Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story (1819 Views)

She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by JeffreyJunior: 5:26am On Oct 28, 2021
I'm mad and happy at your mum after reading this pathetic story.

First, why would she give up everything for the wicked family just like that when she was duly married to your dad with four kids? Statutorily wedded or not, she was his wife and you girls were his kids who should inherit his properties, not those heartless opportunists.

I get it that she was scared of fighting them because of her kids but she could've atleast tried. Ministry of Women Affairs was there and there were NGOs that could've supported her struggles against those wicked folks. Some private individuals could also have helped. However I believe she did what she thought was best for you all.

Now here is the good part. I love that woman for focusing on the most important thing you guys needed which was housing. She was a lioness for building a house upon the unfavourable condition she found herself. God rest her beautiful and strong soul.

You Amazonianlady, let me commend you for growing into a woman so rapidly at such a young age to fill the vaccum daddy and mummy of the house left. I, Jeffrey am so proud of you and I wish you and your lovely sisters all the best this life can offer.

Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:56am On Oct 28, 2021
The part the mother died brought tears to my eyes, this life is full of ups and downs, one must try to be strong. I admire the OPs courage.

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by crackhaus: 7:56am On Oct 28, 2021
ahnie:

Banana, thanks I no want.hoooor see me see trouble.
Your wahala don past ibadan John wicks own o grin
gringrin
Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by Magnoliaa(f): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2021
Wow?

Just like that? Tears, pain, sadness...where? Lmao. Looks like a linear plot I could create. Sorry, I don't really believe this? And if they were true, what's travailing as it's relate to a girl or the girl child and life for her here? 'Your' story seem pretty basic and normal to me. Happens everyehere. Naturally...

And how you bounced back. Unlike the ipain dude who's still struggling and distressed and conflicted on carrying out a sara. Your stories have the same trajectory. And his felt more natural and not sensational. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by AmazonianLady: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Wow?

Just like that? Tears, pain, sadness...where? Lmao. Looks like a linear plot I could create. Sorry, I don't really believe this? And if they were true, what's travailing as it's relate to a girl or the girl child and life for her here? 'Your' story seem pretty basic and normal to me. Happens everyehere. Naturally...

And how you bounced back. Unlike the ipain dude who's still struggling and distressed and conflicted on carrying out a sara. Your stories have the same trajectory. And his felt more natural and not sensational. undecided

grin grin I'm not sharing my story for sympathy. I just passing a message, not give up on your dreams, but to keep pushing

Honestly It was a travail, I had to give going to school. And inherited responsibility at an early age, I would given up. It ain't easy fam.

To all bread winners out there God bless you, you all doing a great job

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by AmazonianLady: 9:02am On Oct 28, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
The part the mother died brought tears to my eyes, this life is full of ups and downs, one must try to be strong. I admire the OPs courage.

grin grin Life happens, keep pushing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by AmazonianLady: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
I'm mad and happy at your mum after reading this pathetic story.

First, why would she give up everything for the wicked family just like that when she was duly married to your dad with four kids? Statutorily wedded or not, she was his wife and you girls were his kids who should inherit his properties, not those heartless opportunists.

I get it that she was scared of fighting them because of her kids but she could've atleast tried. Ministry of Women Affairs was there and there were NGOs that could've supported her struggles against those wicked folks. Some private individuals could also have helped. However I believe she did what she thought was best for you all.

Now here is the good part. I love that woman for focusing on the most important thing you guys needed which was housing. She was a lioness for building a house upon the unfavourable condition she found herself. God rest her beautiful and strong soul.

You Amazonianlady, let me commend you for growing into a woman so rapidly at such a young age to fill the vaccum daddy and mummy of the house left. I, Jeffrey am so proud of you and I wish you and your lovely sisters all the best this life can offer.

Shalom.

cheesy cheesy, thanks for the commendation. But I didn't do it alone though, with help also from my mother siblings and other well wishers.

Well I will say my mom had luck, because as that time the economy was still good, to buy land was a cheap to an extent. Building materials were also not expensive as they are today

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by AmazonianLady: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Make I perch here fess.

I don't like reading emotional scripts as this, now I'm crying alone by this time of the night. By that 2010 you finished secondary school, I de NYSC dat time. You don make me see how u suffered.

But make I ask u, what's ur tribe

grin grin senior brother. Those good old days when our economy was still good
Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by AmazonianLady: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2021
beautyhd:
I don't know who started the nonsense that without a male child; a man has lost it all.

Stories like this break my heart.

cheesy cheesy I don't blame them actually, look at it when all my sisters get married now. There would be no-one to continue my father's legacy.
So I don't blame anyone, just pray not find yourself in such situation.
Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by AmazonianLady: 9:21am On Oct 28, 2021
bukatyne:
@AmazonianLady:

I pray that God would give you a husband that would be your resting place.

Not financial rest per se but emotional rest: one who would cherish you, pamper you, love you, not stress you nor serve you breakfast.

I also pray He will give you the discernment to know and cherish that man when he comes.

I also pray same for your sisters.

I am interested in finishing the story.

Thank you, but the kain tin wey experience. I no dey depend on people again, people are passing through a lot. So it's best not to burden anyone but find solution grin grin .

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by Ulunne777(f): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
AmazonianLady:

cheesy cheesy I don't blame them actually, look at it when all my sisters get married now. There would be no-one to continue my father's legacy.
So I don't blame anyone, just pray not find yourself in such situation.

Get over this mentality.Ngozi okonjo is continuing her fathers name.It is because of her that the Okonjo family is known.

A child is a child

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by dawnomike(m): 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ulunne777:

Get over this mentality.Ngozi okonjo is continuing her fathers name.It is because of her that the Okonjo family is known.

A child is a child
Whoever you are... You've just earned my respect with this reply!!!
Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by AmazonianLady: 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ulunne777:

A child is a child

cheesy cheesy I don't have that mentality that male children are more important.
Well that's society we find ourselves in
It take years before some certain cultures are abolished.
We still practice the OSU caste system can you imagine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of A Girl Child. My Story by ipain: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Wow?

I am not really into spiritualism of everything... I just wanted to appease my sister and that's why I might comply with the Sara stuff. My siblings know I am not fond of such things.

To give you an idea.

I have joint project that is supposed to carried out at one those mega churches and payment is in a few millions, not much.

Part of the works has to do with installation and one of those we are working with was given money without doing the some parts of his job, we didn't get paid. Another person took loan in hope that after project is done, she will get paid... She has put her car up for sale so that she can pay up her loan.

The person who caused all these problem is a pastor and his number is not reachable as we speak.

He has to be found to resolve this issue.

Here is another

I had a supply done last year to customer. I didn't bother him for the funds, about 1M, until this year because we had previously done 3 deals for which he paid.. So I had no reason to doubt him.

Unfortunately, I needed money after importing goods cos I run an eCommerce business on the side and I had mapped out how I want my year to go, everything was written down to the T

But this man had sold our merchandise without paying us and we didn't know until I started asking for it because I needed the money to run ads for my eCommerce business... For several months it has been one story or the other, totally stagnated me.

I looked at everything happening and it does not look as ordinarily as they seem.

Will I give up? NO... However, when you know what you want in life with high expectations for yourself and you know how to get it, you have the skills to get it and some unfortunate beings keep frustrating you, it can be devastatingly demoralizing.

As I am now, I am sad and broken because I never expected this to be my story when I started the year.

Both the stalled deal involving the pastor and the other man from last year's supply, I created the idea and implementation.

This is just some of the things I face.

I do get information or leads on potential opportunities but after working and waiting for months, something or someone will ruin it. It's too reoccurring to be wished away as nothing...

So, it is not like I personally have a problem or that I lack vision or I don't know what to do nor do I need to complain... It just life throwing unfortunate and irresponsible people my way to stop my own vision or mission.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Single Ladies Avoid Old Rich Men(many Are Occultic) / Stories About Children Who Survived High Falls / Photos: Meet The Family Of Linda And Son Who Were Born Without Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.