Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! (1041 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Nicenancy(f): 5:35am On Oct 30, 2021
Isaiah 26:19

Your dead shall live; Together with MY DEAD BODY they shall arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust; For your dew is like the dew of herbs, And the earth shall cast out the dead.
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 30, 2021
Nicenancy:

Your dead shall live; Together with MY DEAD BODY they shall arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust; For your dew is like the dew of herbs, And the earth shall cast out the dead.

No dey reason Bible reach that level

E no worth am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by haekymbahd(m): 6:22am On Oct 30, 2021
Nicenancy:

Na Isaiah dey speak

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by falcon01: 7:09am On Oct 30, 2021
Probably someone high on meth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by illicit(m): 7:13am On Oct 30, 2021
falcon01:

grin

@op all those things don't matter anymore, we live in a new world now

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by CandyOps(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2021
falcon01:

Or someone on some serious acid trip

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19am On Oct 30, 2021
Will you be humble enough to learn from one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES?
Because that book in your hand (Bible) belongs to us and without us you can't grasp a single thing in it! smiley
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Nicenancy(f): 10:05am On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Because that book in your hand (Bible) belongs to us and without us you can't grasp a single thing in it! smiley

grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2021
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Nicenancy(f): 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nicenancy:

grin angry

Only Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to answer questions from that book, others are only seeking miracles to their problems. So if you truly want to know just humble ask but if you feel like waiting for your fellow Church people i'll excuse you! smiley
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by falcon01: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Only Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to answer questions from that book, others are only seeking miracles to their problems. So if you truly want to know just humble ask but if you feel like waiting for your fellow Church people i'll excuse you! smiley
@illicit they are even fighting between themselves grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
falcon01:
@illicit they are even fighting between themselves grin
Fighting BETWEEN!

Well if you must know all of us including you people are readers of the book Bible but only those who truly have faith in it can speak convincingly about it, others whether atheists or agnostics including people seeking miracles through reading it are all on the same page, because it's after discovering that you're not getting the miracles as expected that made you change your line of thought towards the book not that you have real interest in knowing what the book TEACHES.
So you and churchgoers seeking miraculous signs have the same line of thought! smiley
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nicenancy:

When you read from the Bible, like from any other book, always pay close attention to context so you do not miss vital details about the audience and the speaker.

13 Lord, you are our God, but in the past, we followed other lords. We belonged to other masters, but now we want people to remember only one name—yours.
14 Those dead lords will not come to life. Those ghosts will not rise from death. You decided to destroy them, and you destroyed everything that makes us think about them.
15 Lord, you have helped the nation you love. You made our nation grow and brought honor to yourself.
16 Lord, people remember you when they are in trouble. So because of your punishment, we called out to you.
17 Lord, because of you we were in pain, like a woman giving birth, who struggles and cries out when it is time.
18 But we struggled in pain for nothing. We gave birth only to wind. We did nothing to save the land. No one was born to live in the world.
19 But the Lord says, “Your people have died, but they will live again. The bodies of my people will rise from death.
Dead people in the ground, stand and be happy!
The dew covering you is like the dew sparkling in the light of a new day. It shows that a new time is coming, when the earth will give birth to the dead who are in it.”
- Isaiah 26 vs 13 - 19
undecided

In verse 1 of the chapter, you are informed by Isaiah that this is a song to be sung by the people in Judah
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Janosky: 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When you read from the Bible, like from any other book, always pay close attention to context so you do not miss vital details about the audience and the speaker.

undecided

In verse 1 of the chapter, you are informed by Isaiah that this is a song to be sung by the people in Judah
Correct.
But YHWH (JEHOVAH) says, “Your people have died, but they will live again. The bodies of my people will rise from death.
Dead people in the ground, stand and be happy!
The dew covering you is like the dew sparkling in the light of a new day. It shows that a new time is coming, when the earth will give birth to the dead who are in it.” - Isaiah 26 vs 13 - 19.
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Janosky: 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Perhaps, she thought her 3 doghead were speaking grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
Janosky:

I know she's a trinitarian that's why i asked her if she'll humble herself to learn! smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by johnw47: 11:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Janosky:

Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

lost fraud jw janosky
see how there is no repentance for the unforgivable sin
you will continue to blaspheme The Holy Spirit along with
The Father and The Son, til your last breath, and love doing it

Mar 3:29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin

and other false jw's have agreed with you, and have followed you in your never to be forgiven blasphemy
and a false jw again gave a like to your calling The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit: "3 doghead"
of course

janosky and other false jw's:

"the ole demon ghost", "the 3 dogheads", "the oly spirit", etc. blasphemy and disrespect bordering on hate
your daddy teach you all well:

Joh 8:44  You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Workch: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
Clowns, Christians cannot even agree on a thing.
More than 4000 denominations and all of them think they are right.

I piss on relgion and lack common sense
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by johnw47: 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
Workch:

laugh, for starters dope, so called jehovah's witnesses are not christians but frauds

you are right at bolded though: "you lack common sense" smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by NNTR: 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nicenancy:

haekymbahd:
Na Isaiah dey speak
John 12:24
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone.
But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.

Revelation 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead who were in it,
and death and Hades (the realm of the dead) surrendered the dead who were in them;
they were judged and sentenced, every one according to their deeds

A prophet, like Isaiah, is a person who is speaking the mind of God, so therefore, it is prophet Isaiah speaking in that verse, and thus made that statement, on behalf of God

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by chiedu7: 1:05am On Oct 31, 2021
Thats Jesus speaking
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by johnw47: 2:29am On Oct 31, 2021
Act 5:1  But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 
Act 5:2  And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 
Act 5:3  But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 
Act 5:4  Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

ananias lied to God/The Holy Spirit in Peter
and ananias fell down dead, his wife suffered the same outcome

and false jw's say The Holy Spirit is not God and is not a person

Mar 3:29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin

all sins and blasphemies will be forgiven men
but there is no repentance and forgiveness for blaspheming The Holy Spirit
and still false jw's lie that The Holy Spirit is not God, not a person
how blinded can they be:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2Ti 3:1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 
2Ti 3:2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 
2Ti 3:3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 
2Ti 3:4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 
2Ti 3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

timothy could have had the scribes and pharisees in mind (today's so called jehovahs witnesses) when he wrote that
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by haekymbahd(m): 4:15am On Oct 31, 2021
NNTR:

John 12:24
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone.
But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.

Revelation 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead who were in it,
and death and Hades (the realm of the dead) surrendered the dead who were in them;
they were judged and sentenced, every one according to their deeds

A prophet, like Isaiah, is a person who is speaking the mind of God, so therefore, it is prophet Isaiah speaking in that verse, and thus made that statement, on behalf of God

But this bolded portion as posted by the op is Isaiah talking about himself. Whose dead body is this is it not Isaiah..
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Workch: 6:51am On Oct 31, 2021
johnw47:

laugh, for starters dope, so called jehovah's witnesses are not christians but frauds

Choose one, you want to troll or you want to discuss?
If you want troll, by the time I am done with your religious head, them go think say na trailer jam you.
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by NNTR: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2021
NNTR:
... it is prophet Isaiah speaking in that verse, and thus made that statement, on behalf of God

haekymbahd:

But this bolded portion as posted by the op is Isaiah talking about himself. Whose dead body is this is it not Isaiah..
Putting aside the fact that the question asked by OP Nicenancy was:
"Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only!"

When you typed "But this bolded portion as posted by the op is Isaiah talking about himself" whose mind then, is prophet Isaiah speaking there?

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Janosky: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2021
johnw47:

Idol worshippers dey DECEIVE himself.
3 Gods Polytheist no get conscience. grin
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by Janosky: 9:17am On Oct 31, 2021
NNTR:

Putting aside the fact that the question asked by OP Nicenancy was:
"Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only!"

When you typed "But this bolded portion as posted by the op is Isaiah talking about himself" whose mind then, is prophet Isaiah speaking there?

John 20:17, who is his God & Father on earth and in heaven?
Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by NNTR: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:
John 20:17
Philippians 2:6-7
6Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God, as something to cling to.
7Instead, He gave up his divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form,

Janosky:
who is his God
What is the meaning of God, if not influence, power, authority, force etc, so, if you're asking "who is His God" then, He is, His God

Janosky:
& Father on earth and in heaven?
Jesus was killed in the line of duty that God the Father sent Him to do, so Jesus' Father on earth and in heaven, is God the Father.

You are standing too close to get a correct understanding

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by johnw47: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

Idol worshippers dey DECEIVE himself.
3 Gods Polytheist no get conscience. grin

Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

know nothing fraud jw janosky

you are shown wrong post after post and you cannot answer to anything
u just post your same gibberish over and over again
but then what would a lost blasphemer know

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by johnw47: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2021
Workch:
Choose one, you want to troll or you want to discuss?
If you want troll, by the time I am done with your religious head, them go think say na trailer jam you.

hey big mouth, i choose to agree with you that you lack common sense
now show what you can do with that dope

Workch:

oh yeah, u very intelligent, laugh, by the time you done with me
them go think say na trailer jam me smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is Speaking In This Verse? Mature Replies Only! by johnw47: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2021
Workch:

by the way christian hater, if you want to discuss God's word
janosky is your boy, he calls you antichristians/antichrists, brother

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Power Of Silence By Apostle Joshua Selman / Shiloh: Manifestations Of The Sons Of God / God's Chosen People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.