Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate (700 Views)

What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? / The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men / Man Struggles To Carry His Pregnant Wife In Maternity Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by Supreme145(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2021
Good day N'landers, hope you're all enjoying your weekend??.... Some weeks ago I posted about my graduation from the university, it was more of a relief than a celebration for me due to the stress and struggles that came with university education.

I've always envisaged that the main struggle lies after graduation but I never expected it to be this tough and fast paced. I've applied for teaching jobs in my area but the payment being offered is condescending, the highest offer so far is 12k which can't cover transport talk less of feeding.

I've stayed away from menial jobs since I slipped and fell from a make shift staircase carrying two 9 inches blocks. I ended up borrowing money for treatment which cost me more than thrice what I was paid for the job.

The essence of creating this thread is to solicit for suggestions on how to earn a living as a fresh graduate with no experience to boast of at the moment.
I would very much appreciate if I can be given ideas and links to jobs that I can do with my laptop. I've gotten some ideas from Nairaland but they involve some sort of minimal investment like domain flipping, drop shipping, mini importation and many more.

I can barely feed once a day so I can't afford to embark on those jobs though I would've very much loved to, its pitiful that I can't even afford a $10 expired domain to kick start domain flipping at this stage in life. I've been learning web development for a while now though my progress stalled due to some circumstances beyond my control, I stopped at react because somehow my PC would take hours to create just a react app so I had to abandon it for the sake of my mental wellness because the frustration was affecting my sanity. I had to port to WordPress development which I've been learning for some weeks now alongside UX/UI design. I've been applying for data entry jobs on indeed with no success so far.

I'm open to learn new skills that can fetch me money to take care of my basic needs while I brush up my digital skills, most times I'm unable to afford data for night plan so as to access my courses on udemy and it's deeply frustrating. I'm slowly tilting towards avoidable depression.

Please my fellow nairalanders, help me with a job that I can do to keep body and soul together before something happens to somebody's son abeg. I'd rather work for money than beg for alms online, it's not like I have anyone to beg by the way. I'm just on my own.

PLEASE SAVE ME!!! I've been broke for almost all my life and I really need to experience financial freedom, I'm tired of drinking this pover..tea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by DAVIDMOE(m): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
Since you are already in the tech Space. I suggest you look for a blogger you can write for. There are many good bloggers groups on facebook. Join them and advertise to them your writing skills. You will surely get someone to write for.

Since you are a graduate, it will be easy for you to learn how to write SEO friendly articles from YouTube.

2 Likes

Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by Supreme145(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
DAVIDMOE:
Since you are already in the tech Space. I suggest you look for a blogger you can write for. There are many good bloggers groups on facebook. Join them and advertise to them your writing skills. You will surely get someone to write for.

Since you are a graduate, it will be easy for you to learn how to write SEO friendly articles from YouTube.
Thanks for your advice but I'm not sure that I'm really good at writing, I consider writing as one of my weak points.
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
You can still learn react. Use replt. If you have very good grades start preparing for GRE and look for scholarship to the USA.

1 Like

Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by YeyeGbami: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
Slawomir come drop your advice grin
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by Supreme145(m): 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
You can still learn react. Use replt. If you have very good grades start preparing for GRE and look for scholarship to the USA.
Thanks boss I will check it out, but I need things I can do at the moment to earn money no matter how little
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by NtiObaEneke(f): 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
Supreme145:

Thanks for your advice but I'm not sure that I'm really good at writing, I consider writing as one of my weak points.
You are actually not a bad writer. You write better than so many so-called bloggers that I've had the misfortune to read
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by Supreme145(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
NtiObaEneke:

You are actually not a bad writer. You write better than so many so-called bloggers that I've had the misfortune to read
Thanks for the compliment, I will put it into consideration
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by DontBullshitMe: 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
What did you study in school?
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by Supreme145(m): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
What did you study in school?
Statistics/Computer science (bsc ed)
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by Tohsynetita1: 4:18am On Oct 31, 2021
Supreme145:

Thanks boss I will check it out, but I need things I can do at the moment to earn money no matter how little
message me on Whatsapp +2348031542509
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by Supreme145(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
message me on Whatsapp +2348031542509
Okay sir, done that
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by A001: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2021
Supreme145:

Thanks for the compliment, I will put it into consideration
You write well. Please, consider the advice.
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by Ulunne777(f): 11:59am On Oct 31, 2021
In your spare time go and learn phone fixing.
Re: The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate by obibanks: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

What can a 2.2 do while seeking scholarship admission in USA??

(1) (Reply)

Man And His Wife Are Reportedly Found Dead Inside Their Toilet In Ondo State / Worst Rumour About Yourself / These People Can Easily Chop Your Wife / Gf Free Of Charge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.