Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. (330 Views)

DAVIDO Is Rich Because Of Generational Wealth / Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months / Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. by lilbazy(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
Nigerians, I don't know the right section to post this and please you all should pardon my grammatical errors.

I was in one of the New generational banks recently and what I saw was very disheartening. I opened an account with them and I was told the account would become functional in 48hrs time. I waited for more than 50hrs and no text was sent to me confirming the account completion. I went back and was redirected to the customer service desk.

Adjacent to the lady in charge of customer complaints was another lady who was in charge of issuing ATM cards, a lady who should be in her mid 30's, the make up on her face is enough to paint the Delta state government house. She was just attending to those requesting for ATM with great displeasure and her facial expression was gloomy, scornful and uninterested in everything she was doing.

The woman she was attending to at that moment should be in her 60's, I overheard the aged woman calmly telling her she wanted her card to be blue, she didn't even respond. She brought out the one that looks brownish and gave to the old woman to insert the pin she would like to use. Momentarily, two white men walked in majestically to her desk and all of a sudden she started smiling like Fani Kayode when he sees food. The lady that was acting like she was tired with her job became cheerful, full of life and was smiling sheepishly.

What I don't understand was whether the White men had been there before now, in less than 5mins she was done attending to them and the ATM card that was given to them was Blue...the blue coloured card requested by the other woman which she ostensibly didn't assent to.

My Question is, Aren't those the same white men that treat our fellow brothers like subhumans in their countries?

Why are Nigerians always displaying some iotas of inferiority complexes anytime they see white people?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. by EzegeNdiigbo: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
That's the mentality we have here in country..
Re: My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. by Jamesbiodun(m): 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
Name the bank now tongue what is the difference between the blue card and the brown one
Who are the two white men that request for the ATM undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. by lilbazy(m): 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
Name the bank now tongue what is the difference between the blue card and the brown one
Who are the two white men that request for the ATM undecided
Re: My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. by lilbazy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Guaranteed Trust Bank
Re: My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. by budaatum: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
This really has nothing to do with skin colour. You went there to purchase a service they could not gladly sell you, so why did you not take your money elsewhere instead of incentivising their ineptitude?
Re: My Experience In One Of The New Generational Banks. by adebayo3449(m): 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
lilbazy:
Nigerians, I don't know the right section to post this and please you all should pardon my grammatical errors.

I was in one of the New generational banks recently and what I saw was very disheartening. I opened an account with them and I was told the account would become functional in 48hrs time. I waited for more than 50hrs and no text was sent to me confirming the account completion. I went back and was redirected to the customer service desk.

Adjacent to the lady in charge of customer complaints was another lady who was in charge of issuing ATM cards, a lady who should be in her mid 30's, the make up on her face is enough to paint the Delta state government house. She was just attending to those requesting for ATM with great displeasure and her facial expression was gloomy, scornful and uninterested in everything she was doing.

The woman she was attending to at that moment should be in her 60's, I overheard the aged woman calmly telling her she wanted her card to be blue, she didn't even respond. She brought out the one that looks brownish and gave to the old woman to insert the pin she would like to use. Momentarily, two white men walked in majestically to her desk and all of a sudden she started smiling like Fani Kayode when he sees food. The lady that was acting like she was tired with her job became cheerful, full of life and was smiling sheepishly.

What I don't understand was whether the White men had been there before now, in less than 5mins she was done attending to them and the ATM card that was given to them was Blue...the blue coloured card requested by the other woman which she ostensibly didn't assent to.

My Question is, Aren't those the same white men that treat our fellow brothers like subhumans in their countries?

Why are Nigerians always displaying some iotas of inferiority complexes anytime they see white people?

A friend of mine told me how angry he was the first time he came back to Nigeria after a very long time. He said "these people treat us very bad in their country, our fellow Country men still treat us very bad in our fatherland and treat these people very nicely. It's a win win situation for them." He said we receive bad treatment there, we receive bad treatment here. They receive good treatment there, they still receive special treatment here. He said he was just too sad, angry and frustrated .

(1) (Reply)

Follow Who Know Road�� You Can Start With Chikini Money / What Document Does UBA Require / Where To Buy A4 75gram Paper At Ibadan In Bulk At Cheaper Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.