book as seen below. This is the easy part…all of their little ‘why’ and ‘what’s this’ links explain exactly what you need to do and why.

After that, you click a button saying you are the sole owner of the content and own the copyright, or you click that you are publishing something in the public domain. Then, you pick two categories that your book fits into and add some keywords so people can find your book.

Then, you get to add your book cover. This is the one that had me stumped for a long time.

Kindle book cover

I wanted to make a cover, but I didn’t want to wait a long time to get it done. This is my first eBook for sale and I want to get it on there. So, I searched on Fiverr to see if there was anyone who could do the cover, but the least amount of time to wait was a day. I didn’t want to wait a day.

Then I found a place, recommended by Stacy Claflin (a newly published writer!), called My Ecover Maker. You can create an eBook cover using their templates, images, and text boxes.

I think at the time Stacy wrote her post it was free – but now it seems as though you either have to pay around $5 a download, $15 a month, or $99 for a year.

I just chose to download the eBook cover I made, and I didn’t waste much time doing it. I didn’t want to make a cheesy eBook cover, but you know what – I don’t mind the one I made.

I think it looks better than some of the covers I have seen, and it gets my point across. To be honest, I also wasn’t sure how to change the text color or remove the pictures once I got them in there, so I went with it.

Next, you need to upload your book. Now, I was all worried about what to save my eBook as in order to publish it. If you watch the videos they will tell you that you need to save in HTML…at least that is what I heard. But I saved it in a Microsoft Office Word Document (.docx) and I was able to upload it quite easily.

Once you upload your book, you get an option to preview it. MAKE SURE TO PREVIEW IT! I had a few formatting errors that looked ridiculous.

Pictures were not showing up even though I was referring to them as figure 1 or 2…I ended up having to take a couple pictures out (that kind of ticked me off because I had one really good diagram in there!)

Plus, you can view what your document will look like on the kindle, iPhone, ipad, and a few other things both vertically and horizontally. That is just fun to look at.

I previewed my eBook and changed the word document at least 10 times. Finally, I fixed it up the way I wanted and then I hit the save and continue button. From there, I had to fill in my preferences for price, and they walk you through the process.

AND THEN, I was done! I published it and it went into review status. I sat there and stared at it for a while before I went down to help out with the Christmas lights. Then before bed it was publishing, and now in the morning it is LIVE!

69 Tips To Attract, Impress, And Get Women
69 Tips To Attract Impress and Get Women
Did You Think That Would Be The Subject?

69 Tips To Attract, Impress, and Get Women

Yep, that’s my book. Did you think it would be on this topic? Over the years, I have found that my blogs and articles written for men have always received the most attention, so that is what I went with.

I chose the 69 tips for obvious reasons, and I plan to write many more 69 tip books because I really like the concept.

The more I look at the cover, I don’t really like it. However, I’m going to keep it for a few weeks and see what happens. It is hard to read the title and subtitle…and maybe even my name.

Oh well, it is my first eBook so I’m not going to kick myself too much. Unless it makes people think that my writing is bad as my cover…maybe I better rethink this. smiley

I set the price point at $2.99, which is the lowest you can go if you want to earn a 70% commission. You can also chose to earn a 35% commission and at that point you can set your eBook at 99 cents.

I personally think that the information is worth more than $2.99. Maybe that’s just my ego talking, but I have seen some pretty bad eBooks with crap content written by popular people, and they have been sold for $24 and up! That blows my mind.

In any case, I figured since it was my first eBook I would keep the price low, show people that I’m not just spewing a bunch of nonsense, and hopefully get them interested in my writing so they buy future books.

I have another eBook that I had already written in tip form, so I just need to add some extra tips to get it to 69 and then add it to my new eBook collection on kindle direct publishing.

If there is anything that you want to know about the eBook process that I took or the publishing process on kindle direct publishing, then ask in the comments below.

Also, if you have experience with kindle direct publishing, I would love to hear about it in the comments.

Read More: VORTEX MODS CANNOT BE DEPLOYED

(1) (Reply)

Get A Professional Home Tutor With Acies-global / Let This Each All Obas And Chief Sunday Lover / Again, Kwara Poly Expels 29 Students Over ‘exam Malpractice’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.