Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa (893 Views)

Which IELTS Test Is Acceptable For A UK Tier 2 Visa? / Can One Change A Tier 4 Visa To Tier 2 Visa? / Tuberculosis Test For Uk Tier 2 Visa Application: Urgent Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hi there

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the US is not in any investment treaty with Nigeria, at least going by the link below

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/treaty.html

Interestingly, African countries like Cameroon, Senegal, Liberia, Ethiopia, Egypt, Congo, and Togo made the list.

What that means is that nationals from these countries can get the E-2 visa, which, from my research so far, seems a more flexible alternative than the more popular US visa options we usually hear about.

Still researching on this: so please feel free to share your thoughts

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by WoundedLamb: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
"So what is the cheap and best way for nigerians to get a US visa by investing?

The Answer is still E-2 visa!

Since Nigeria, does not have a E-2 treaty visa signed with United States, nigerians cannot apply for E-2 visas. But nigerians can apply for E-2 visas becoming a citizen of another country which has E-2 treaty with United States. Must have the citizenship of a treaty country to apply.

Nigerian constitution allows dual citizenship, so it is not illegal for nigerians to become a national of more than one country.

Grenada offers citizenship to Nigerian investors who can afford $150,000. These are the only citizenship by investment schemes with E-2 visa option. All the ot are quite expensive!

Grenada – $150,000 (donation) or $220,000 (real estate)
Montenegro – $400,000 (real estate + donation)
Turkey – $250,000 (real estate)
We highly recommend Grenada passport as it offers visa free travel to United Kingdom, Europe Schengen area, China, Russia and over 140 countries.

Once citizenship is obtained and desired investments are made, an appointment is necessary at the US embassy in Nigeria. The US embassy in Lagos takes just 74 calendar days to process this visa and there is a $205 visa fee. This is so much faster than waiting for years after making half a million investment"

1 Like

Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
WoundedLamb:

The Answer is still E-2 visa!...

Grenada offers citizenship to Nigerian investors who can afford $150,000. These are the only citizenship by investment schemes with E-2 visa option. All the ot are quite expensive!

We highly recommend Grenada passport as it offers visa free travel to United Kingdom, Europe Schengen area, China, Russia and over 140 countries...

The US embassy in Lagos takes just 74 calendar days to process this visa and there is a $205 visa fee. This is so much faster than waiting for years after making half a million investment"

Thanks for your response

Please clarify:

What do you mean when you say "real estate"?

For instance, do you mean that if someone here in Nigeria buys $250,000 real estate in Turkey, that will give him Turkey citizenship?

Hope to hear from you soon
Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by Konquest: 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
WoundedLamb:

The Answer is still E-2 visa!

Since Nigeria, does not have a E-2 treaty visa signed with United States, Nigerians cannot apply for E-2 visas. But Nigerians can apply for E-2 visas becoming a citizen of another country which has E-2 treaty with United States. Must have the citizenship of a treaty country to apply.

Nigerian constitution allows dual citizenship, so it is not illegal for nigerians to become a national of more than one country.

We highly recommend Grenada passport as it offers visa free travel to United Kingdom, Europe Schengen area, China, Russia and over 140 countries.

Once citizenship is obtained and desired investments are made, an appointment is necessary at the US embassy in Nigeria. The US embassy in Lagos takes just 74 calendar days to process this visa and there is a $205 visa fee. This is so much faster than waiting for years after making half a million investment"
Word!
Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by Konquest: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
alignacademy:

Thanks for your response

Please clarify:

What do you mean when you say "real estate"?

For instance, do you mean that if someone here in Nigeria buys $250,000 real estate in Turkey, that will give him Turkey citizenship?

Hope to hear from you soon
That's correct.
Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by WoundedLamb: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Konquest:

Word!

It's copied but thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by Phunmilola: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
Konquest:

That's correct.

You're outdated in your information. Y'all don't know how Nigerians have managed to destroy the country's reputation globally.

Citizens of Nigeria are now NOT ELIGIBLE for Turkey's Citizenship by investment.

3 Likes

Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by Konquest: 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
WoundedLamb:

It's copied but thanks wink
Yup! It was a very good copy... Lol

All the best.
Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
@Phunmilola @WoundedLamb @Konquest

Thanks so much for your input; honoured to meet great minds thinking outside the box

In my research, I noticed almost in passing some details that suggest that forming a corporate entity in the US could also be a route to permanent residence via the E-2 visa.

What are your thoughts?
Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong About The E-2 Visa by MortiOnsen: 5:32am On Jun 06, 2023
Hello! Let me share my personal experience with getting an E-2 visa. When I decided to apply for the E-2 visa, I realized how important it is to have expert guidance to ensure a smooth and successful application. An E2 Visa Lawyer specializes in immigration law and has an in-depth knowledge of the specific requirements and procedures associated with obtaining a visa. They can review your business plan, assess your eligibility, and help you collect the necessary documentation.
Working with a lawyer provides peace of mind knowing that your application is being handled by a professional who understands the intricacies of the process. They can also advise you on any potential issues and how to deal with them effectively. In my personal experience, having an E-2 visa lawyer greatly increases your chances of successfully obtaining a visa.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Kneel On Flight Seat Due To Pains From Butt Enlargement Surgery / . / Studying In Finland ��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.