Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? (7605 Views)

Masters In Telecoms Or IT / Solar Engineering Or Telecoms Engineering / Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by AdeniyiAr9: 10:26am On Oct 29, 2021
Good morning house,
I currently work with one of the telecoms companies in Nigeria on a contract job; the pay is 60k (720k per annum). However, aside my salary, I do one or two things on the job that gives me like 10 k every week.

Approximately I earn about 100 k every month. I started this job started early this year.
While on this job, I got connected for a new job with an indigenous oil company on a full time basis and was surprised the pay is 1.2m per annum, though I truthfully expected more. For this new job am to leave my comfort zone in south western Nigeria for the south south.

I currently run my masters degree, meaning I will have to defer my admission. I'm also very much always needed in Church

Note my current job is without leave and it's contract based. But the new one is full time and am entitled to 5 weeks leave yearly.

Please serious advice needed. No bashing of any sort

2 Likes

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Flajec: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:
Good morning house,
I currently work with one of the telecoms companies in Nigeria on a contract job; the pay is 60k (720k per annum). However, aside my salary, I do one or two things on the job that gives me like 10 k every week.

Approximately I earn about 100 k every month. I started this job started early this year.
While on this job, I got connected for a new job with an indigenous oil company on a full time basis and was surprised the pay is 1.2m per annum, though I truthfully expected more. For this new job am to leave my comfort zone in south western Nigeria for the south south.

I currently run my masters degree, meaning I will have to defer my admission. I'm also very much always needed in Church

Note my current job is without leave and it's contract based. But the new one is full time and am entitled to 5 weeks leave yearly.

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by verybadmouth(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
Bro what do you do that gives you 10k weekly? Abeg share with me.

17 Likes

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by slawormiir: 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Just 108,000 monthly in this new one and 60,000 in your present job( making additional 10kweekly..) that means the two jobs are of the same salary as it is now

Ogbeni to be sincere....the two jobs are useless....

Both salary can not sustain you...

Cost of living in the south south is damnnn high

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by TechCapon(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
grin

Congrats on the new jobs. I don't understand why you people like disturbing people on this forum to help you select jobs. Choose the one you want and let us rest.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by eedimo(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
While you were growing up, you had dreams, it's time to bring them alive.
What is most closest to your dreams... then go live it.

Nairaland won't help you,be a man!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by enemachris(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
verybadmouth:
V
Vivian grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by wunmi590(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2021

Is not about rushing to leave a job for a better pay, it is about the environment and what you can gain from them that would add to your cv in future...

I wouldn't say you shouldn't leave and I wouldn't say you should leave, but seek the face of God first so that you won't regret switching...

Talking from experience...

God will lead you through

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by verybadmouth(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
enemachris:
Vivian grin
Vivian Ochuko grin

2 Likes

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by jojothaiv(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
verybadmouth:
Bro what do you do that gives you 10k weekly? Abeg share with me.
Co-asked
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Lindajames1010: 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
What do u mean by always needed in church..

3 Likes

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Penguin2: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:
Good morning house,

Look at your reasons, ‘comfort’, ‘church’, are you sure you want to make it in life?

You could be laid off anytime from your contract job. I hope the church will feed and pay your rent.

Plus you haven’t started the new job. There could be some allowances that you are not aware of yet. There would be promotions.

There could be some deal you would also be doing to get some side money.

Honestly, I’m surprised that you are confused.

God will answer some people’s prayers and they will say they are confused.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by GreaterFuture(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
Thorough research needed
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by BlackyOne: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
The new Job clearly has more prospect and benefits but you belong to those group who get too comfortable to take on new challenges....

Go with the New Job I would say!

7 Likes

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by scantee(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
Telecom company paying you 60k? I doubt is Telecom company, maybe just a partner..

3 Likes

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by incogni2o: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
eedimo:
hm

Stay on your current job
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by revived: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2021
Woooooo e go be
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by goodluckman: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2021
Where Una dey see all this jobs, since 1 year now I have searched and searched, may God have mercy on me ooh and help me with one
I am a graduate of accounting ooh In case, God wan use person here bless me

6 Likes

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by jlomz: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:
Good morning house,

The Indigenous Oil Company, what value chain does it fall under?
Is it Oil servicing, Production, EPC, etc, which one in particular?
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by arofemites(m): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2021
Continue with your telecom job. My strong is because of your master's program. So, far the job is still secured for a longer term.

It doesn't worth abandoning your master's program for the same pay and strange environment.

1 Like

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Hyphy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:
Good morning house,

Your last statement shows you're not serious and don't deserve that new job

1 Like

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Ocholu: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2021
OP let me be real with you;

How can you tell us not to bash you? What if my advice comes unknowingly in form of bashing?

Modify your post to make room for peace loving Nairalanders to comment healthily on your post.

Shalom.
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by kurlz(f): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
Time to ask God.
Be sure the oil job is genuine and what God is saying. Also that telecoms is contract? hmm.
Just pray
But you can always serve God anywhere you are o.

2 Likes

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by graphics103: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
cool
Anyone you chose, na big man you be.
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by arofemites(m): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
Don't leave your program. It's going to boost your CV better. And you will get better job after completion of it. Telecom experience is much better.

1 Like

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by jlomz: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
scantee:
Telecom company paying you 60k? I doubt is Telecom company, maybe just a partner..

How much dem dey pay abeg?
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by EnemyofGod22(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2021
God doesn't exist

Know this and have peace. cool sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Gadafii: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
ogbeni damn niggar, half bread is better than none, na people like you dey make others feel like salary job is nonsense just because you dey bomb wechat and other places to make a living.

if the two jobs which brings in 100k monthly cant sustain him, do you advise he resign then or start bombing like you do

note, if you are a single and earning 100k, i think thats enough to sustain you, and you could still save 10-20k monthly, except you want to be living like a fraudster and drug lord
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Just 108,000 monthly in this new one and 60,000 in your present job

Ogbeni to be sincere....the two jobs are useless....

Both salary can not sustain you
LIFE BEGIN WHEN U LEAVE YOUR COMFORT ZONE

GO OUT THERE AND EXPLORE, IF NOT THAT YIUR MASTER PROGRAM MIGHT BE AN ISSUE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by mfm04622: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
Contract mean there is no leave, no promotion. Go for the new job! The more you change jobs, the faster your Career growth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by doctuw(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:
Good morning house,

your previous job isn't a job, you just got a job. This new job will make you meet new people and grow. Leave your comfort zone it you want to grow

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Be A Risk Management Professional / Get Nse Past Questions And Answers Free / Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.