Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023, Says Buhari (184 Views)

Buhari Rejects Call For Tenure Extension, Vows To Step Down Next Year / Buhari: Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023 / I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023, Says Buhari by Cruzblogtv(m): 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) has said that he will leave office when his tenure ends on May 29, 2023.
He warned against campaigns for tenure extension, saying he swore to serve in accordance with the constitution.

The President said this at a meeting in Makkah with a select group of Nigerians resident in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia where he just ended a visit.

This was disclosed in a statement titled, ‘President Buhari Says I Will Leave On 29 May 2023, Warns Tenure Extension Campaigners To Desist,’ signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu on Friday.

“I swore by the Holy Qur’an that I will serve in accordance with the constitution and leave when my time is up. No “Tazarce’’ (tenure extension).

“I don’t want anybody to start talking about and campaigning for unconstitutional extension. I will not accept that,” Buhari said.

Follow link to see complete post...
[url] https://www.cruzblogtv.com/2021/10/dont-campaign-for-tenure-extension-ill.html[/url]

Re: Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023, Says Buhari by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2021
Good for Buhari. Hopefully IPOBians will now stop their noise of "Igbo president in 2023 or Buhari continues in power".

Everyone, directly or indirectly, seems to be shutting Igbos down and telling them to go and challenge instead of blackmailing others emptily up and down. lol.
Re: Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023, Says Buhari by Kanixt(m): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
What was he thinking before
Re: Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023, Says Buhari by Validated: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
Buhari, noone wanted you in the first place. It was Jega and lilly-livered GEJ that foisted you on Nigerians. We are just waiting and counting down. For your info, you have only 18 months out of 96 months to be chased out of AsoRock. We will like to forget 2015-2023 in Nigeria history books thereafter.
NEVER AGAIN!!!

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Nine Governorship Candidates Ask FG To Release Nnamdi Kanu / There Is Nothing You Will Not See In Nigeria / Chima Anyaso Finally Reveals His Mission After Meeting With Rep Benjamin Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.