Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina (13985 Views)

Buba Marwa And Tinubu Pose For Pictures During A Recent Meeting. / Buba Marwa Buries His Wife, Zainab In Imo (Photos) / Lucky Irabor: With Bandits Now Declared Terrorists, We’ll Give Them Bloody Nose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by PigTormentor: 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
[s]
PavillionEnergy:
[s][/s]

What of your Fulani brothers who sniff open pit latrine and gum to get high. After taking the pills, they jump on top a twelve year old girl and try to penetrate the poor girls with their long uncircumsized deeks.
[/s]

Fulanis are not my brothers, Zik and your fore fathers have been kissing the asses of Fulanis from way back.
Go and read your history then come back for more education.
Talking about pedophiles, wasn't Ojukwu banging Bianca while she was still a minor living at her father's house?
You have pedophiles in yebo land just like you have them in other places.
HYPOCRITE
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by azikiweironsi(m): 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Buba Marwa is an enigma. He has always been delivered wherever he's in charge. The record is there till today. Keke Marwa in Lagos during his administration, Marwa Estate in Ikeja, infact wanted to buy Federal Secretariat in Ikoyi to made it Lagos Secretariat. To some extent, he is still one of the best among the Ministers in Buhari's regime. Even though I don't like the present government.
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by otipoju(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I remember this buba marwa during his days as governor of Lagos. The days of operation sweep, this was around 1996-1997, Lagos was so peaceful and crime free then, it's a pity that democracy brought the hoodlums back.

I have so much respect for this man, and if he contests for president even though he's a northerner and I'm a Southerner I'll vote him.

This I have seen.

In the whole of Nigeria, Buba Marwa is the only man that i trust to move the country forward. Most of the interior parts of lagos were opened up by his road construction through the Direct Labour Agency. No expensive contracts, no time wasting...Government designs and builds itself.

I wish the man will contest for president. I will come down to lagos and vote for him.
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by Nothingserious: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
presidency:
My first intervention some months back on the war against hard drugs use in the country was under the headline ‘Buba Marwa and the Bad Guys.’ And here I come again today, armed with facts on how the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has suddenly come alive under its Chairman/Chief Executive, Brig. Gen. Mohammed Buba Marwa, and is giving a bloody nose to traffickers, peddlers and users of narcotic substances in the country.

On Thursday last week, Gen. Marwa was our guest at the weekly State House Press Briefing. And what an illuminating session it was. He unfolded in graphic details, with video evidences, what has been going on in the drug war.

He described 2021 as a year, “which in the annals of NDLEA is epochal, defined by the renewed war against abuse and trafficking of illicit substances.”

Everything boils down to leadership. If the NDLEA is suddenly energized and is now making conquests, it is all about leadership. And Buba Marwa acknowledges the support of leadership at a higher level. Hear him: “It is prudent for me to state upfront that a progress report of the NDLEA should not be taken as an isolated appraisal; rather, it should be taken as an integral part of the anti-drug trafficking thrust of the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. Not only did Mr President set the tone for the fight against illicit drugs by handing the Agency the mandate, the direction and the set objectives, he also provided the catalysts-willpower, financial intervention and moral support that boosted NDLEA’s capability to deliver.”

Give it to President Buhari. He has identified some round pegs for round holes in the country, given them the necessary support, and they are doing exploits. Buba Marwa is one of them.

I recall a meeting at the Presidency some months ago, where the issue was whether to bring in foreign hands into the battle against insecurity in the country, or not. President Buhari was all for the efficiency and efficacy of local capacities, citing what Buba Marwa was doing at NDLEA as an example. He used that to illustrate the fact that Nigeria has all it takes to prosecute its wars at different fronts and levels.

What has the NDLEA done under Marwa, with the support of President Buhari, and the technical support of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, UNODC?

First, internal reforms and cleansing. Hear Marwa: “It is pertinent to note that the anti-drug trafficking agenda can hardly be prosecuted without the Agency itself first going through a reform process to transform it into an efficient drug control apparatus.”

He described the situation he met when he was appointed at the beginning of the year as “a far cry from the ideal. The NDLEA at the time was decrepit, grossly incapacitated, hampered by institutional encumbrances, poorly funded and understaffed” with the officers and men working under disenchanting circumstances.

Hence, the starting point was a reinvigoration of the workforce. About 3,506 officers whose careers had stagnated for as long as 20 years were promoted, unpaid entitlements were cleared, including burial expenses to the families of 188 officers who died in the line of duty, and owed since 2014.

Hear this. Despite the dangerous nature of the work, NDLEA never paid burial expenses. It was officers and men who would contribute from their pockets to bury the dead, and give tokens to their families. How dispiriting, disillusioning, depressing. President Buhari and Buba Marwa have reversed the trend.

Still on internal reforms, the agency has created directorates on Planning, Research and Statistics, Special Duty and Strike Force, being trained at the Nigerian Army School of Infantry, Directorate of Media and Advocacy, as well as of Airport Operations. The overall result is that we now have a properly structured intelligence-driven anti-narcotics organization.

The National Drug Use Survey of 2019 by UNODC gave a shocking portrait of drug abuse in Nigeria. The country has a drug use prevalence of 14.4, which is almost three times the global average. Holy Moses! Jumping Jehoshaphat!

The NDLEA under Marwa, therefore, embarked on drug supply reduction activities to mop up existing illicit drugs in the country, stem the influx of narcotic drugs, disrupt, disconnect and dismantle the trafficking pipeline.

Here are some of the achievements as at October 15, this year, according to Marwa, a former military Governor in Borno State, and administrator of iconic influence in Lagos State.

-9,355 arrested traffickers, including six drug barons
-Over 5,00 drug offenses cases filed in court
-Over N100 billion worth of drugs and cash recovered
-More than 2.7 million kilograms of assorted illicit drugs seized in 10 months
-5,579 drug users counseled and rehabilitated

Mind boggling seizures and interceptions made include 230 tons of cannabis in Edo State, 451,807 Captagon tablets at Apapa seaport, in Lagos, 1,994,400 capsules of Tramadol, 144,400 bottles of codeine syrup, 32.9 kg of cocaine worth over N9 billion in October alone, and the biggest single seizure from an individual in 15 years, 26.840 kg of cocaine smuggled from Brazil.

It was quite pleasing and encouraging to hear this from the NDLEA boss: “By the end of this year, we would have dealt sufficient decisive blows to the cannabis cartels in the country, going by the rate we’re going into the forests to destroy hundreds of hectares of their plantations in our ongoing operations.”

Pause and think of the havoc that would have been wreaked on the fabric of our society, if all the intercepted narcotics had been successfully spirited into the country. The pervasive insecurity issue cannot be divorced from the use of hard drugs, and can only be exacerbated by an unbridled flow.

President Buhari is giving the support necessary, and Marwa and NDLEA are giving the bloody nose to the bad people, unscrupulous men and women who will make money at the detriment of humanity and the society. No wonder Buhari shot them in his first coming.

Who says this country is irredeemable? Not with men of sterling character like Buhari and Marwa.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity

Buba Marwa (Lagos) and Ike Nwachukwu (Abia) were powerful military administrators that did great work during their time. The fear of Ike Nwachukwu coming to your school before you in the morning, was the beginning of wisdom for all principals, teachers and students.

Marwa tried well well for Lagos. Operation Sweep. Security-well handled. I still unconsciously call all Tricycles “Keke Marwa” till date.

Kudos to him!

1 Like

Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by jaxxy(m): 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
Picking buba marwa is the old good choice Buhari has made. The rest are a disaster.
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by membranus: 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
War against drugs is always a futile war.

Nobody or nation ever fully wins the the war against drug users and barons. You can only give it your best shot.

1 Like

Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by kingmsookwagh(m): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
The question is; has he been able to curb the nepotism and corrupt methods attached with the recruitment of new personnels into the agency?

Was the last recruitment done transparently and free of prejudice?

IF he hasn't done anything concerning the aforementioned, then he is s good a the previous heads! No body should come here and give out unwarranted accolades to anybody!
*spits*...
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by FolabiCash: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
The country is falling , let me find one thing to write about - Mr Femi Shameless Adesina
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:
you be drug pusher? Abeg if e pain you as Marwa dey clear all d IPOB terrorists pushing illicit funds into dia terrorism of innocent Nigerians , tell ur fellow IPOB terrorists to beta stop doing drugs abi.

Marwa na Star boy for dis war against drug cartels like IPOB terrorists.

Come o. Could it be that this zombie is same with manna the vulture griller?
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by Sermwell(m): 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2021
azikiweironsi:
Buba Marwa is an enigma. He has always been delivered wherever he's in charge. The record is there till today. Keke Marwa in Lagos during his administration, Marwa Estate in Ikeja, infact wanted to buy Federal Secretariat in Ikoyi to made it Lagos Secretariat. To some extent, he is still one of the best among the Ministers in Buhari's regime. Even though I don't like the present government.
Woow!! So Marwa is a minister in this Bihari's regime?? I didn't know this!!
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2021
presidency:
My first intervention some months back on the war against hard drugs use in the country was under the headline ‘Buba Marwa and the Bad Guys.’ And here I come again today, armed with facts on how the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has suddenly come alive under its Chairman/Chief Executive, Brig. Gen. Mohammed Buba Marwa, and is giving a bloody nose to traffickers, peddlers and users of narcotic substances in the country.

On Thursday last week, Gen. Marwa was our guest at the weekly State House Press Briefing. And what an illuminating session it was. He unfolded in graphic details, with video evidences, what has been going on in the drug war.

He described 2021 as a year, “which in the annals of NDLEA is epochal, defined by the renewed war against abuse and trafficking of illicit substances.”

Everything boils down to leadership. If the NDLEA is suddenly energized and is now making conquests, it is all about leadership. And Buba Marwa acknowledges the support of leadership at a higher level. Hear him: “It is prudent for me to state upfront that a progress report of the NDLEA should not be taken as an isolated appraisal; rather, it should be taken as an integral part of the anti-drug trafficking thrust of the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. Not only did Mr President set the tone for the fight against illicit drugs by handing the Agency the mandate, the direction and the set objectives, he also provided the catalysts-willpower, financial intervention and moral support that boosted NDLEA’s capability to deliver.”

Give it to President Buhari. He has identified some round pegs for round holes in the country, given them the necessary support, and they are doing exploits. Buba Marwa is one of them.

I recall a meeting at the Presidency some months ago, where the issue was whether to bring in foreign hands into the battle against insecurity in the country, or not. President Buhari was all for the efficiency and efficacy of local capacities, citing what Buba Marwa was doing at NDLEA as an example. He used that to illustrate the fact that Nigeria has all it takes to prosecute its wars at different fronts and levels.

What has the NDLEA done under Marwa, with the support of President Buhari, and the technical support of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, UNODC?

First, internal reforms and cleansing. Hear Marwa: “It is pertinent to note that the anti-drug trafficking agenda can hardly be prosecuted without the Agency itself first going through a reform process to transform it into an efficient drug control apparatus.”

He described the situation he met when he was appointed at the beginning of the year as “a far cry from the ideal. The NDLEA at the time was decrepit, grossly incapacitated, hampered by institutional encumbrances, poorly funded and understaffed” with the officers and men working under disenchanting circumstances.

Hence, the starting point was a reinvigoration of the workforce. About 3,506 officers whose careers had stagnated for as long as 20 years were promoted, unpaid entitlements were cleared, including burial expenses to the families of 188 officers who died in the line of duty, and owed since 2014.

Hear this. Despite the dangerous nature of the work, NDLEA never paid burial expenses. It was officers and men who would contribute from their pockets to bury the dead, and give tokens to their families. How dispiriting, disillusioning, depressing. President Buhari and Buba Marwa have reversed the trend.

Still on internal reforms, the agency has created directorates on Planning, Research and Statistics, Special Duty and Strike Force, being trained at the Nigerian Army School of Infantry, Directorate of Media and Advocacy, as well as of Airport Operations. The overall result is that we now have a properly structured intelligence-driven anti-narcotics organization.

The National Drug Use Survey of 2019 by UNODC gave a shocking portrait of drug abuse in Nigeria. The country has a drug use prevalence of 14.4, which is almost three times the global average. Holy Moses! Jumping Jehoshaphat!

The NDLEA under Marwa, therefore, embarked on drug supply reduction activities to mop up existing illicit drugs in the country, stem the influx of narcotic drugs, disrupt, disconnect and dismantle the trafficking pipeline.

Here are some of the achievements as at October 15, this year, according to Marwa, a former military Governor in Borno State, and administrator of iconic influence in Lagos State.

Mind boggling seizures and interceptions made include 230 tons of cannabis in Edo State, 451,807 Captagon tablets at Apapa seaport, in Lagos, 1,994,400 capsules of Tramadol, 144,400 bottles of codeine syrup, 32.9 kg of cocaine worth over N9 billion in October alone, and the biggest single seizure from an individual in 15 years, 26.840 kg of cocaine smuggled from Brazil.

It was quite pleasing and encouraging to hear this from the NDLEA boss: “By the end of this year, we would have dealt sufficient decisive blows to the cannabis cartels in the country, going by the rate we’re going into the forests to destroy hundreds of hectares of their plantations in our ongoing operations.”

Pause and think of the havoc that would have been wreaked on the fabric of our society, if all the intercepted narcotics had been successfully spirited into the country. The pervasive insecurity issue cannot be divorced from the use of hard drugs, and can only be exacerbated by an unbridled flow.

President Buhari is giving the support necessary, and Marwa and NDLEA are giving the bloody nose to the bad people, unscrupulous men and women who will make money at the detriment of humanity and the society. No wonder Buhari shot them in his first coming.

Who says this country is irredeemable? Not with men of sterling character like Buhari and Marwa.

buba marwa is all about propaganda and a useless crooks
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by HolyStriker(m): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
Inkling:
I think This Adesina and FFK should be friends. I'm seeing so much similarities in them, especially in shameless utterances

You just gave them a bloody nose grin
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by whirlwind7(m): 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
Fahdiga:
Adesina's asslicking is legendary

Gbam!
I was reading the piece without paying much attention to who the author was.
Then I noticed how the author kept fawning over Buhari as if he's infallible. This made me check who wrote this shitty, self serving crap.
It was Femi Oponu Adesina!

2 Likes

Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by fof1: 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
presidency:

This is a Political Story as far as am Concerned...it is Ur Leadership that has caused this Monumental Changes and Victory over the Drug War. It is not Buhari...so Stop Laundering his Name. Ur Predecessor/s did not Perform because they Lack Capacity not Support...SO IT IS BUBA MARWA'S CAPACITY TO DELIVER THAT IS AT PLAY,SO Adesina Should Stop Politicising Buba's Successes, Pls.
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by azikiweironsi(m): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
Sermwell:

Woow!! So Marwa is a minister in this Bihari's regime?? I didn't know this!!
Marwa is not a Minister but a Chairman in NDLEA.
MR. KNOW ALL.
Some people are quick to criticize but not able to correct when a mistake was made. Whereas they are empty barrels that makes noises all over.
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
What a great effort.
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by AkaraAndBread: 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2021
Inkling:
I think This Adesina and FFK should be friends. I'm seeing so much similarities in them, especially in shameless utterances

If na dat one, dem still dey learn work

Agbalagba na agbalagba...

Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by Kyf1: 6:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
Oh
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by Torylanez(m): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
membranus:
War against drugs is always a futile war.

Nobody or nation ever fully wins the the war against drug users and barons. You can only give it your best shot.

Says a drug addict
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by Torylanez(m): 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

buba marwa is all about propaganda and a useless crooks

Says a drug pusher
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by NessFortunate: 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
Mossadd:
Femi Adesina if you are seeing this I want you to know that you are very useless
am not suprised, you know why? Am told that when you mark your own examination papers, you always do well, by extension no body wan carry last.
Re: Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina by membranus: 10:16am On Oct 30, 2021
Torylanez:

Says a drug addict

Back to sender.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From PDP National Expanded Caucus Meeting / Nigeria To Spend N103 Billion Monthly On Petrol Subsidy / We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.