Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Beware Of Travel Agencies! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware Of Travel Agencies! (2065 Views)

If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. / 4 Truths Travel Agencies In Nigeria Won’t Tell You / Do Not Fall For Scam From The Following Travel & Tour Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Travel Agencies! by Blurpy: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2021
The hardship going on in Nigeria has made migration look like the only light at the end of the tunnel. This has birthed quite a number of travel agencies who help Nigerians with the travel process. While some of the travel agencies are legitimate and may have the right connections to get a visa easier and quicker for you. Many are fraudulent and have mendaciloquence to obtain huge sums of money from unsuspecting people. These people go to the extent of even selling their family land and assets just to pay the agents and get the visa with the hope of getting work abroad and sending money back home. The thing is that the travel process looks complex but actually it is not complex , you just need to calm down, research and read and obtain knowledge. Information is power.
Imagine this poster below advertising a sponsored work permit into Canada, something that is not possible, what skills do you have that any Canadian doesn't have that would make a company sponsor you all the way from Africa? When there are lots of Canadians, Americans, Indians, Chinese even Pakistanis and Bangladeshis including Africans over there too?
People have been misled and duped severally in Nigeria.
Beware of agencies! Especially like those in the picture attached.
It's best to due diligence and DIY.! To avoid stories that touches the heart. If you must use a travel agent, for example for Canada, use a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant. They are verified on the IRCC List. They are not cheap though. They won't fraud you because they wouldn't want to risk their license.
Meanwhile, not all countries are worth travelling to, research very well on the country, countries like Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Serbia, Belarus, Albania etc shouldn't be travel options to Nigerians as greener pastures.
I come in peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Travel Agencies! by ednut1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
Nigerians will never learn

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Travel Agencies! by ILuvBreasts: 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Very true, Lalasticlala, mynd44, justwise come and see front page material
Re: Beware Of Travel Agencies! by feelgoodstuffs(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Blurpy:

Meanwhile, not all countries are worth travelling to, research very well on the country, countries like Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Serbia, Belarus, Albania etc shouldn't be travel options to Nigerians as greener pastures.
I come in peace.

Well said bro… Nigerians should BEWARE of those countries listed.
Re: Beware Of Travel Agencies! by mystery22: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nice one op,some people won't still hear,the way I didn't and lost alot of money into the hands of zidora travel and tours...I pity anyone about to patronize them...scam company...

If you want to travel hit the travel section here and you will see you don't need any agent
Re: Beware Of Travel Agencies! by Jorussia(m): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
People should be very careful when dealing with agencies/agents that offer working permit/visa to Poland and may be Croatia.from my research so it cost more than €2500 to get genuine work permit from both countries.The work permit for Croatia is not even worth it.salaries in Croatia for low skilled jobs is very low. Spending more than €4000 to Croatia to earn around €600 per month is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Travel Agencies! by Otutumeletus: 3:48pm On May 07, 2023
Kazakhstan na dead place... Am currently there m even with work permit still no job.. I do not advise anyone to come here otherwise na suffer ooo.. Be warn
Blurpy:
The hardship going on in Nigeria has made migration look like the only light at the end of the tunnel. This has birthed quite a number of travel agencies who help Nigerians with the travel process. While some of the travel agencies are legitimate and may have the right connections to get a visa easier and quicker for you. Many are fraudulent and have mendaciloquence to obtain huge sums of money from unsuspecting people. These people go to the extent of even selling their family land and assets just to pay the agents and get the visa with the hope of getting work abroad and sending money back home. The thing is that the travel process looks complex but actually it is not complex , you just need to calm down, research and read and obtain knowledge. Information is power.
Imagine this poster below advertising a sponsored work permit into Canada, something that is not possible, what skills do you have that any Canadian doesn't have that would make a company sponsor you all the way from Africa? When there are lots of Canadians, Americans, Indians, Chinese even Pakistanis and Bangladeshis including Africans over there too?
People have been misled and duped severally in Nigeria.
Beware of agencies! Especially like those in the picture attached.
It's best to due diligence and DIY.! To avoid stories that touches the heart. If you must use a travel agent, for example for Canada, use a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant. They are verified on the IRCC List. They are not cheap though. They won't fraud you because they wouldn't want to risk their license.
I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Travel Agencies! by lasthero: 10:55pm On May 07, 2023
Otutumeletus:
Kazakhstan na dead place... Am currently there m even with work permit still no job.. I do not advise anyone to come here otherwise na suffer ooo.. Be warn

A nairalander committed suicide over this same country few years ago
Re: Beware Of Travel Agencies! by ednut1(m): 12:07am On May 08, 2023
Otutumeletus:
you were warned on this thread you created. You think say you wise

(1) (Reply)

What Country You Would Like To Visit Most And Why? / Traveling To Lagos But Know Nobody In The State Need Help / How Do I Get To Victoria Island From Sango Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.