Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder (26925 Views)

Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Remi Babalola Resigns From FBN Holdings As Chairman / First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by jaxxy(m): 12:11am On Oct 28, 2021
Interesting..
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by lexy2014: 12:25am On Oct 28, 2021
HeadNigga:
Ote$ is smart abeg. For every dime first bank charges you now, he gets a cut. You recharge he gets a cut, you send olosho money, he gets a cut, you withdraw from atm he gets a cut.

God when?

is that how it works?
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by kushe: 12:50am On Oct 28, 2021
Na waa oooo.
People now authoritatively speak on finance like it was some beer parlour gist.
Imagine someone saying Otedola gets a cut off every First Bank transaction. Another person called him a corporate raider who strips bare every company he touches.
People please get an education or at least your facts right. Not everyone who comes to nairaland is miserably ignorant.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by klas(m): 1:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Aganju849:

Otedola is a corporate raider who strips corporations bare once he buys them....that's the only business he knows, outside of money laundering.

Y'all can kiss FBN and your money goodbye if he gets control of that bank

Otedola bought only African Petroleum and Geregu Power plant.
Which of them did he strip? How did he qualify as a corporate raider?

5 Likes

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by dheaven: 2:07am On Oct 28, 2021
kushe:
Na waa oooo.
Imagine someone saying Otedola gets a cut off every First Bank transaction. Another person called him a corporate raider who strips bare every company he touches.
People please get an education or at least your facts right. Not everyone who comes to nairaland is miserably ignorant.
Educating them here would have been better to reduce the level of ignorance. Please do.

8 Likes

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by Layze(m): 3:00am On Oct 28, 2021
HeadNigga:
Ote$ is smart abeg. For every dime first bank charges you now, he gets a cut. You recharge he gets a cut, you send olosho money, he gets a cut, you withdraw from atm he gets a cut.

God when?

Who told you that?
Abi where did you hear that one?

Investment I shares doesn't operate like that fam.

1 Like

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by Parrot69: 3:53am On Oct 28, 2021
dheaven:
Educating them here would have been better to reduce the level of ignorance. Please do.
How can you educated someone that is not willing to learn?
They would rather abuse you than accept their irrational behavior.
These are products of our Educational system. We have a long way to go in this country.

6 Likes

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by luminouz(m): 4:49am On Oct 28, 2021
WesternOligarch:
With the way nigeria is, I wouldn't be flaunting my shareholdings and assets in the public especially if am from the south west.

Modified: curiously I checked the total market cap of FBN holdings and it's just a little around $1billion. Meaning that they both invested $50mill each to become major share holders. Lol, mark Zuckerberg could literally buy the entire
nigerian banking sector and won't break a sweat.
Offpoint. undecided

1 Like

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by tiger28: 4:53am On Oct 28, 2021
O gosh! I thought it was Obi Cubana!!! or E Money!!! I bet most ppl don't know this Odukale guy.....that's the way REAL money makers move! Not these container container local gra gra rubbish!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by olalat(m): 5:02am On Oct 28, 2021
tiger28:
O gosh! I thought it was Obi Cubana!!! or E Money!!! I bet most ppl don't know this Odukale guy.....that's the way REAL money makers move! Not these container container local gra gra rubbish!!!!!
People with legit hustle and clean money don't go about showing up. Its only the dealers who have to do enough to get their money Clean up that show too much. I laughed yesterday when someone said he wondered if Yoruba people have money at all? You can never see someone with bigger aspirations showing up and down, nah.. he looks for the next investment. legit cash flow doesn't come that easy. Na aboki worse pass, a billionaire can put on bathroom slippers. An aboki can put hundreds of millions under agbada. You won't try too hard to proof yourself if your money is clean. Im not accusing anybody ooo.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by Kobicove(m): 5:18am On Oct 28, 2021
Aganju849:

Otedola is a corporate raider who strips corporations bare once he buys them....that's the only business he knows, outside of money laundering.

grin
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by slowice(m): 6:25am On Oct 28, 2021
IcyAutos:
Nr be only Dangote dae find money, Otedola too still dae find money.

That's because they're smart enough to keep investing, a poor man would rather waste it on some frivolities.

You call a man poor and then expect him to invest? How?

1 Like

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by MRSUCCESS70: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2021
Okay oo, Who You Guys Want To The Owner Now?
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by Bluffly: 6:54am On Oct 28, 2021
IcyAutos:
Nr be only Dangote dae find money, Otedola too still dae find money.

That's because they're smart enough to keep investing, a poor man would rather waste it on some frivolities.
My friend you don start ba. There making was with government romance and not investment. Investment after that is just a stroll for them

1 Like

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by HeadNigga: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Mayflowa:

Not true. The business pays all his debt and running cost plus salaries before he receives profit from profit per share after tax.
If firstbank stock goes down, his wealth reduces. Value loss could even result from exchange rate.
think deeply...so long as the company declares dividends he gets a cut from those things I mentioned...are those not what make up profit from which salaries and taxes are paid after which dividend is paid to shareholders while some profits might be retained for reinvestment?
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by HeadNigga: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2021
Layze:

Who told you that?
Abi where did you hear that one?

Investment I shares doesn't operate like that fam.
think deeply...so long as the company declares dividends he gets a cut from those things I mentioned...are those not what make up profit from which salaries and taxes are paid after which dividend is paid to shareholders while some profits might be retained for reinvestment?
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by RodgersAkpafu: 7:02am On Oct 28, 2021
kushe:
Na waa oooo.
The problem with many Nigerians is that even when they dont know
They think they know
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by Donmorph1991(m): 7:04am On Oct 28, 2021
HeadNigga:

God when?
Show me the way bro
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by RodgersAkpafu: 7:04am On Oct 28, 2021
olalat:
People with legit hustle and clean money don't go about showing up. Its only the dealers who have to do enough to get their money Clean up that show too much. I laughed yesterday when someone said he wondered if Yoruba people have money at all? You can never see someone with bigger aspirations showing up and down, nah.. he looks for the next investment. legit cash flow doesn't come that easy. Na aboki worse pass, a billionaire can put on bathroom slippers. An aboki can put hundreds of millions under agbada. You won't try too hard to proof yourself if your money is clean. Im not accusing anybody ooo.
Do you know that there billionaires in the south east that are also under the radar?
With age, your propensity to "show off" reduces
It cuts across ethnic groups

3 Likes

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by Macheteros1: 7:23am On Oct 28, 2021
dionma:

https://punchng.com/fbn-holdings-confirms-hassan-odukale-single-largest-shareholder-otedola-second/
This one dem don dey measure who get shares pass make we nor go hear stories o.
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by baralatie(m): 7:42am On Oct 28, 2021
Jibwillz:
Powe tussle grin grin
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by baralatie(m): 7:43am On Oct 28, 2021
Macheteros1:

This one dem don dey measure who get shares pass make we nor go hear stories o.
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by GoldBoss(m): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2021
Aganju849:

corporate raiding most times is for good, First Bank has a lot of shareholders value to unlock which I believe otedola will aim for when he gets control. Most Corporations aim for increase in Revenue (Soft Growth) in a bad economy when they should be looking at cutting cost to increase margin (Hard Growth). You see corporate raiding is not bad after all.
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by GoldBoss(m): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2021
klas:

Otedola bought only African Petroleum and Geregu Power plant.
Which of them did he strip? How did he qualify as a corporate raider?
some corporate raiders go for long term believe me. There is nothing wrong with raiding. If your company has enough public float for an external control, why not?
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by whytepawn1(m): 8:00am On Oct 28, 2021
Blackfire:
Still a poor person to me...
Would love to be able to sound like you someday.
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by bankylan: 8:11am On Oct 28, 2021
So many kids that should be having their access to internet monitored are many on this platform.

kushe:
Na waa oooo.

1 Like

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by Wisssdom1(m): 8:19am On Oct 28, 2021
But I read this morning that Otedola losses 1.36 billion naira in 24 hrs as First Bank reveals biggest shareholder.

Meanwhile your wall needs an upgrade

Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by 4gunners(m): 8:38am On Oct 28, 2021
WesternOligarch:
With the way nigeria is, I wouldn't be flaunting my shareholdings and assets in the public especially if am from the south west.

Modified: curiously I checked the total market cap of FBN holdings and it's just a little around $1billion. Meaning that they both invested $50mill each to become major share holders. Lol, mark Zuckerberg could literally buy the entire
lol, you've said it all. The traditional banks can't just folds their hands else the tides of fintech will sweep them away.
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by buckeyemedia: 8:40am On Oct 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

God when.....na men like me be this o.....

Day and night the son of man dey huzzle and keyboard

Oluwa make every where bust for me...na 2seconds
Edo no be Lagos, enjoy Obaseki e go open do for you.
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by AbuAeesha: 8:46am On Oct 28, 2021
WesternOligarch:

let him buy it
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by Mayflowa(m): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2021
HeadNigga:

They are not same. You presented like he gets a direct ratio of the revenue generated. The bank can make all those monies and not make profit eventually. How many banks do you see in Nigeria and not see again. These are critical assert.

I agree $Ote is smart in investing in Nigeria, to help grow hi motherland. He can decide to invest in foreign country with astute management like in technology company such facebook and twitter. Those guys share prices have increase over a 10 -100 times in few years.
Re: FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder by galantjoe(m): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2021
This is corporate trick of blocking hostile takeover by Otedola. Because this Odukale was having 4.02% while now Otedola had shored up his shareholding that the FBN quickly issued statement quoting Odukale as highest shareholders after allegedly merging both his direct and indirect shareholding.

Nawaooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

USSD: NCC Bars Telcos From Charging Customers / Elite Solar Kiosk To Enhance Opportunities For Small Business Owners / Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.