Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,528 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Can’t Sleep For Weeks - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can’t Sleep For Weeks (1135 Views)

My Husband Can’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife / "My Husband Can’t Go 3 Rounds Anymore" - Nigerian Lady Complains / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Gloriouspraise: 10:08am On Oct 31, 2021
Hello, I am dying ,
I have been battling insomnia
It started in December,I took estradiol pills until after 2 weeks that I had to take coffee, and I couldn’t sleep for 11 days , but I got my sleep

Fast forward to February this year ,I took the estradiol pills again , and I started having some feeling in my ear side , so I went to see a psychiatrist who prescribed a drug for me , I took a lot of anti depressant from February to august , my sleep had started declining too, so in august I took estradiol again ,and I went to complain to doctor of my sleep , and I was given neurotex forte and lost my sleep that night , went back to the doctor to tell him I couldn’t sleep the previous night, and he gave me nitrazepam for a week , after stopping it , I realized I couldn’t sleep again

I got sick , and couldn’t sleep since September 17, please I need help as I am dying, I am really scared, I have been to psychiatrist, no help with the sleeping pills I was given
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Jashub: 10:12am On Oct 31, 2021
Bros , stop taking those drugs ; they'll only make you dependent on them . And besides, there are many medical conditions that are beyond medicine . So try going about this the spiritual way. But if you're a Christian, try reading Psalm91 before bedtime.

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Myzubby(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2021
TRY TO PRAY AT NIGHTS SLEEP WILL COME .

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by CandyOps(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2021
I'm no doctor but you sound like what you need is a good strain of Cannabis Indica.

If to say you dey Canada or Cali where it's legal I for recommend OG Kush or... one strain called Amensia. 2 or 3 dabs will make you forget your worries as you slip into sleep-mode.

And isn't estradiol for oestrogen balancing ?
If you can't blaze try extracting the CBD oil and eat it as against smoking
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Bruno3000(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2021
Do some exercise during the day: running, press ups, weight lifting, etc. You will sleep like a baby at night.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by GboyegaD(m): 11:13am On Oct 31, 2021
Sincerely, antidepressants can mess anyone up. Talk to your doctor, he should be able to recommend a sleep medication to help. Once everything is restructured, stop your medication.
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Kobojunkie: 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2021
GboyegaD:
Sincerely, antidepressants can mess anyone up. Talk to your doctor, he should be able to recommend a sleep medication to help. Once everything is restructured, stop your medication.
Nothing wrong with antidepressants at all. Those who need it just do. One simply need to find the cocktail that works best for one's brain since we don't all function at the same wave length. undecided
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
I got sick , and couldn’t sleep since September 17, please I need help as I am dying, I am really scared, I have been to psychiatrist, no help with the sleeping pills I was given
Do you sleep during the daytime? undecided
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Gloriouspraise: 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Do you sleep during the daytime? undecided

No
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Oizee(f): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

No
Evey night, take two table spoon of original honey and let's see.
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
No
You stated that this all started with your taking of Estradiol , however insomnia isn't listed as a direct side effect of the drug, though depression is on the list. Am I to assume depression is the reason why you were later prescribed antidepressants as well? undecided

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-5186/estradiol-oral/details
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by ezugegere(m): 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
Register for gym. Go for workout regularly. Your body systems will return to normal
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by GboyegaD(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nothing wrong with antidepressants at all. Those who need it just do. One simply need to find the cocktail that works best for one's brain since we don't all function at the same wave length. undecided

My experience with it at some point in my life was horrible and wouldn't switch to try another. I had just changed vicinity and wouldn't sleep at night because that was the easiest time to catch up with Nigerians. This led to constant headache and a bit of abuse of coffee.
At some point the doctor gave me antidepressants to calm me down to sleep. He said I should take it before bed and I don't sleep that day then 2 mornings after, I should take it in the morning.
The day I took it at night, my mind wondered like what I have never experienced all night long and not just a minute of sleep. When I switched it to the morning, I slept worse than a slot that day. Thanks to my roommate who was never in support of the diagnosis from the onset. I threw it out, went for sleep therapy and one of the things I learned then was never to take coffee after 12noon because it stays very active in my system.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Skyfornia(m): 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bruno3000:
Do some exercise during the day: running, press ups, weight lifting, etc. You will sleep like a baby at night.

Op do this and have peace
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by frozen70(f): 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
Hello, I am dying ,
I have been battling insomnia
It started in December,I took estradiol pills until after 2 weeks that I had to take coffee, and I couldn’t sleep for 11 days , but I got my sleep

Fast forward to February this year ,I took the estradiol pills again , and I started having some feeling in my ear side , so I went to see a psychiatrist who prescribed a drug for me , I took a lot of anti depressant from February to august , my sleep had started declining too, so in august I took estradiol again ,and I went to complain to doctor of my sleep , and I was given neurotex forte and lost my sleep that night , went back to the doctor to tell him I couldn’t sleep the previous night, and he gave me nitrazepam for a week , after stopping it , I realized I couldn’t sleep again

Is it that you have psychiatric problems that makes you run to their doctor

Or you are into what is harder than drugs

I am still wondering why you lost all the sleep you need for your brain to relax

Tell us exactly what's wrong with you

You just can't stop loosing sleep just like that

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Foodqueen(f): 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
Av you try good sex
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
GboyegaD:
My experience with it at some point in my life was horrible and wouldn't switch to try another. I had just changed vicinity and wouldn't sleep at night because that was the easiest time to catch up with Nigerians. This led to constant headache and a bit of abuse of coffee.
At some point the doctor gave me antidepressants to calm me down to sleep. He said I should take it before bed and I don't sleep that day then 2 mornings after, I should take it in the morning.
The day I took it at night, my mind wondered like what I have never experienced all night long and not just a minute of sleep. When I switched it to the morning, I slept worse than a slot that day. Thanks to my roommate who was never in support of the diagnosis from the onset. I threw it out, went for sleep therapy and one of the things I learned then was never to take coffee after 12noon because it stays very active in my system.
It didn't work for you does not mean it is not right for others though. I went through something similar to what you describe but I knew from the start that it was all about finding the right cocktail for my brain.... quiting was not an option as my case was beyond desperate at that point in time. It took several months to find the right antidepressant and the right dosage and I enjoyed some pretty good years afterwards. undecided

One thing I will say is this. Before one even begins, one needs to stay educated on the medication one is one - side effects, interactions etc - as well as options out there. I was already past the point of pretending there was no problem to worry about when I started getting treatment for it - my mind was already crashing on me at that point. But one I got on treatment. It was as though I had been given a chance to get my mind right and I put in all effort into that and it paid off well. undecided
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by GavinThompson: 10:12am On Nov 06, 2021
Obviously CBD helps me in a lot of cases, definitely suitable for overexertion and pressure. Plus, it can help you take a nap during the night. I discovered CBD products after reading this article https://toxoplasmosiscenter..com/2020/06/cat-difficulty-breathing-when-purring.html. If you also have sleep or stress problems, consider taking CBD products. Good luck.
Re: I Can’t Sleep For Weeks by spawnx: 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
Do a thyroid function test. TFT

(1) (Reply)

8yrs Old Girl Divorce Her 50yrs Old Husband: Wtf! / How To Influence Your Husband To Love You Again / Married Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.