Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

My Hap-2 Turken Chickens - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Hap-2 Turken Chickens (1354 Views)

Modified: Old Layer Chickens For Sale In Ibadan / The Day I Flogged Seven Chickens To Death / Man Feeds His Pet Python With Chickens!! ( Shocking Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hap-2 Turken Chickens by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2021
Hi guys, so today on a visit to HAP FARMS I was opportuned to see the legendary HAP-2 TURKEN CHICKEN in a bid to widen my knowledge of the new breed of chicken.
The HAP-2 turken breed is an improved breed of chicken bred from the original Romanian Translyvania chicken known to be well adapted to harsh conditions, they are capable of withstanding a high level of heat and they are good source of meat and produce eggs all year round.
The HAP-2 TURKEN breed happens to be in two strains
The broiler strain and the layer strain

The broiler strain was derived by crossing the red Transylvania chicken with broiler chickens resulting in a much more bigger strain of birds in terms of meat and bigger eggs slightly bigger than that of a duck/turkey.

The layer strain was achieved by crossing the red/brown Transylvania with black and brown-sttiped arco layers.The resulting offsprings produce more eggs (n terms of quantity and size) compared to the parent stock although the size of the eggs cannot be compared to that of the broiler strain.

At the end of the day, I couldn't help but fall in love with the size of this birdsa much that i had to get some for myself

NOTE:The HAP-2 Turken chicks were developed by HAP FARMS and they're also into many other livestock breeding programs including hyla rabbits breeding program, Pure strain Turken chicken program, Broiler breeding programs and also Fish farming.

(Below are some pictures I took while on the farm, I didn't take much as I was so lost in the wonderful creatures on the farm)
Pic 1&2- Male HAP-2 Turken chicken
Pic 3 & 4 - pure strain Transylvania chicken

Re: My Hap-2 Turken Chickens by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
More...
Pic 4- indigenous layers
Pic 5&6 - Fish pond

Re: My Hap-2 Turken Chickens by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2021
My HAP-2 Turken chicks cool

1 Like

Re: My Hap-2 Turken Chickens by ayantuge736: 4:08am On Oct 30, 2021
okay
Re: My Hap-2 Turken Chickens by Maxitomxane(m): 8:39am On Oct 30, 2021
So that’s what it’s called... When I was little, I called them vulture chickens.. grin

RYEOFARMS:
My HAP-2 Turken chicks cool
Re: My Hap-2 Turken Chickens by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
Maxitomxane:
So that’s what it’s called... When I was little, I called them vulture chickens.. grin

Lol almost everyone did
The original breed is called TRANSLYVANIA/TURKEN CHICKEN while this ones (HAP-2 TURKEN) are improvised strains of the original breed...much bigger than the former
Re: My Hap-2 Turken Chickens by Foodqueen(f): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
Maxitomxane:

Ur own better, when I was little I call it "adiye abolorun".
Didn't really know it was a specie.

Haven't seen them in a long time.

1 Like

Re: My Hap-2 Turken Chickens by RYEOFARMS(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hap 2 turken chickens are available for sale
Weight:5kg

(1) (Reply)

Pedigree Adult Female Rott And GSD For Sale. / Can You Identify The Breed Of These Puppies? / For Boerboel Breeders Only. Free Mating,,return Puppy Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.