Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants (24040 Views)

Why I Will Not Attend The PDP National Convention- Osita Chidoka / Abdurrahman Sumaila: Don't Support Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2023 / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by haffaze777(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2021
onumadu:

You need to see a psychiatrist, pronto!
Know why?
The same Igbo you HATE so much, when you hear that they want Biafra, you develop heart attack again? undecided
Why are you people like this?
I personally believe that Igbo should leave Nigeria for you and Fulani, and Igbo should reach an agreement with Fulani to insure that the Fulani take Lagos and Ogun as a guarantee that you will NEVER secede after Igbo leaves.
Satanic lots! cheesy

Who is stopping you from leaving?at bold,u can do that from your village square meeting

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by DOTian: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2021
kjhova:

This erroneous nomenclature really has to stop at some point!

There is no such thing as Igbo or Yoruba presidency! Do you guys not know what a presidency mean?! It irks me everytime I hear this things as we are an English speaking country who ought to understand the basic meaning of words.

This current admin, with Buhari in charge, might be headed by a Fulani president but this doesn't make it a Fulani presidency in any way!
You're twiddling with trifles...
You don't think so?
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by PassingShot(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2021
Penguin2:

Exactly!

We Igbos know that. And that’s why no Igbo man is interested in engaging in a wild goose chase.

Let PDP give an Igbo man its ticket and see Lagos-Ibadan expressway press and their Twitter minions going on overdrive to remind the north that voting an Igbo man is voting Nnamdi Kanu.

But we know them.

If in the spirit of United southern Nigerian, the Yoruba will not concede the presidency to the Igbos after OBJ’s 8 years as president and Osinbajo’s likely 8 years as vice, then the north can rule forever for all I care.
Let's assume Yorubas are ready to concede the ticket to the Igbos, should it not be the PDP where Igbos have invested more than 20 years of their political life that should give them the ticket first? Why should it be APC at all, and why should it be APC to do that first?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by yamunla(m): 8:53am On Oct 31, 2021
Anago55:
If an easterner fails to clinch the ticket of the any of the major party,then no non easterner should dare come down to the east to campaign because such character will be booed and egged

Any easterner that votes in 2023 for non easterner should be flogged non stop till he or she bleeds blood. Me and my house hold that still have little hope for Nigeria will then finally give up on Nigeria and then fully switch to the other camp. Igbos have shown enough resolve to Savage this country through their actions as seen everywhere. Why can't Nigerians support us as we did to others?

If an Igbo fails to be Nigerian president come 2023, me and my wife will burn our voters card and showcase the flame to the world

The feeling of not being wanted in your own country is really not good,A country where other leaders from other zones calls your own unelectable and 5% , second class citizen and third class citizen, the dot in a circle

Meehhhhnnnnn it's killing me,any Igbo man that tells you that he is not boiling inside because of the way we are treated in Nigeria is not telling you the truth. Maybe the Igbo political class are comfortable with it but the masses are beginning to boil up to the extent of showing their intent albeit violence

Nigerians and lovers of justice and equity should look inward and give an Igbo man a chance. If a fulani man who supported boko Haram could emerge president in 2015,why can't an Igbo man?

Please you guys should forgive the mistakes of our forefathers and support us let's make Nigeria together again. I am pleading on the yorubas to please forgive the igbos,I know we can be vulgar and excess with words but that's not the real us, support one of our own let's make Nigeria stronger

Yorubas I know are good advocates of justice and equity hence I call on them to support us.

Let's get it right in 2023: Igbo for president 2023

Wow..God bless you for this piece..

We yoruba use derogatory words against you guys too wont lie.

but igbo and yoruba unity will still be the best for our region..
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Nnannapat(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2021
tunjilana:

Yorubas spoke with one voice...

Fought Babangida till he handed over to an interim...Then they sponsored Nadeco...fought the entire return to democracy thing and struggled massively with Abacha... And even after PDP "gave" the ticket to yorubas(To compensate for Abiola)as u said...the yorubas still floated their own party AD and supported it massively...then got into an alliance with ANPP on their own terms....that AD was later massacred by Obasanjo and PDP in 2003 but it managed to metamorphosize into AC and then ACN which later merged with CPC as one massive bloc to berth APC

On the flip side..South East cannot even properly float and massively support APGA and create one Bloc worth negotiating with. Even in PDP where most of them are, they cant rally around one credible candidate and speak with one voice the same way the Southwest bloc will either give it to Tinubu or Osinbajo when the dust settles....see politics is about unity.... If the Igbos rally round and show clearly that they have a candidate they are willing to absolutely support...other politicians will be forced to negotiate with the SE and the presidency will be achieved or closer to being achieved.....it is not by arm twisting or arguing....it is about setting ur house in order and picking a leader which u will support regardless of his flaws....
Please if I may ask, what has that rallying round and speaking with one voice to achieve victory in Nigerian politics done to an average Yoruba man? Absolutely nothing, only impoverishment, hopelessness, gloomy future, sorrow, tears and blood.
Most of you really don’t know the Igbo man well, we have this innate belief that equity ,justice and fairness are inborn in every man, and that by being a leader of a nation, all the good virtues will manifest effortlessly from you, but reverse is always the case in Nigeria.
The Igbos are too bad in playing Nigerian politics because we are not naturally empowered to gather and plan against equity and fairness, most Igbos are like the Chinese people, we don’t really care who leads the country, as long as the country is making steady progress and there is fairness in every thing we do as compatriots.
Nigeria will never make progress even if Northerners and South-westerners rules after each other indefinitely, the core ingredients of great nationhood is lacking in Nigeria, we are too divided to form a progressive nation. Until we discard this current constitution, then come together to decide our future, even if the Baale, or Chief of your village becomes the President of Nigeria, nothing will change.
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2021
Penguin2:

Exactly!

We Igbos know that. And that’s why no Igbo man is interested in engaging in a wild goose chase.

Let PDP give an Igbo man its ticket and see Lagos-Ibadan expressway press and their Twitter minions going on overdrive to remind the north that voting an Igbo man is voting Nnamdi Kanu.

But we know them.

If in the spirit of United southern Nigerian, the Yoruba will not concede the presidency to the Igbos after OBJ’s 8 years as president and Osinbajo’s likely 8 years as vice, then the north can rule forever for all I care.
But just 2years back, you were willing to let a Fulani man rule for another 8yrs

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Kenchubby(m): 9:08am On Oct 31, 2021
The fact that you're ignorant of certain things tells a lot about you, but please always get your facts right when you wanna argue and not talk so off point.
Shalom!!

COWBOYFAN:

Oloriburuku. You can't eat where you didn't work. Eeboes keep demanding APC should give them right to be fielded as presidential candidate and at the same time threatening to vote "awusa fulani" nominated by PDP. The same "awusa fulani you claim to hate so much. You eeboes are so freaking stupid and scared to demand same presidential right from PDP.

Awon werey oloriburuku. Let me assure you that there will be no eboe president in your lifetime. You can take that to the bank. Koni dafun yin

Bunch of losers tongue
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2021
Anago55:
If an easterner fails to clinch the ticket of the any of the major party,then no non easterner should dare come down to the east to campaign because such character will be booed and egged

Any easterner that votes in 2023 for non easterner should be flogged non stop till he or she bleeds blood. Me and my house hold that still have little hope for Nigeria will then finally give up on Nigeria and then fully switch to the other camp. Igbos have shown enough resolve to Savage this country through their actions as seen everywhere. Why can't Nigerians support us as we did to others?

If an Igbo fails to be Nigerian president come 2023, me and my wife will burn our voters card and showcase the flame to the world

The feeling of not being wanted in your own country is really not good,A country where other leaders from other zones calls your own unelectable and 5% , second class citizen and third class citizen, the dot in a circle

Meehhhhnnnnn it's killing me,any Igbo man that tells you that he is not boiling inside because of the way we are treated in Nigeria is not telling you the truth. Maybe the Igbo political class are comfortable with it but the masses are beginning to boil up to the extent of showing their intent albeit violence

Nigerians and lovers of justice and equity should look inward and give an Igbo man a chance. If a fulani man who supported boko Haram could emerge president in 2015,why can't an Igbo man?

Please you guys should forgive the mistakes of our forefathers and support us let's make Nigeria together again. I am pleading on the yorubas to please forgive the igbos,I know we can be vulgar and excess with words but that's not the real us, support one of our own let's make Nigeria stronger

Yorubas I know are good advocates of justice and equity hence I call on them to support us.

Let's get it right in 2023: Igbo for president 2023

Which Igbo man should we support? This is an imperfect world, why are your son's waiting for the stars and heavens to align before declaring interest? You'll be surprised that many people will vote an Igbo president, humans are emotional creatures and less logical in matters like this. Present formidable candidates, sell them to us and see how igbo presidency would come to fruitation. Start campaigning massively on nairaland and Facebook to court people's support like YORUBA'S are doing for our Tinubu and Osinbajo. Waiting for everything to be perfect is never a good move.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by MyExpression(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2021
Olakunleyakub:
Your response has shown less educated and reasonable you are.
So that Lagos is southeast ryt?

Where do you see your own stat that igbos living in nasarawa alone are many than people living in Southwest?

You lots will just be typing rubbish without facts

Apart from Lagos, Oyo and Ogun state, can you tell me where else in South West that has more igbos than Nasarawa...?

I'm up for a stake.
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by DOTian: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2021
Penguin2:

Exactly!

But we know them.

I noticed that a deluge of Tinubus Internet Urchins (TIU) are on overdrive on this thread as they desperately try to confront any pro Igbo post. Ignore them! Their day of reckoning is around the corner. Buhari will maim them. Let's see how he chooses his successor. Lots of them will be jerked back to reality the day Buhari announces another fulani as his preferred successor.. They're hoping they will get the presidency. The Afonjas only want a Nigeria where they perennially dominate with the fulani. They're NEVER interested in an equitable Nigeria. They only riot and complain when they fell shortchanged by their fulani uncles. It's the duty of the Igbos to change this evil political arrangement! The minorities are disorganized and fragmented to put up a solid challenge. It's the Igbo man's duty to force this two to either accept a Nigeria that works for everyone or dessolve this murderous contraption. One of this will happen sooner than expected..

But you got it wrong with Fashola. Fashola is a chronic igbo hater just that our people seldom pay attention to his shenanigans. From enjoining folks to go back to their "villages" through his dumping of destitutes at upper iweka , to his outburst that "those who did not win the war should not be enjoying Nigeria more than those who won the war", Fashola has continuously exhhibited an enermous amount of disdain for the East. This has gone under the radar because our people have unconsciously and dangerously bought into the Lagos-Ibadam expressway section of the Nigerian press narrative that suggests that there's something called "Southern Nigeria". That thing doesn't exist. Tinubu and his minions use that mantra to get Southern votes and then revert to their fulani servitude once in power. Look at our federal roads under Fashola.. Give me an example of any federal road he has completed in the East as buharis minister..

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Abujason: 9:39am On Oct 31, 2021
ItsTutsi:
No to second class nyamuri flat.head!
Actually no to third-class sub-human Hausa/Fulanis again!

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Bakinwuta(f): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2021
nzeobi:
Is osita himself not an Igbo man

I tire....can't he equally do same. Some people simply like to complain.

The Igbos act as if they have assurance that with the recent agitations and treat of splitting they will be granted the slot.

Even if that is the case they should remember running Nigeria needs serious alliance with majority, if not all sections so you can best deliver on your policies.

Getting it on a platter isn't good enough.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Bakinwuta(f): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2021
Bakinwuta:

I tire....can't he equally do same. Some people simply like to complain.

The Igbos act as if they have assurance that with the recent agitations and treat of splitting they will be grant the slot.

Even if that is the case they should remember running Nigeria needs serious alliance with majority, if not all sections so you can best deliver on your policies.

Getting it on a platter isn't good enough.

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by azpekuliar: 9:44am On Oct 31, 2021
Penguin2:

Before 1999 elections, OPC was terrorizing the Southwest and with some level of tacit support from locals.

Olu Falae and OBJ emerged as candidates of the two major political parties regardless of the activities of OPC.

Why are you choosing to be intelligent by half?

Are you sure he was born before 1999?
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 31, 2021
DOTian:
The body language of both the Northern and South Western political elite suggests that they want to be sharing the presidency between themselves. It's obvious that unless the general leadership of the political parties agree on jgbo presidency, the same way they agreed on Yoruba presidency in 1999, any Igbo venturing in to contest is on a wild goose chase.

What the Northerners and Southwesterners are doing is called politicking. Building bridges, forming alliances etc.

The Southeasterners are sitting and waiting for someone to hand it over to them.

You'll grow white whiskers waiting.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2021
MyExpression:

Apart from Lagos, Oyo and Ogun state, can you tell me where else in South West that has more igbos than Nasarawa...?

I'm up for a stake.

1.) Have you been to Ondo state before? If yes, where exactly?

2.) Before beating your chest here, I hope you have some statistics to back up your claim.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2021
nzeobi:
Help me ask am please undecided
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by LILTJAY: 9:54am On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
who is scared of you people to leave Nigeria,what is your used to Nigeria...even South South said they prefer to go with South West than South East,I thought you people said your sit at home will short down Nigeria Economy,we are still waiting for that....90% percent of you people run to Lagos on daily basis and will be telling us Nigeria don't want you to go,with the drug Business you are using to tarnished the image of this nation....
I told one igbo girl that we will soon chase them away to their region since they are biafrans and she was just wailing grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by obailala(m): 9:54am On Oct 31, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Seems the igbos don't really care much in becoming president of this country
On the contrary, no Igbo man wants to waste his money vying for an unachievable feat. If for anything, Ipob has murdered and buried the political fortunes of Igbos in the Nigerian centre stage.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by malakaimoscondo: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2021
nzeobi:
have u ever seen him saying presidency or biafra? he is trying to tell u how confuse the south easterners are
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Penguin2: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2021
DOTian:

I noticed that a deluge of Tinubus Internet Urchins (TIU) are on overdrive on this thread as they desperately try to confront any pro Igbo post. Ignore them! Their day of reckoning is around the corner. Buhari will maim them. Let's see how he chooses his successor. Lots of them will be jerked back to reality the day Buhari announces another fulani as his preferred successor.. They're hoping they will get the presidency. The Afonjas only want a Nigeria where they perennially dominate with the fulani. They're NEVER interested in an equitable Nigeria. They only riot and complain when they fell shortchanged by their fulani uncles. It's the duty of the Igbos to change this evil political arrangement! The minorities are disorganized and fragmented to put up a solid challenge. It's the Igbo man's duty to force this two to either accept a Nigeria that works for everyone or dessolve this murderous contraption. One of this will happen sooner than expected..

But you got it wrong with Fashola. Fashola is a chronic igbo hater just that our people seldom pay attention to his shenanigans. From enjoining folks to go back to their "villages" through his dumping of destitutes at upper iweka , to his outburst that "those who did not win the war should not be enjoying Nigeria more than those who won the war", Fashola has continuously exhhibited an enermous amount of disdain for the East. This has gone under the radar because our people have unconsciously and dangerously bought into the Lagos-Ibadam expressway section of the Nigerian press narrative that suggests that there's something called "Southern Nigeria". That thing doesn't exist. Tinubu and his minions use that mantra to get Southern votes and then revert to their fulani servitude once in power. Look at our federal roads under Fashola.. Give me an example of any federal road he has completed in the East as buharis minister..

You are right!

But about Fashola, when last did you use the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway?

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by obailala(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2021
DOTian:

Picked something from your post which I struggle to rationalise; that fashola is a chronic Igbo hater cos
1. He hasnt completed any federal road in the SE
2. He redeployed some Igbo destitutes to their home states.

An outsider who hears this would think Fashola has completed federal roads all around Nigeria but deliberately refused to complete any in the SE. Please can you name the federal roads fashola has completed in the SW, NW, NE, NC and SS?.... Going by your logic, fashola obviously hates all tribes across Nigeria, including yorubas.

Regarding deportation, Peter Obi redeployed destitutes from onitsha back to the Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi, just like fashola deported destitutes to several other SW states and a good number to onitsha. Going by your logic, do you also agree that Obi is also a chronic hater of Efiks, Ibibios?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Penguin2: 10:19am On Oct 31, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
you love PDP simple if these names move to APC Toda you will hate them... Many of you here nickname okorocha okorohausa so make Ina go fight for ticket for PDP APC ticket is for osinbajo...

Is Fashola in PDP?

We don’t hate Osinbajo.

Or is he in PDP?
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Princedauda: 10:24am On Oct 31, 2021
They expect to get the ticket on a platter of gold. That is why they are clamoring for zoning. Bunch of lazy lots

3 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by after4: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2021
yes we have been complaining that we want to leave nigeria. so we don't want to be president

olaolaking:
Because you people have been complaining.
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by after4: 10:34am On Oct 31, 2021
have you taken your drugs today, why did you run away fro, yaba left?

Neyoosha007:

U want Biafra and u still dey fight for political posts

Clueless set of people
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Bimpe29: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2021
That shows the Igbos are not truly serious about 2023 Presidency.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by kjhova(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2021
DOTian:

You're twiddling with trifles...
You don't think so?

No sir, words have meanings and these meanings matter!

An Igbo Presidency suggests a presidential administration that has only Igbo people in it who will work to promote Igbo people's interests only.

These words and it's implicit meanings above will make it harder to sell the idea to non-Igbo citizens of Nigeria. The concept of an Igbo Presidency, will therefore, only make it harder for the proponents of the idea to achieve their dreams.

An Igbo president is the correct term which reflects the genuine meaning of what the agitators are clamouring for.
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 31, 2021
DOTian:
The body language of both the Northern and South Western political elite suggests that they want to be sharing the presidency between themselves. It's obvious that unless the general leadership of the political parties agree on jgbo presidency, the same way they agreed on Yoruba presidency in 1999, any Igbo venturing in to contest is on a wild goose chase.

what you forget to add is that the body language of the ibos from top to bottom suggests they are Biafra supporters, they are overt and covert IPOB sympathisers, so why would anyone outside the SE be in support of installing a SE president?
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by DOTian: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
perambulator:

what you forget to add is that the body language of the ibos from top to bottom suggests they are Biafra supporters, they are overt and covert IPOB sympathisers, so why would anyone outside the SE be in support of installing a SE president?
So you take your presidency and we take our Biafra? Deal?
Re: PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants by Thetruthshallse(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
Can people on this forum tell me the tribe of their soul? You are first of all human before you are hausa ibo or Yoruba. Why don't you love all and hate non, like our Lord love all irrespective whether you are a Jew or gentile. Shalom my people, happy Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines Breaks Silence On Controversial Nigeria Air / Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi / RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.