Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. (965 Views)

Fidelis Kings Nweze 'Rises From The Dead': Jubilation In Ebonyi / Fidelis Nweze Is Dead! Umahi’s Commissioner For Infrastructure Dies / Imo: Justice Nweze Disagreed With The Lead Verdict & Gave A Dissenting Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by EmekaA125(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
I'm very very angry with what is happening and shaping up in Igboland.

Before now, Igboland was the choiced destination for entertainment, trade, commerce and manufacturing industry.

The above trademark has eroded SouthEast region due to crisis, unrest and violence taking over our fatherland.

No doubt, Gov Dave Umahi tried and still trying to change the narrative about his home State, Ebonyi but regionally, he has failed in living up to the task which he was saddled with.

Our region is currently faced with:- Insecurity, Agitation, Violence and senseless killing, Mass exodus of our people to other regions among others.

Unfortunately, Dave Umahi Led SouthEast Governor's Forum hasn't been able to address not even one of the problems mentioned above.

Even the EbubeAgu Security Outfit they(SE Governors) proposed hasn't been equipped and functional till date.

Addressing Nnamdi Kanu issue to douse tension in the region is still a lip service speech. Indeed, Gov Dave Umahi failed SouthEast region despite his worthy service to Ebonyi State.

Until the issues staring at our faces are addressed, we won't make any progress as a major ethnic group in Nigeria.

Now, every SouthEast States has adopted Saturday as School day because of Monday IPOB Sit-At-Home yet we feign ignorance of what led to it and instead of addressing it, Saturday was made a school day instead. Too bad

Let me not talk about Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Prof Obiozor's weak approach in confronting Igbo issues.

Okay, what has SouthEast leaders and Ohanaeze done to ensure that Igbo ethnic clans existing in Benue and Kogi States are carved into Igboland to be with their kinsmen Why would an Igbo group speaking Igbo language be in those two never do well States in the first place. I'm very upset as I write this note.

Gov Dave Umahi should know that he has wider responsibility of overseeing the whole SouthEast region not only Ebonyi State. If the region fails under his watch, then he has failed woefully not minding what he's done or doing in his home State.

Solution:
1) Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB issue should be settled out of Court and Cease Fire truce signed between FG and Kanu with a view to returning Peace in SouthEast region.

2) EbubeAgu Security Outfit should be equipped ASAP. Their security patrol van and welfare would be centrally managed by SouthEast Govs Forum with their regional headquarters stationed in Enugu.

3) All FG roads and projects in SouthEast being executed at slow pace need to be looked into. SouthEast is an important region in the Nigeria project. FG under Buhari hasn't been fair to Igbos but we need not to destroy our region by ourselves.

4) Commercial and industrial hubs of SouthEast, Onitsha and Aba should be given regional attention. Other cities in Igboland need apt attention as well. What we have in Lagos and Abuja can be replicated in our region. We have the resources and wherewithal. What we lack in Igboland is purposeful leadership which has dragged us 18th century backward.

If you are Igbo(Paternally) and you are happy with the situation of things in our land then I'm sorry to say you are all men most miserable.

SouthEast Must Be Better.

Wake up and save your region Chief Engr Dave Nweze Umahi(Executive Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman, SouthEast Governor's Forum).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by EmekaA125(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
Cc;
Lalasticlala.
Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by Welcum: 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
They are all seeking for themselves. Know this and know peace.

For example, you just said this...

No doubt, Gov Dave Umahi tried and still trying to change the narrative about his home State

Why do we allow ourselves to be so easily deceived by politicians? If Dave Umahi truly cares about his people would he be building 100 flyovers instead of 100 cottage industries? Go to Ebonyi State and see women serving mason workers in their thousands. There is so much hunger in that state. Instead, Umahi is embarking on white elephant projects used for ego trips and siphoning the state treasury.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by jom28gy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
What did Abuja and Lagos, have that is not Igbos that built it? about Davi,he is a cameleon,I don't know what interests he has with the north, that made him behaved the way is behaving,if he is relieved of his position,as south east chairman, you will hardly seen with them,he is building bridges and the rest,I asked, how much is the IGR of ebonyi State,to have build what he is building?as many stories have been asked about it, some argued that, is loans from Islamic bank, given to him, for some certain reasons, which he is already doing for them, but the stories not yet acertained,as you rightly said,he had failed wholefully, and playing cameleous life to his people, the igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by EmekaA125(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
jom28gy:
What did Abuja and Lagos, have that is not Igbos that built it? about Davi,he is a cameleon,I don't know what interests he has with the north, that made him behaved the way is behaving,if he is relieved of his position,as south east chairman, you will hardly seen with them,he is building bridges and the rest,I asked, how much is the IGR of ebonyi State,to have build what he is building?as many stories have been asked about it, some argued that, is loans from Islamic bank, given to him, for some certain reasons, which he is already doing for them, but the stories not yet acertained,as you rightly said,he had failed wholefully, and playing cameleous life to his people, the igbos.
Too bad. Gov Dave Umahi must wake up now and protect Igboland. The insecurity and violence must end. God bless Ndigbo.
Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by Osogboprince: 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
EmekaA125:
[s]I'm very very angry with what is happening and shaping up in Igboland. Before now, Igboland is the choiced destination for entertainment, trade and commerce and manufacturing industry.
[/b]
The above trademark has eroded SouthEast region due to sheer indifference and violence taking over our fatherland.

No doubt, Gov Dave Umahi tried and still trying to change the narrative about his home State, Ebonyi but regionally, he has failed in living up to the task which he is saddled with.

Our region is currently faced with:- Insecurity, Agitation, Violence and senseless killing, Mass exodus of our people to other region among others.

Unfortunately, Dave Umahi Led SouthEast Governor's Forum hasn't been able to address not even one of the problems mentioned above.

Even the EbubeAgu Security Outfit they proposed hasn't been equipped till date.

Addressing Nnamdi Kanu issue to douse tension in the region is still a lip service speech. Indeed, Gov Dave Umahi failed SouthEast region despite his worthy service to Ebonyi State.

Until the issue staring at our faces is addressed, we won't make any progress as a major ethnic group in Nigeria.

Now, every SouthEast States have adopted Saturday as School day because of Monday IPOB Sit-At-Home yet we feign ignorance of what led to it and instead of addressing it, Saturday was made a school day instead. Too bad

Let me not about Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Prof Obiozor weak approach in confronting Igbo issues.

Okay, what has SouthEast leaders and Ohanaeze done to ensure that Igbo ethnic clans existing in Benue and Kogi States are carved into Igboland to be with their kinsmen Why would an Igbo group speaking Igbo language be in those two never do well States in the first place. I'm very upset as I write this note.

Gov Dave Umahi should know that he has wider responsibility of overseeing the whole SouthEast region not only Ebonyi State. If the region fails under his watch, then he failed woefully not minding what he's done or doing in his home State.

Solution:
1) Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB issue should be settled out of Court and Cease Fire truce signed between FG and Kanu with a view to returning Peace in SouthEast region.

2) EbubeAgu Security Outfit should be equipped ASAP. Their security patrol van and welfare would be centrally managed by SouthEast Govs Forum with their regional headquarters stationed in Enugu.

3) All FG roads and projects in SouthEast being executed at slow pace need to be looked into. SouthEast is an important region in the Nigeria project. FG under Buhari hasn't been fair to Igbos but we need not to destroy our region by ourselves.

4) Commercial and industrial hubs of SouthEast, Onitsha and Aba should be given regional attention. Other cities in Igboland need apt attention as well. What we have in Lagos and Abuja can be replicated in our region. We have the resources and wherewithal. What we lack in Igboland is purposeful leadership which has dragged us 18th century backward.

If you are Igbo(Paternally) and you are happy with the situation of things in our land then I'm sorry to say you are all men most miserable.

[b]SouthEast Must Be Better.

Wake up and save your region Chief Engr Dave Nweze Umahi(Executive Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman, SouthEast Governor's Forum).[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by Osogboprince: 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
EmekaA125:
[s]I'm very very angry with what is happening and shaping up in Igboland. Before now, Igboland is the choiced destination for entertainment, trade and commerce and manufacturing industry.
[/b]
The above trademark has eroded SouthEast region due to sheer indifference and violence taking over our fatherland.

No doubt, Gov Dave Umahi tried and still trying to change the narrative about his home State, Ebonyi but regionally, he has failed in living up to the task which he is saddled with.

Our region is currently faced with:- Insecurity, Agitation, Violence and senseless killing, Mass exodus of our people to other region among others.

Until the issue staring at our faces is addressed, we won't make any progress as a major ethnic group in Nigeria.

Now, every SouthEast States have adopted Saturday as School day because of Monday IPOB Sit-At-Home yet we feign ignorance of what led to it and instead of addressing it, Saturday was made a school day instead. Too bad

Let me not about Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Prof Obiozor weak approach in confronting Igbo issues.

Gov Dave Umahi should know that he has wider responsibility of overseeing the whole SouthEast region not only Ebonyi State. If the region fails under his watch, then he failed woefully not minding what he's done or doing in his home State.

Solution:

[b]SouthEast Must Be Better.

Wake up and save your region Chief Engr Dave Nweze Umahi(Executive Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman, SouthEast Governor's Forum).[/s]
Last time I checked we have 36 state governors of which umahi is the gov of his state.Obiano is my gov and has done well for Anambra atleast with the new airport. You all scallywags from the sahel want to use insecurity to take over Anambra. Thunder fire una

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by IgweOfNnewi: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sheey o wa ok abi kii gbe e soko
Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by AchalugoNwa(f): 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
speak English or risk sanctioning

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by EmekaA125(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Get lost. This is an Igbo family matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
EmekaA125:

Which Umahi The one being used To distabilise the East

By the time they finish using him, I hope it will not be too late for him!

A selfless south east leader is the one who would have gotten the foundation right! Be creative to alleviate the sufferings the Easterners have been facing

Despite the riches in the South East, any governor still relying on the FG before any project can be done is not serving the people but himself!

Greed and corruption is preventing many of these leaders from being the successful giants they were meant to be!

The SE needs to invest in someone like Nnamdi Kanu and equip him with power!

They need someone with passion and empathy with power! They need a technocrat

Just 3 of such is enough to change the whole of the SE!

The Igbos are never afraid to contribute to develop their state, what they lack is a good leader!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by IgweOfNnewi: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
EmekaA125:

Get lost. This is an Igbo family matter.
You never see anything, you were hailing unknown gunmen for killing security operatives, 1967 to 1970 will be a child's play

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by Advocate500: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
You forgot to mention Nnia nwodo ? The main architect in the destabilisation of igboland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by DEROX: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
lol cheesy choice for entertainment and industry abeg how many musicians are domicile there or how many FG industries or factories do they have

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by RuggedBiafran: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
The foundation that will come after attainment of Biafra will make you bequeath to your children and grandchildren a Nation they'll be Proud of.

I hope you have downloaded KEDU MESSENGER ...Its on Play store...with editor ratings approval...

cheers!!!....WE MOVE!!

Wiseandtrue:

Which Umahi The one being used To distabilise the East

By the time they finish using him, I hope it will not be too late for him!

A selfless south east leader is the one who would have gotten the foundation right! Be creative to alleviate the sufferings the Easterners have been facing

Despite the riches in the South East, any governor still relying on the FG before any project can be done is not serving the people but himself!

Greed and corruption is preventing many of these leaders from being the successful giants they were meant to be!

The SE needs to invest in someone like [b]Nnamdi Kanu and equip him with power
!

They need someone with passion and empathy with power! They need a technocrat

Just 3 of such is enough to change the whole of the SE!

The Igbos are never afraid to contribute to develop their state, what they lack is a good leader! [/b]

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by SmartPolician: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2021
Take your sensitive Igbo issues to your townhall meetings in your local communities. Stop creating threads up and down on Nairaland because you will end up attracting some insults from kids who full this yeye forum. That's what I think.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Gov Dave Nweze Umahi Failed Igboland. by EmekaA125(m): 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2021
SmartPolician:
Take your sensitive Igbo issues to your townhall meetings in your local communities. Stop creating threads up and down on Nairaland because you will end up attracting some insults from kids who full this yeye forum. That's what I think.
There's no better place to make such post than here. Thanks anyway!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Releases New Year Message, Says 2022 Year Of Miracles / Only Nigeria Can Explain Why Abba Kyari Hasn’t Been Extradited For Fraud- US / Who Wants To Move To Colonize SouthEast With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.