Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Solution To Poor Network Reception? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Solution To Poor Network Reception? (1148 Views)

Why Some Phones Have Better Network Reception Than Others? / No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" / 9mobile's Poor Network Is Gradually Being Resolved In Some Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To Poor Network Reception? by CandyOps(m): 7:54am On Oct 30, 2021
Abeg Nairalanders, I'm tired already. I live in a place where network reception is pretty poor.. both call and data services..

My flat is never has network inside it except you move towards the window side or you come outside to the veranda. Some people said it's because of POP plastered wall.... As I'm typing this now, I dey my veranda for outside.

I don't know if anyone has used a network booster before? How does it work? Does it improve call network reception as well as data network services? Have you used it before and which type is better? because I'm thinking of getting 1 or moving out of this flat even before the rent expires mid-next year

1 Like

Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Ajilenu: 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
Get a sim that works well for your area

2 Likes

Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by CandyOps(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
Ajilenu:
Get a sim that works well for your area

I have mtn and Airtel. Swift. Spectranet. None is strong. I just want to know if anyone has used a network booster before

1 Like

Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Ajilenu: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2021
CandyOps:

I have mtn and Airtel. Swift. Spectranet. None is strong. I just want to know if anyone has used a network booster before
wow! That's bad. Where is your side sef
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by scarycuteface(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
Move out if possible. It can be very frustrating

2 Likes

Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by AmadorSays: 5:06am On Nov 01, 2021
Las las na to change location o, so you can enjoy your internet in peace.
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by lovediehatelive(m): 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
scarycuteface:
Move out if possible. It can be very frustrating

Moving out isn't easy.

is there no way apart from moving out?
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Breastfeed: 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
Change location, or get a sim that has a strong network in your area
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Deicide: 4:54am On Nov 17, 2021
Get Glo sim. band 27 day penetrate anything grin and it's not about if the network is good or bad if the problem is the pop plastered wall as you said even MTN wouldn't be able to penetrate it.
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by scarycuteface(m): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2021
lovediehatelive:

Moving out isn't easy.

is there no way apart from moving out?
none that i can think of
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Jaculze(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2021
CandyOps:
Abeg Nairalanders, I'm tired already. I live in a place where network reception is pretty poor.. both call and data services..

My flat is never has network inside it except you move towards the window side or you come outside to the veranda. Some people said it's because of POP plastered wall.... As I'm typing this now, I dey my veranda for outside.

I don't know if anyone has used a network booster before? How does it work? Does it improve call network reception as well as data network services? Have you used it before and which type is better? because I'm thinking of getting 1 or moving out of this flat even before the rent expires mid-next year
have you resolved it?
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by CandyOps(m): 11:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Jaculze:
have you resolved it?

Yeah bro. Finally installed a 3G 4G network booster. It works perfectly but it needs power supply to keep it on 24/7.

So I may have to get an inverter (N200k estimate) or a solar powered panel. If things go well I should relocate next year
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Jaculze(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
CandyOps:

Yeah bro. Finally installed a 3G 4G network booster. It works perfectly but it needs power supply to keep it on 24/7.

So I may have to get an inverter (N200k estimate) or a solar powered panel. If things go well I should relocate next year
okay. I see you already have a plan. The network booster works with electricity?
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Corroro: 8:08am On Nov 22, 2021
Hmmm, this one na serious something, you for kukuma change location o, or look for a router like smile or something
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Meklex(m): 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2021
CandyOps:

how much did you buy it and where?
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by olopan(m): 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2021
I stay in an area with bad swift network ( little to no signal) only window works until I tried things out with this antenna

Now I have a stable one bar, and increase in internet speed of 100/200KB/s to 1.5MB/s

You should give it a try... Can work for your normal phone

https://youtu.be/bHWrRG_kdn8

1 Like

Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by maryglo: 11:14pm On Mar 22
Ensure your device is in an open area with minimal obstructions
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by Starprogress: 2:07pm On Mar 23
TECNO PHANTOM is here with an inbuilt satellite communication . Don't sleep on it.
Re: Solution To Poor Network Reception? by HappyMangle: 8:02pm On Mar 23
A signal booster is indeed one of the options available to improve your EE signal. If you're wondering how to enhance your EE signal, you'll find the answer in this informative blog post: https://www.uctel.co.uk/blog/using-signal-boosters-to-fight-ee-signal-problems. It provides valuable insights into using signal boosters effectively to combat EE signal issues. Whether you're experiencing dropped calls, slow data speeds, or poor coverage, exploring the solutions outlined in the blog could help you achieve a stronger and more reliable EE signal.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best Phone To Buy With A Budget Of 200k? / Spectranet Air Fibre Or Fibre / 3.6 Inch Dual Touchscreen Cell Phone With Qwerty Keyboard, Tv, Wifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.