Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Oranges- Health Benefits & Risk - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oranges- Health Benefits & Risk (280 Views)

See The 100 Naira Oranges I Bought Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / The ₦100 Oranges I Bought In Birnin Kebbi (Photo) / The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oranges- Health Benefits & Risk by ChefRhay: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
Probably the most well known fruits out there are oranges. They are cheap, delightful, and highly nutritious.

Oranges are a sort of low calorie, profoundly nutritious citrus fruit. Oranges add to strong, clear skin and can assist with bringing down an individual’s danger of many health conditions.

You can take them in juices and jellies, eat them entire, or utilize zested strip to add to your tart , cakes and treats.

This famous citrus fruit is especially known for its nutrient (vitamin C). Notwithstanding, oranges contain a scope of other plant mixtures and cancer prevention agents that might prevent or neutralize illness.

Read more https://www.veggiespepup.com/oranges-health-benefits-risk/

1 Like

Re: Oranges- Health Benefits & Risk by Brardana: 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
I agree about the benefits of eating oranges.One serving of orange juice has more than 200% of the body's vitamin C requirement. Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, acts as a major antioxidant in the body. I know that Americans wash down their meals with orange juice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The image of orange juice as an integral part of a healthy breakfast is an invention of those who promote the product. In 1908, California faced an overabundance of oranges; had the citrus producers (under the Sunkist brand) not increased consumption, they would have gone bankrupt. At the time, Americans weren't drinking freshly squeezed orange juice, but an advertising agency decided to change that situation. A cheap juicer was invented and featured in ads extolling the health benefits of drinking orange juice. ""We interviewed 3,000 doctors about the benefits of orange juice for babies,"" states one Sunkist ad. All the doctors were all in favor. This campaign led to a significant increase in juice consumption and created a halo of sanctity around fruit juice.

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Foods To Eat Before Bed For Weight Loss / Cow Beef Vs Chicken For This Christmas? / Cornflakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.