Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) (47303 Views)

The Blue Marlin Fish Caught By A Nigerian Man Not Worth $2.6M - AFP Fact Check / Can You Eat Any Of These Bush Meat Caught By These Hunters / Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by foreshore(m): 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
Badintentions:
Visited my mums home at ogun state, I found my Dad’s old trap, set it yesterday and this morning here’s what i found

Animal cruelty

1 Like

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by stevinmayowa1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
OP.. you're very lucky that the snake got caught on its head.... Snakes are very deadly when trap caught them around their tail or mid body region. Especially if you're going with the hope of catching other animals other than snake.

9 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by madridsta007(m): 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
damn if that thing bite you ehhh
you're as good as dead

Even in Western countries, you are as good as dead if you dont receive the antivenom in 30 mins.
In Nigeria?
Oh well...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by bigcee(m): 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jeezuzpick:

Thank God, she recovered. It was 30 years ago.
Oh OK. Thank God cool
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by bjdon: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2021
I hear sanke meat tastes like chicken. I beg make una enjoy the meat,may e no loss!!
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by bigcee(m): 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tallesty1:
One man killed this type of snake back then and prepared snake pepper soup with it.

He ate everything including the head and was hospitalized for days. Obviously, the head contains the venom and our man ate everything.

When he recovered, he swore he would never eat any animal that doesn't have hairs.
What do you expect from the "head" of the family grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by YeyeGbami: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
Badintentions:
Visited my mums home at ogun state, I found my Dad’s old trap, set it yesterday and this morning here’s what i found

Your camera bad finish.
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by habsydiamond(m): 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tallesty1:
One man killed this type of snake back then and prepared snake pepper soup with it.

He ate everything including the head and was hospitalized for days. Obviously, the head contains the venom and our man ate everything.

When he recovered, he swore he would never eat any animal that doesn't have hairs.
he ought to have known better that snake heads are not good for consumption.. There will be venom left in the storage linked to the fangs.. That's why people use to cut of the head oo..

3 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
I can bet ilegendd left hairy black balls... that snake will not be eaten
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by mickyeddi(m): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
istina:
Black mamba, very deadly

Dude, there are no black mambas in west Africa.
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by NohurryInLife: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jeezuzpick:

This wicked trap.......

I remember when some idiot set it by the path close to our farm..... and my Dear Mom stepped in it!

I just heard screaming and came running. Freed her foot.

The stoopid farmer came and was apologizing..... I was young, then. Maybe if it happened now, I would have had his balls for breakfast.
As in ehn...a very & very wicked trap...
Hope the thing no really wound momsy??
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by OdenKelechi(m): 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
grin grin grin grin
E choke the snake, you can see the surprise on its face at how stupid its death is

5 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by bigcee(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2021
OdenKelechi:
grin grin grin grin
E choke the snake, you can see the surprise on its face at how stupid its death is
E sweet me die grin. I hate snakes.

3 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Styluss: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2021
Badintentions:
nice camera... Not like this people wet go dey upload blurry pictures up and down

1 Like

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Teenaira: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Davash222:
I can bet siofra's left saggy breast, this snake will be inside pot in the next 2 hours.

Pelee, Lala's brother. You people will not even allow the poor snake to rest before doing justice.
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Hexzagon: 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
cooljude:

The longest true cobra....

Yeah... This nigger can grow up to 10ft.
One killed in Lagos two weeks ago measured 6ft plus without its head and tail. They were preparing to eat it. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by shovaychoco: 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
Pls can I get a more detailed pic of the trap, snakes are disturbing me seriously and Im trying all means to get rid of them

1 Like

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by mastermaestro(m): 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2021
Tallesty1:

That man was a greedy bastard. grin He was lucky he didn't pay the ultimate price for his greed. It's not even safe to eat the head of a nonpoisonous snake, talk more of a poisonous one. He learnt the hard way. grin

1 Like

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by oluwakayode25(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
All diswans wey dey shout black mamba grin cheesy
Make una no disgrace una self na
That's a king cobra...
A black mamba has the inside of it's mouth black
A king cobra will deal well with a black mamba

2 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by kkins25(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

I remember someone on here saying that we can differentiate poisonous and non poisonous snakes from their eyes.
Man said non venomous snakes have round pupils while venomous snakes had slits.
Oga, this snake posted by OP has round pupils but i can bet my saggy balls that the snake is as venomous as sh!t.

My opinion on snakes?

KILL every damn crawling and creepy thing first before deliberating whether its poisonous or not.

Snakes are't friends with mankind. Murder dem all. angry

Fun fact, snakes have terrorized humanity since pre Homo sapien times. So much so, that numerous mythology always describe snakes as crafty devils. once the cavemam got bit, it meant death.
I tell you, men have feared snakes more than any other creature on the planet(biological speaking).
Men could easily combat, mammots, lions, bears, wolves and other apes but the snake terrified men.
1) Their camouflage was impeccable. No wonder the seepent was described as a dubious creature that roames in the darkness void of night.

Our eyes Just couldn't see the snake quick enough until its poisoned dagger had been plunged deep into the hearts of men.

2) One bite meant imminent death. The old goons must have tried numerous herbs and found most ineffective. No matter how many monsters a man fought, he was powerless against the snake.

3) its cunning nature. because the snake was so cunning;it made no noise, blended with environment effortlesly, and had eyes that could stir through the mystery of darkness, the snake was enthroned the serpent, the form of the most dubious devil of them all- Lucifer.

you may now understand why the old serpent of old; the father of lies aka the satan, was a snake.
Let he that has ear HEAR.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Teenaira: 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
bigcee:
Pls don't eat it.

Good advice but too late
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ogun state is the Florida of the south west.... strange and mad shit always happening there.

2 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by richmondefosa(m): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
kkins25:

Fun fact, snakes have terrorized humanity since pre Homo sapien times. So much so, that numerous mythology always describe snakes as crafty devils. once the cavemam got bit, it meant death.
I tell you, men have feared snakes more than any other creature on the planet(biological speaking).
Men could easily combat, mammots, lions, bears, wolves and other apes but the snake terrified men.
1) Their camouflage was impeccable. No wonder the seepent was described as a dubious creature that roames in the darkness void of night.

Our eyes Just couldn't see the snake quick enough until its poisoned dagger had been plunged deep into the hearts of men.

2) One bite meant imminent death. The old goons must have tried numerous herbs and found most ineffective. No matter how many monsters a man fought, he was powerless against the snake.

3) its cunning nature. because the snake was so cunning;it made no noise, blended with environment effortlesly, and had eyes that could stir through the mystery of darkness, the snake was enthroned the serpent, the form of the most dubious devil of them all- Lucifer.

you may now understand why the old serpent of old; the father of lies aka the satan, was a snake.
Let he that has ear HEAR.

Poetically did justice. I doff my hat.

1 Like

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Adjovi: 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
oluwakayode25:
All diswans wey dey shout black mamba grin cheesy
Make una no disgrace una self na
That's a king cobra...
A black mamba has the inside of it's mouth black
A king cobra will deal well with a black mamba

It's not a king cobra either. No king cobra in Nigeria. With all the wahala wey we get Una wan add king cobra and black mamba join am Make Una dey pity us na

3 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
Badintentions:
Update barbecued Cobra

I no know say people for hood like snake meat. But here’s the result.

Very typical of Africans.....eat anything as long as it moves.

1 Like

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Evercurious(f): 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
Pls I need an answer to this.. Are all black snakes venomous?
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by NohurryInLife: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
quickly:
If this wan bite u ur blood go turn to block
Kuku kill me bro grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by autchman144(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
isn't this a mamba?
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
Poor snake.
Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Imustnottalk: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
So nobody credit op photography skill

4 Likes

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Decide2rise: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
AZControversial:
E Choke!
Better meme

1 Like

Re: Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nigeriadondie: 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
Badintentions:
I’m so happy. One down. I hate this creature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The plantains I bought #1000 and how I prepared it. / BEER OR SOFTDRINKS: Which Is More Harmful To One's Health? / Lady Saw Wall Gecko In Her Zobo Drink After Drinking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.